Asking for your support

Who would you rather have as your QB?

• Drew Brees

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would I rather have (obviously if Brady wasn't here)? That would have to be Rodgers... IF he could stay healthy.

Better QB. Better arm. More accurate. Also 4/1 TD/INT ratio vs just 2/1 for Brees. He also plays outdoors and doesn't benefit from a dome inflating stats. Payton is also a far superior coach to McCarthy and yet Rodgers rolls and does what he does.

But IMO he gets dinged up way too much and I question how long he will last in this league if it keeps happening.

I pick Rodgers but not by much. I just think Rodgers can do more with less talent around him and with worse coaching plus he plays the majority of his games outdoors.

I’m going to go with Brees. Brees wouldn’t have choked in Seattle in 2014 with SIX turnovers!

I pick Rodgers but not by much. I just think Rodgers can do more with less talent around him and with worse coaching plus he plays the majority of his games outdoors.

We can mention the weapons around him but we also need to bring up the O-line. Rodgers has had arguably the best pass blocking O-line around any QB ever (when you factor in his whole career compared to the O-lines other QBs have had to deal with).

I think we need to bring that up when comparing the two.

Also while Rodgers may have the better Stats I think Brees leads to better results and you can put him on him.

Times Rodgers has either thrown for 400 yards or 50 passes in a playoff game? One.

Times Brees has either thrown for 400 yards or 50 passes in a playoff game? Three. He lost 2 of them but managed to score 36, 45 and 32 points and just barely lost the 2 games he passed that much in.

My question is this. If Rodgers is the better QB than why don't the Packers lean on him the way the Saints have on Brees when they absolutely need to have it?

It just seems odd to me.

Depends on the metrics you're using to come up with 'better'

W/L records, championships, comebacks are also all reflected in stats too and Rodgers is way behind the GOAT in each

Rodgers is something like 1-40 in 4th quarter comebacks vs winning teams. His only win being the playoff game vs Dallas when they didn't give Dez Bryant credit for his catch and dive. He has had a dozen or so against losing teams though.

In last night's game vs the Rams he had the ball and the lead with 3 or 4 minutes left. All he had to do was get a couple of 1st downs and/or a few yards and they probably win the game. Instead he pulled a 3 and out which eventually allowed the Rams to take the lead with a FG.

Then on the Rams kickoff the Packers fumbled and the narrative was that the fumble didn't allow Rodgers to make a comeback. One that he usually doesn't make anyway.

I'd take Brees over Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Brees is an all time great stat padder. Roders chokes in big games. Hes barely over 500 on the road. Brady's better than both..

I don't like Brees's pregame speech lol. I also dislike his cadence. Same with Rodgers. Another thing that I hate is how everyone makes excuses for Rodgers!!!

Another guy with a ****ty cadence is Cam Newton.

Brees without a doubt. My opinion is based solely on the fact that he is more likeable and has done wonders for the city of New Orleans. I jut prefer him over Rogers .

Brees has been great with his checkdown rbs over the years. LT, Sproles and Kamara have been a big part of his game and success. No fault of his and he is a great one no doubt who makes use of all his weapons. Its always a play action situation for Brees with that kind of talent.

Straight up I’d probably go Rodgers by a nod if he had the right players around him. Definitely a tough call though, I could go back and forth.

why pats fans have to be so insecure? i don't get it.

i don't know why some you guys fee threatened by rodgers or whoever else.

both are great QBs. Rodgers is a great talent, a great thrower of the football, best i've ever seen since marino. brees is the most under appreciated QB of my life time. he was overshadowed by brady/manning and then brady/rodgers. he is a great QB with a great bulk stats and he flat out can ball.

i find both likable. i appreciate their greatness. i hope we have more chance to play them at their best.

but then i was one of the few who really appreciated peyton manning. i miss brady/manning days. i loved the competition and the debate between the two.

i just dont get why fans have to be so damn defensive and feel insecure.

our guy brady got everything. he is the definition of the GOAT. it's ok some minority to think so and so is better. it's not the end of the world. let the rings, mvps, and wins speak for themselves.

hey look pal..the LAST thing I am is insecure. I despise Jumpy Punk Rogers because I KNOW why he does the "me me me look at me!" bullshyt he pulls every goddamned game. He's an egomad glory hog. Period. What I do NOT understand is why all the midwestern sphincter remoras constantly come here trying to talk down Patriots fans and Tom Brady. Newsflash, Amos Alonzo Stagg Lombardi...GB and Jumpy Punk did exactly SQUAT when Brady's entire career was shyt on by the most ignorant shytheel in sports history, Roger Goodell. Rogers kept his punk mouth shut because he's a gutless ****in' worm. Drew Brees has more guts, skill and character in the stools he shyts out every day than that goddyamed Rogers and Brees stepped up like the MAN he is in Brady's defense.

I have no idea how the season will turn out for Brady or Brees but I'll say this right now and you can archive it....Jumpy Punk is going NOWHERE this season. AGAIN.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back