SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:WEEI

SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Who deserves more blame for losing the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Soul_Survivor88, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Who deserves more blame? Jimmy G or Garappolo

1. Jimmy G

6.4%
  2. Kyle Shanahan

48.6%
  3. Both deserve the blame

18.3%
  4. Niners defense

12.8%
  5. All of the above

13.8%
  1. supafly

supafly James White pays me for shoutouts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,631
    Florio wrote an article about the no-call personal foul penalty on the sidelines against JG with about 9:30 left in the game. If they make that call, SF gets a fresh set of downs and eats up another few minutes. I don’t know how bad it is because FOX never bothered to show the replay, but I thought that it was a penalty in real time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,112
    It was the same play as the extremely obvious offsides penalty. You can probably count on one finger the number of times and a d-lineman jumped over the line just before the snap and it wasn’t called this season. I mean, this is the realm of batsh1t crazy not to call that. Yes, it was impossible to tell whether JG got hit in bounds or out of bounds. It’s a black and white rule. Jonathan Jones just hammered Jared Goff in last year’s SB. If he’s oob first it’s a penalty. If his foot is three inches from the boundary but not touching it, it’s fair game.

The helmet to helmet on JG was another absurdly bad call, like “how could you possibly not see this???” Ref standing right there. JG got up after the play and the ref started with the “huh? I didn’t see it” talk, it appeared from body language. You didn’t see a helmet to helmet hit on a QB where the face masks smash into each other? Another one that gets called almost every time.

Chiefs problem is they are undisciplined. Letting the players play is BS here....the Chiefs got off the hook for basically every non-judgment call penalty. That’s not what “let them play” means.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  3. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,863
    There was another no-call where a SF receiver was clearly out of bounds and a KC defender delivered an obvious unnecessary hit after the play was over.

I don't think there was a pro-KC fix or anything I think it was that the refs desperately didn't want to be a part of the conversation after the game was over so they let a ton of extra-curricular **** go down. Still, that was complete BS and would have altered the game undeniably.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. supafly

supafly James White pays me for shoutouts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,631
    All of this talk is really helping me get over the half-cashed ticket that I had for SF, last night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Caretaker

Caretaker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +126
    Early in the 4th, they needed to keep Mahomes off the field, control the ball and run them down. Rushing game was fantastic for three quarters, at some point they converted 3 straight runs for 10+ yards between Mostert and Coleman... have no idea why they kept shootin with Jimmy later on, it looked desperate.
    Mahomes was also desperate on a couple of throws but well, nobody will remember that in a week, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,112
    Letting all of this go down, though (except for a very questionable OPI call against SF) was a huge advantage for KC. Their team is undisciplined so got away with loads of calls at critical times. A blatant false start, a blatant offsides, a helmet to helmet, an obvious holding call on a critical play, a late hit out of bounds (or two). Discipline is part of the game too.

The cherry on top was during the 49ers last gasp of the game, they whistled Garoppolo “in the grasp” and the ref just couldn’t wait to blow it dead. So, are they letting them play or not? That was a weak call. He still had the ball in his arm to throw a pass...have seen many QBs throw the ball despite being tackled like that. It’s about player safety, but they decided not flag a blatant helmet to helmet in Q4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +20,605
    -Jimmy G for missing a few lay-ups.

-Shanahan for neglecting the run up 20-10 in the 4th quarter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PP2

PP2 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,571
    In fairness, we can't really pin that on Mosley, he wasn't in man coverage. Salah deserves a big share of the blame for sticking to a zone scheme even when it wasn't working.

You just can't play zone against KC when you're trying to hold a lead. Mahomes is very good at feeling out where the holes are going to be.

This is why we had so many DB's. We were built to stop KC.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,614
    You mad, bro?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,176
    To summarize:

-10-10, 2nd quarter, 1:50 to go
    - you have 3 timeouts
    - you're receiving the ball to start the 2nd half and KC is punting with the clock running.

And you DON'T play to take advantage of that until 3rd and long with 9 seconds when all of a sudden you huck it way down field??????????

Forget about the 4th quarter.........Shanahan shouldn't have been allowed back on the sidelines for the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  11. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,597
    I blame Welker.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,112
    But the chances were that SF would be pinned back inside the 15 or maybe even near the goal line. If they’d known the punt would be a touch back, I’m sure they’d have played it differently. I thought they handled the clock okay there with what they could expect at the time. Calling a TO, getting the ball deep in your territory, and then going 3 and out would have been disastrous.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,176
    .....that wasn't all, though. They followed THAT by running two straight plays right into the line and bled over a minute more off the clock........

And then chucked it downfield on a play that would've picked up mega yards if not for a controversial OPI.

There was no rhyme or reason to anything in that sequence and shows pretty clearly that Shanahan was all over the place in deciding what to do.

Did I mention, they were also going to receive the kickoff at the start of the second half?

That's as close as it comes to playing with house money in a tie game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  14. Soul_Survivor88

Soul_Survivor88 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +14,834

Can't help but agree that Shanahan-Garoppolo isn't going to work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,112
    They are totally unsuited for each other. SF needs a robotic type of QB like Matt Ryan who is told exactly where to put the ball. Jimmy G. back in New England would be awesome...he would thrive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,112
    Seems the problem with Shanahan, McVeigh, LaFleur, the three guys with these revolutionary, and analytics-based approach, is that they handcuff the QB too much. The QB will at some point need to win the game for you and use his instincts.

Saw epic flameouts with Garoppolo, Goff, and Rodgers in these systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,872
    Can’t blame Shanahan for Garoppolo missing throws and reads pro QBs should make. Look at that game review posted earlier in the thread. He had many open guys at key moments and didn’t make the play. Kettle had multiple plays where he was wide open and on the game changing 3rd and 5 Jimmy G had a guy crossing wide open and threw the ball away. He was horrible down the stretch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Simpelton

Simpelton In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,831
    Patrick Mahomes.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,986
    I agree that this is exactly why Park Avenue is pimping Paddy Mahomies...but I disagree that he somehow has to automatically be described as Likable...because he actually isn't.

20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +29,112
    Everyone is likeable at first to the public. Even Curry went from the most universally popular to the most polarizing/hated player in the NBA.