Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Harrell cut by Green Bay (so likely Vince Young is the backup). One more for the trend of running QB's on the squad. I don't think VY has the same style as Aaron Rodgers. But he brings something else to the table and could probably get some wins if Rodgers was out for a spell.
That's a bunch of baloney since Aaron Rodgers was running for his life last season.

That's a bunch of baloney since Aaron Rodgers was running for his life last season.

So you think Vince Young does have the same style as Aaron Rodgers?

Agree to disagree.

Re: Tebow's NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

My bad, I forgot that we have to love players who suck completely because they are Christians. From now on I won't care about how the team plays only how devout they are. I am trying to revise my roster projections right now because I had Brady at QB but he won't make my all Christian roster.

Umm....... I dunno. I like Tim Tebow, but I'm a Pagan, not a Christian. Religion has nothing to do with my support for him. I see him as an excellent role model since he has some excellent personal standards, and he lives up to them. That's something that seems to be in short supply these days, and I often wonder if the reason some folks are so hateful of him is because they see their own self-worth and faults rather glaring by comparison. Maybe not, but it's something to consider when you examine the pure spittle-flecked spite thrown at him by some on this board.

You have to remember that the NFL, although a professional sports organization, is all about entertainment first. Entertaining the crowds fills the stadiums, sells merchandise and advertising spots. It enriches the owners, players, sub-contractors, and ALL parts of the NFL commu7nity.

Tim Tebow, regardless of your views as to his QB skills, is an incredibly marketable commodity. Just his presence on a team brings in more viewers, if for no other reason than to see what all the hubbub is about.

But folks also need to understand that although winning is the primary goal of this and every other team, a player like Tim Tebow acts as an economic multiplier. The team may not be any better with him on it, but they certainly won't be worse, and him being there will assuredly cause more merchandise to be sold, probably some more tickets, and likely some more TV revenue. The broadcasters love it because regardless of what the storyline is, Tim Tebow creates MORE stories, and thus more viewers, and THAT creates more advertising revenue.

I want Tim Tebow on this team. I like the thought of how he helps create the media buzz. And rather than comparing him to Brady in 2001, I'd compare him to Doug Flutie. When the Patriots were losing, the cries for FLUTIE! FLUTIE! would fill the stadium, even though no coach would put him in. He never really got the chance to play much here and he was shipped off to the CFL before eventually coming back as a backup. BUT....... he was a crowd pleaser, and folks came to games JUST HOPING to get a chance to see him on the field.

So, yeah....... there's a place for Tim Tebow on this team, and this organization, and I hope he's on the 53 come opening day. He may never play a down, but his being on the roster will make both the team and the organization better, and that's a good thing. :rocker:

Steve Young is a Mormon. Tebow is the real deal.

Seriously dude? You just went there?

Boom! goes the ban hammer......... :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Seriously dude? You just went there?

Boom! goes the ban hammer......... :rocker::rocker::rocker:

This thread is insane. I love it.

Keep us posted.
Number of snaps played by Tim Tebow in the New England Patriots third preseason game:

arg-0-50-trans.gif

The team may not be any better with him on it, but they certainly won't be worse
The team most certainly will be worse if he's taking up space from someone who could actually contribute something towards the goal of winning a football game. Which he quite clearly is incapable of.

I like the thought of how he helps create the media buzz.
Thats what footballs all about right there, thats why jets fans are in paradise with rex ryan, they dont want to see wins, they want to watch ryan say stupid crap weekly and create a "media buzz". The games are just a sideshow to give him something to talk about.

I'd compare him to Doug Flutie.
I compare him with mark sanchez, another horrible qb. One holds the record for the stupidest nfl play ever, the buttfumble, the other runs around the backfield panicked play after play and trys to take the title for stupidest play ever but can't even manage to do that right. Though I will give him some credit, he has taken the longest sack in nfl history, that's worth something.

his being on the roster will make both the team and the organization better
Do you even watch football? Do you understand the job description of a QB?

Do you even watch football? Do you understand the job description of a QB?

Have you ever held a job in management? Have you ever been responsible for a payroll? Have you ever owned your own business? I have. I know what sort of PR gold someone like Tim Tebow can bring to an organization. Have you ever had a day go by where you weren't filled with adolescent rage at Tebow and anyone who happens to say something nice about him?

Never mind. It's obvious you're just parroting the thoughts of the haters to try and fit in with your chosen crowd.

And for the record, I was there during the Flutie years, and even before, and I saw his potential and the ignorance of his haters, and the excitement of the crowd(s) who wanted him to play.

Why did this team sign Tebow?

Damned if I know, still. :rolleyes::eek::(

Tim Tebow 2013 Preseason Passer Rating - 17.7

NFL Stats - CBSSports.com

Do not discount momentum.

Game 2: -1 yards passing
Game 3: 0 yards passing

Game 4? I'm no expert at deciphering patterns, but I see a 1 yard passing day for Tebow. By his 303rd game, he will throw for 300 yards!

