• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Discuss

Rodgers is the more talented QB and has a higher ceiling when he has everything going well.

Brees seems to do better against top Ds though. At least that is my impression of him.

Rodgers

Brees plays in a dome, at least 9x per year (home 8, plus ATL). Probably often 10 games depending on what other division they draw.

They have a similar career home-road split drop off of about 10 pts in QB rating, so it’s not like weather is the only differentiating factor here. But while he has been remarkably consistent and is a great great QB and HOF, the main thing Brees has on other QBs is counting stats I think it’s reasonable to take that factor into account. We always did for Peyton. Plus he stopped the game. Brees inherited the stat compiling from Peyton, while Rodgers inherited the media ballwashing, which is equally frustrating. In the end I’d choose Rodgers because he’s more fun to watch.

Brees approaches sainthood status in NOLA, was there during Mardi Gras after the Saints won the Superbowl.. not sure have ever seen such adulation for any one man bar none. He is a very likeable man who the fans all consider as one of them...

As the Sunday nite parade was lining up, Bacchus I believe, he got there along with Sean Payton and they both went into Tipitina's on the corner of Napolean.. coincidentally we were about 100 yards away, almost immediately there was a huge surge of fans who pretty much blocked off the whole area..

Rodgers as good as he is, is not anywhere as popular..

I know it is heresy, but Brees barring injury, will probably be statistically the best QB of all time... but he only has one ring so far and he plays in the Astrodome.. so asterisk will be necessary..

Brees is better. Rogers is a drunk and a dumbass . On top of all that, I mean, look at those stupid green uniforms

That team belongs in Afghanistan

Both are good but I will always go with the guy that plays outside and in the cold.

Mahomes is more talented than Rodgers and a lot more flashy and appealing.

Manning was a better stat padder (slightly) and master of meaningless games than Brees (who is himself an amazing, incredible compiler or absolutely meaningless garbage yards and garbage TDs). Both are outstanding at throwing lots of INTs and getting zero criticism for losses.

So both are bound to be footnotes in roughly 10 years

Might I suggest that Brady is better than both. So I don't care about second and third place.

Go Pats

Brees is better. Rogers is a drunk and a dumbass . On top of all that, I mean, look at those stupid green uniforms

That team belongs in Afghanistan

A drunk?

Statistically Rodgers is the greatest QB ever, but he doesn't hold a candle to Brady's overall resume.

Which means Brees has even less of a case, because he does not have Brady's accomplishments/accolades nor does he dominate statistics like Rodgers does (though the difference between Brees and Rodgers ain't much). Both are tied in terms of rings.

I'd take Brady over both, and both over Peyton.

Mr. Rogers is infinitely better.

mister_rogers_feature_2_1050x700.jpg

W/L records, championships, comebacks are also all reflected in stats too and Rodgers is way behind the GOAT in each

Mahomes is more talented than Rodgers and a lot more flashy and appealing.

Manning was a better stat padder (slightly) and master of meaningless games than Brees (who is himself an amazing, incredible compiler or absolutely meaningless garbage yards and garbage TDs). Both are outstanding at throwing lots of INTs and getting zero criticism for losses.

So both are bound to be footnotes in roughly 10 years

Let's wait until his second year before we start saying hes better then anyone else. Consistency is a big part of the greatness discussion, and we've seen a lot of players start strong and then fizzle out.

There's no doubt that Rodgers has been more spectacular for longer than Brees.

Brees has been more durable than Rodgers. Rodgers has been a little brittle by comparison, while Brees had that 1 major injury over a decade ago and nothing else to speak of.

Even accounting for the difference in # of games played, Rodgers has way fewer 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives than Brees. He's had a handful of spectacular last second Hail Marys, but mostly he's not a comeback kind of guy.

Brees had more losing seasons, but was stuck playing with historically bad defenses for long stretches of his career. People said this about Peyton on the Colts as an excuse, but it was actually TRUE for much of Brees's career with the Saints.

Both have 1 ring. Brees was consistently better during his Super Bowl run than Rodgers was in his. Brees won a title for a franchise that was basically a subtropical version of the 1999+ Browns for most of its existence, which has to count for something.

Brees is (probably) closer to the end of his career than Rodgers, but right now I kind of lean Brees because I value consistency and longevity.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back