PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I wrong to read Aaron Rogers comments and NEVER want him as my QB1?

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

So in the linked article, Rogers says;

“I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. The right situation, is that Green Bay or is that somewhere else? I’m not sure. But I don’t think you should shut down any opportunity.”

No mention of helping a team win a SB, elevating players around him, etc.

Just…rubs me the wrong way and makes him a “no” for me as QB1.

Maybe I’m Naive and all QB’s feel that way but he’s just honest enough to say it.

I just prefer a dude who cares more about W’s than personal awards.

So in the linked article, Rogers says;

“I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. The right situation, is that Green Bay or is that somewhere else? I’m not sure. But I don’t think you should shut down any opportunity.”

No mention of helping a team win a SB, elevating players around him, etc.

Just…rubs me the wrong way and makes him a “no” for me as QB1.

Maybe I’m Naive and all QB’s feel that way but he’s just honest enough to say it.

I just prefer a dude who cares more about W’s than personal awards.
Well Mac knows he could never be MVP so you won’t hear him say something like this.

Well Mac knows he could never be MVP so you won’t hear him say something like this.
I’m hesitant to mention this name, because it’s polarizing here, but I don’t believe I EVER heard TB12 mention winning MVP as a primary outcome for a future season in the 24 years he has played.

For that matter, I don’t believe Josh Allen, or Patrick Mahomes ever have either.

I’m hesitant to mention this name, because it’s polarizing here, but I don’t believe I EVER heard TB12 mention winning MVP as a primary outcome for a future season in the 24 years he has played.

For that matter, I don’t believe Josh Allen, or Patrick Mahomes ever have either.
I agree

Rodgers comes across as an incredible prima donna. Just an immense diva douchebag.

Like I'm not going to pretend he isn't a bigger talent than Mac Jones or whoever, but the guy's personality is absolutely radioactive.

Even LeBron James at his worst talked in terms of winning CHAMPIONSHIPS wherever he went to, not personal awards.

Rodgers comes across as an incredible prima donna. Just an immense diva douchebag.

Like I'm not going to pretend he isn't a bigger talent than Mac Jones or whoever, but the guy's personality is absolutely radioactive.

Even LeBron James at his worst talked in terms of winning CHAMPIONSHIPS wherever he went to, not personal awards.

Totally agree. Can’t deny Rogers’ talent…truly one of the best to ever do it physically. But…woof his personality re: football isn’t my jam.

I don’t have a problem with him personally as his interviews on Pat Macafee (love that guy) have shown he is a bright, articulate guy but def seems like a “my stats are all that matter” type.

You guys know the rules by now. :cool:

740full-milana-vayntrub.jpg

The Boston Bruins have a good chance to win their second Stanley Cup in the time since Rodgers last made it to the Super Bowl.

You guys know the rules by now. :cool:

740full-milana-vayntrub.jpg
I don't understand the fascination. Is it something to do with her being totally obtainable for the average guy but-for her being in commercials?

Kinda reminds of the Tina Fey and Natalie Portman fascination. They're considered hot to some guys because if they weren't celebrities there's a chance they might actually look at them.

He clearly has his eye on Peyton Manning, to be known as the greatest regular season QB.

The pack has a big decision to make... team option for 58 million, guaranteed... If they think love is ready, I could see him ousted in green bay... They'd be taking a huge dead money hit, but it would be just about half the guarantees... But I think Love is trash, so the team takes the 2 year option

Lol whats the backstory to that?
Back a couple years ago, there was a thread on Rodgers that dealt with his social life. It didn't start that way but it was hijacked into him with Olivia Munn, Danica Patrick, the chick from Tron Legacy... a whole bunch of others. Talked about how he might have had a thing for dudes, some 5th string wideout that he was all upset about getting cut, really down the rabbit hole. At some point, either @RobertWeathers or I posted a pick of Lily and it became a thing. (he was not linked to her) There was a lot of back and forth, and it evolved into every Aaron Rodgers thread gets Lily in it. We defend Lily like she's our queen or some chit. One of the guys badmouthed her and that chit isn't gonna fly. The pics are now these very innocuous shots of her, not the early ones of her with her boobs spilling out everywhere. She's like the patsfans mascot of the Aaron Rodger Thread Hijack Movement.

@Jlaff here's the whole story. I don't get the fascination either, but it became a thing. It's bigger than all of us. The internet kinda has a way of doing that, you know what I mean?

I don't understand the fascination. Is it something to do with her being totally obtainable for the average guy but-for her being in commercials?

Kinda reminds of the Tina Fey and Natalie Portman fascination. They're considered hot to some guys because if they weren't celebrities there's a chance they might actually look at them.

A bachelor financier was dating three different women and decided to give each woman $10,000 to see which one he should marry:

Woman A spent $10,000 on her wardrobe, make up, haircut, and a makeover to make her presentable for the bachelor.

Woman B spent $10,000 to upgrade the bachelor's entertainment system with a 100" flat screen TV, a PS5, and etc...all for the bachelor.

Woman C invested the $10,000 and had a 500% ROI then gave $50,000 back to the bachelor.

Which one did the bachelor choose?

The one with the biggest breasts......

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back