Have you ever owned your own business?
Do right now, multiple ecommerce sites, thanks for asking. I'd never hire someone who was so inept at his job that it was actually embarrassing to watch their interpretation of them trying to perform it. It would be the same as me keeping someone around who put the damn shipping labels on the inside of the boxes over and over. I cant fire him because he's a huge fan of jesus and really really nice? Uh no, out the door he goes. Period.

I know what sort of PR gold someone like Tim Tebow can bring to an organization.
A players job is not PR, it's to help win games. He brings less then nothing to that table.

Have you ever had a day go by where you weren't filled with adolescent rage at Tebow and anyone who happens to say something nice about him?
Wanting the team to keep players that actually fulfill a need other then media storyline is 'adolescent rage'? This isnt the WWF.

Never mind. It's obvious you're just parroting the thoughts of the haters to try and fit in with your chosen crowd.
I'm parroting nothing, I'm an original hater ever since his "2 completion" joke of a game, before that, he was just some comedy I caught on the sports shows, before that in college, I wasn't even aware he existed. I blame denver's defense for this, they are the only reason this guy is still in the league.

And for the record, I was there during the Flutie years, and even before, and I saw his potential and the ignorance of his haters, and the excitement of the crowd(s) who wanted him to play.
I was a kid when flutie was around originally, I do remember wanting him to play, he must have done something that resembled QB'ing to make me like him. Tebow has not, at all.

You are trying to justify wasting a roster spot on someone because he's a nice guy and creates media buzz.. How does that even make sense when the entire idea of playing a game is to win.. it doesnt.

Do not discount momentum.

Game 2: -1 yards passing
Game 3: 0 yards passing

Game 4? I'm no expert at deciphering patterns, but I see a 1 yard passing day for Tebow.
That may take an act of God! ;)

Umm....... I dunno. I like Tim Tebow, but I'm a Pagan, not a Christian. Religion has nothing to do with my support for him. I see him as an excellent role model since he has some excellent personal standards, and he lives up to them. That's something that seems to be in short supply these days, and I often wonder if the reason some folks are so hateful of him is because they see their own self-worth and faults rather glaring by comparison. Maybe not, but it's something to consider when you examine the pure spittle-flecked spite thrown at him by some on this board.

You have to remember that the NFL, although a professional sports organization, is all about entertainment first. Entertaining the crowds fills the stadiums, sells merchandise and advertising spots. It enriches the owners, players, sub-contractors, and ALL parts of the NFL commu7nity.

Tim Tebow, regardless of your views as to his QB skills, is an incredibly marketable commodity. Just his presence on a team brings in more viewers, if for no other reason than to see what all the hubbub is about.

But folks also need to understand that although winning is the primary goal of this and every other team, a player like Tim Tebow acts as an economic multiplier. The team may not be any better with him on it, but they certainly won't be worse, and him being there will assuredly cause more merchandise to be sold, probably some more tickets, and likely some more TV revenue. The broadcasters love it because regardless of what the storyline is, Tim Tebow creates MORE stories, and thus more viewers, and THAT creates more advertising revenue.

I want Tim Tebow on this team. I like the thought of how he helps create the media buzz. And rather than comparing him to Brady in 2001, I'd compare him to Doug Flutie. When the Patriots were losing, the cries for FLUTIE! FLUTIE! would fill the stadium, even though no coach would put him in. He never really got the chance to play much here and he was shipped off to the CFL before eventually coming back as a backup. BUT....... he was a crowd pleaser, and folks came to games JUST HOPING to get a chance to see him on the field.

So, yeah....... there's a place for Tim Tebow on this team, and this organization, and I hope he's on the 53 come opening day. He may never play a down, but his being on the roster will make both the team and the organization better, and that's a good thing. :rocker:

The idea that a player should make this team because he is a good guy is literally absurd. The only reason a player should make the team is. Because they deserve it.

Why does this term make you feel like your in a Cult?

I'm not going to dignify that with a response. That stupid comment speaks for itself. Re- read what I said and maybe you comprehend what I was trying to say. I'm a patriots fan and not a tebow. I just happen to think the kid deserves a fair chance to succeed. I have no ill will against him.

The idea that a player should make this team because he is a good guy is literally absurd. The only reason a player should make the team is. Because they deserve it.

Whoah. Wait a second. He's a very great guy not a good guy. He's mutilated genitals in the Philippines. What great guy hasn't done that? Sign the beast.

Have you ever held a job in management? Have you ever been responsible for a payroll? Have you ever owned your own business? I have. I know what sort of PR gold someone like Tim Tebow can bring to an organization. Have you ever had a day go by where you weren't filled with adolescent rage at Tebow and anyone who happens to say something nice about him?

Don't waste your time. Some people are just obsessed with him. I happen to think he sucks at qb And should consider a position change, but if bill think he can make him into a qb, who I'm I to judge or question him. Some people just think they know more than bill and they don't.

If tebow hasn't been cut yet, bill has a plan for him. Rather than be patient to see what the plan is, it turns into let's ridicule tebow and whoever supports him. Again I think he sucks as a football player right now, but I will defer to Bill's expertise on it. If he deems that tebow can't be made into a qb or whatever and cuts him, so be it but I still wish luck in whatever he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back