Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL... yeah, a sort of nice 3-peat bookend on the back end of Brady's career would be fine with me. Then I'd always win bar arguments. Also I'd just be randomly psyched for years n years.

No doubt!!! It's way easy to say, 'Who's got the ring, B****?'

re: Tebow's NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

I'm just disappointed that it isn't a bleacher report article :(

Although this article doesn't quite have the credibility that a bleacher report article would automatically get, it was written by esteemed Yahoo! Expert Dan Wanzel, so I can see how it warrants more urgent and focused discussion...

Personally, I'm just sick of this sick, obsessive tebow cult that feels like it needs to start new 3rd string qb threads every day :D

I'm just sick of all of them yammering for Brady to sit and for Tebow to start. :mad:

its going to be strange having the forums drop back down to its normal pre-tebow membership numbers

Oh joy, another Tim Tebow thread; imagine that. I was just beginning to wonder why there is no place to discuss him here on this forum.

:rolleyes:

Final roster cuts are seven days away. As far as I am concerned they can't get here soon enough, regardless of who stays and who is let go.

Not only is he a great leader, but he's also a good role model, lots of people love him, sells lots of jersey, and he can help the team.

You got 4 out of 5 right.

Re: Tebows NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

I'm just sick of all of them yammering for Brady to sit and for Tebow to start. :mad:

It's truly disgusting. Cancerous, even. All these people keep yapping and yapping about him, and he isn't even a starter!!! I bet the only reason a lot of these people go on and on is because of jesus, or something. Buncha religious nut jobs, obviously. If I see one more thread about tebow, I think I'm gonna lose it.

I'm a little busy writing my next tebow sucks thread, but as soon as I'm finished with that, I'm gonna write a blog or two about all these tebow quacks, so that the world can know, and see them for what they really are.

AHCK!!!

Re: Tebow's NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

... his presence on the team will factor in a win or two this season..you can bet on that.

I'm willing to take that bet.

Oh joy, another Tim Tebow thread; imagine that. I was just beginning to wonder why there is no place to discuss him here on this forum.

:rolleyes:

You wouldn't know a moderator who could roll all of this up into a single thread, by any chance, would you? :rolleyes:

I said it before, I still think Bill has a plan for Tim to help us win today. I hope we see it soon. Maybe next week.

If Belichick knows how to use incomplete passes, interceptions, and fumbles by his own QB to "win now" then he isn't a "genius" he is the fricking Messiah.

For those of you ready to bury Tebow,I got news for you..he ain't likely going anywhere.

Unless he throws 7 INTs and has another negative yard completion rate against the G Men,he WILL be on this team,like it or not.

The Pats have clearly brought him in to learn the position and the mechanics slowly and keep the locker room in high spirits and being a positive man and Tim is about as high of a locker room positive blood pumping guy as it gets.

If my Pats are down by 20 at halftime,there are two guys I can think of that I would want my team to gather around in the locker room...one was Ray Lewis and the other is Tim Tebow,from a never give up attitude that only comes from guys like these,even if Tebow is struggling to play in the NFL what he has as a gift from God could be rewarding to the whole team in general and a bright spot amongst a very dark cloudy offseason for New England.

Some will say its a waste of a roster spot,perhaps it is but his presence on the team will factor in a win or two this season..you can bet on that.

If Tebow sticks it will be as the 3rd QB. If we are down 20 at half time the 3rd QB on the roster won't be making any speeches. I think i'd rather hear a speech from a Halll of Famer with 3 rings then a 3rd string QB.

Let's be realistic, the starters are not gonna take any inspiration from the 3rd stringer holding the clip board.

If Belichick knows how to use incomplete passes, interceptions, and fumbles by his own QB to "win now" then he isn't a "genius" he is the fricking Messiah.

Hahaha, let it be know that Ivan said it FIRST!!!

You wouldn't know a moderator who could roll all of this up into a single thread, by any chance, would you? :rolleyes:

Seconded. Lets keep those crazy Tebow guys in one thread...

There is exactly one person in God's infinite universe who knows whether or not Tim Tebow makes the 2013 New England Patriots. That person shall remain nameless but for purposes of this discussion, let's call him "Bill,"

Seconded. Lets keep those crazy Tebow guys in one thread...

Maybe there could be a "I Hate Tebow And I Have My Panties In A Bunch" thread that get's ever so popular once a month.

There is exactly one person in God's infinite universe who knows whether or not Tim Tebow makes the 2013 New England Patriots. That person shall remain nameless but for purposes of this discussion, let's call him "Bill,"

McD and Kraft might have some inkling :)

First of all, I don't think Belichick and McDaniels actually brought Tebow here to simply play QB and push Brady for the starting job.

And if they do have some "situational football" plays in mind for Tebow, I'm not expecting Belichick - typically pretty vanilla with what he shows on offense and defense in the pre-season - would go out of his way to tip his hand in public, televised pre-season games.

But let's all admit that neither Tebow nor Mallett look like they could take the reins and step in for Brady if God forbid he gets injured.

So I'm just going to come right out and say the two words that everyone is thinking as the answer to our backup QB situation

"Brett Favre"

;)

Maybe there could be a "I Hate Tebow And I Have My Panties In A Bunch" thread that get's ever so popular once a month.

Would that replace the " OK, He Sucks, But I Still Want Him On The Team" threads, or the "He can't Play Quarterback But Maybe Bill Can turn Him Into An Ice Skater" threads?

Amazing that some people still think tebow will have a job, the only job out there that you can suck as epically as he has and keep it is a politician.

The man has better stats when he *doesn't* play. Unreal.

Amazing that some people still think tebow will have a job, the only job out there that you can suck as epically as he has and keep it is a politician.

The man has better stats when he *doesn't* play. Unreal.

Well said, right on the money.

But let's all admit that neither Tebow nor Mallett look like they could take the reins and step in for Brady if God forbid he gets injured.

So I'm just going to come right out and say the two words that everyone is thinking as the answer to our backup QB situation

"Brett Favre"

;)

FWIW, Brady of 2001 couldn't step right in and run the current offense anywhere near as well as he runs it today.

The question is whether Mallett or Tebow would be able to run an offense more tailored to their skillsets, and if that would produce victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents