Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tebow's NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

To compare tebow to Brady at any point in his career is delusional and disgusting. Tebow is egregiously bad. Horrifically bad. Irredeemably bad.

:ugh: Welp, we're good for the next 30 pages. Thanks Straw.

Here's a good first step: A positive QB rating.

Re: Why did this team sign Tebow?

To be the successor to Brady

I remember callling some months ago, some of you were saying it was crap.

I realized how much similarities there are between Steve Young's situation and Tebow's situation. Both were left armed QB's who were criticized for not being able to throw the ball effectively in there former teams, both had strong arms and talent though, both got picked up by a team that had a legendary coach and multiple super bowl winning quarterbacks who aged like wine, etc.

the only difference is that SY wasn't nearly as popular as Tebow.

Regardless of your opinion's accuracy, I think the givens about the Pats picking up Tim is his read/option literacy and experience. At worst Tim can contribute to the Pats by being a kind of player/coach. In theory, it could help the Pats on both sides of the ball.

Neither are quality QBs, for a backup I really want Alex Tanney if the Cowboys foolishly cut him.

Alex Tanney '11 on Stan Lee's Superhumans - YouTube

Tebow, while not a QB, is definitely a football player. I have a feeling he could be very useful playing multiple positions if he's agreeable to it.
What evidence is there that he can play any other position let alone play it well enough to displace guys who've been playing it for a decade or so? Why do you think he hasn't been willing to? Maybe because he knows he sucks can't catch etc.?

It's like he has his own cult. "Little Timmy can play any position". Sure he can.

What evidence is there that he can play any other position let alone play it well enough to displace guys who've been playing it for a decade or so? Why do you think he hasn't been willing to? Maybe because he knows he sucks can't catch etc.?

It's like he has his own cult. "Little Timmy can play any position". Sure he can.

I never claimed to have evidence he can play other positions but he has shown plenty of football skills and he also has a first class work ethic.

He's played QB all his life, unfortunately without proper instruction regarding the fundamentals of the position, and wants to continue doing so. Perhaps the prospect of being an unemployed QB will make him reconsider being a special teams player that might be able to carve out a quirky niche on the offence in a slash role.

Why are people surprised about this? It was assumed before the game that he wasn't going to get playing time. It's very simple, if Belichick thinks we need a third QB on the roster, he'll make the team. If not, he won't.

Forgive me, but (although I feel the same way,) one sure-fire fan meme is the "[name of player] [name of player] [name of player] how can we lose?" analysis.

I loved the early 2000s... the magic of thinking it would just be fine in the end. We'll at some point (boo hoo) look back fondly some season, at the days when we really started worrying once it was the playoffs. Damn we (still) got it good.

On the other hand, I really really have had enough of losing super bowls by less than a TD to the freakin' NY Giants.

It would be nice to put the universe back the way it's supposed to be for a few years here.

I'm not suggesting that because of those names we can't lose, I'm saying that those are the types of names you need to build a championship team. They might, and I stress that, be our Milloy, Law, Bruschi, McGinest or our Seymour, Mankins, Wifork, Warren. Put it this way, they might not win us our next championship, but we're not winning one without that calibre of player.

If the patriots performance since Kraft arrived is not good enough for you as a fan, then you really should find a new team.

Clearly, the Belichick-Brady era has been one of the very best in the history of the NFL. The 2007 season was magic and one play away from being the best season in the history of the NFL.

It would be nice to put the universe back the way it's supposed to be for a few years here.

It really is that simple.

Why are people surprised about this? It was assumed before the game that he wasn't going to get playing time. It's very simple, if Belichick thinks we need a third QB on the roster, he'll make the team. If not, he won't.

I realized how much similarities there are between Steve Young's situation and Tebow's situation. Both were left armed QB's who were criticized for not being able to throw the ball effectively in there former teams, both had strong arms and talent though, both got picked up by a team that had a legendary coach and multiple super bowl winning quarterbacks who aged like wine, etc.

Boom goes the dynamite.

And that is a walk off... /closed

Edit: lol , merged.

s young could actually play qb.......bang goes the dynamite

I realized how much similarities there are between Steve Young's situation and Tebow's situation. Both were left armed QB's who were criticized for not being able to throw the ball effectively in there former teams, both had strong arms and talent though, both got picked up by a team that had a legendary coach and multiple super bowl winning quarterbacks who aged like wine, etc. the only difference is that SY wasn't nearly as popular as Tebow.

No, the only difference that makes any difference is that Young could think, read defenses and throw the ball with accuracy. You're better off comparing an aardvark to a peregrine falcon.

It's very simple, if Belichick thinks we need a third QB on the roster, he'll make the team. If not, he won't.
The thing is, the list of QB's that are at home or retired that are better then tebow is is absolutely huge. Even the immortal scott zolak could have walked on the field in tebows place and got more then -1 yard in game 2 without even seeing the playbook.

If he's on the 53 theres no doubt in my mind the only reason is to sell some jersey's to his little fan club that follows him from team to team. He offers nothing else of value to any nfl team. If he wasn't all jesus'y he would have been ryan leafed out of the nfl by now. Any other name that performed like he did this preseason would have been cut and forgotten about already.

This is pathetic. And "he's a nice guy and great example in the lockerroom" thats being used to justify keeping him and actually getting paid QB money in the nfl is easily the single most stupidest thing i've ever read on a football message board, and I've trolled the jets sites for comic relief before.

If the patriots performance since Kraft arrived is not good enough for you as a fan, then you really should find a new team.

Did I say that? Find the guy that did, and have an argument with him.

Clearly, the Belichick-Brady era has been one of the very best in the history of the NFL. The 2007 season was magic and one play away from being the best season in the history of the NFL.

True dat. However: Wahhhhhh.

s young could actually play qb.......bang goes the dynamite

You drop this?

DSC_9799.JPG

For those of us who enjoy sitting back and observing the humor of the human condition, I have been awaiting for the inevitable Tebow cut and susbsequent inglorious retirement from the league. Watching the reaction of the sycophants promises to be entertaining.

However, I thought of a scenario that would be equally amusing.

Brady and Mallet go down with injuries in Week 17. Tebow somehow pulls a Jeff Hostetler out of his arse and goes on a Super Bowl run. Watching the Tebow haters having to cheer for him and deal with the media eruption would be unreal.

Or, he could just stay on the roster as QB3.....and the beat goes on and on and on......

Haters gotta hate. :rocker:

My bad, I forgot that we have to love players who suck completely because they are Christians. From now on I won't care about how the team plays only how devout they are. I am trying to revise my roster projections right now because I had Brady at QB but he won't make my all Christian roster.

Brady and Mallet go down with injuries in Week 17. Tebow somehow pulls a Jeff Hostetler out of his arse and goes on a Super Bowl run. Watching the Tebow hate

No Super Bowl run, but that was genuinely what it felt like in 2011. There were tons of supposed Broncos fans that couldn't hide that they were rooting for the Broncos to fail. They were licking their chops each week for a loss.

Graham Harrell cut by Green Bay (so likely Vince Young is the backup). One more for the trend of running QB's on the squad. I don't think VY has the same style as Aaron Rodgers. But he brings something else to the table and could probably get some wins if Rodgers was out for a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes