I think Andy Reid used the Belichick playbook on edge rushers.
Let them blowout and try to win game in 4th quarter ... and it worked.
Where was Bosa in 4th quarter? He played great when he had gas.
Bosa was busy being held the whole game. Every Time I saw him. Fisher should of thanked those refs after the game. Those first 3 quarters they were holding onto him for dear life and its Hard to imagine he looked disruptive being held but he did. Oh well, they blew it.
Indeed, it was a bad call on Chris Jones, but it made up for the DPI/hold on Edelman on the exact same play (uncalled).There was a handle on the back of his jersey.
I already hate myself for this whiny, excuse-laden post and being “that guy” (and I feel like a caricature of a Pats hater), but here it goes...I can’t ignore what I’m seeing. I don’t consider the Chiefs a rival and like Reid and Mahomes. That said...
No one whines about it because the Patriots won, but go rewatch the 2018 AFCCG @ KC. Every time I watch it I am more amazed by the home cooking they had to overcome. In particular:
1. The absolutely horrendous pick play where Belichick smashes his tablet.
2. The mugging on the Dorsett touchdown before halftime (he caught it anyway)...however, it was almost as flag-able, as the Kelce Super Bowl PI. The defender didn’t turn around and ran into Dorsett before the ball got there. No flag.
3. Two absurd ticky tack penalties on JC Jackson, one which negated a Kelce turnover.
4. The constant, absurd mugging of Gronkowski, especially on the play where Berry flat out interfered with him and even Romo was like wtf?
5. Mahomes last pass in regulation was intentional grounding. He threw it away from the pocket and no one was in the area.
To show this isn’t a complete homer post, the refs did screw up one call in favor of the Pats:
1. It was the wrong call on Chris Jones for hitting Brady’s helmet. He didn’t. Very bad call.
2. They did get the all the replays correct. Hogan had one catch upheld and one overturned...Edelman did not touch the punt. Of course, those calls weren’t made by the on-field refs and instead from NY.
3. They did call Dee Ford offsides...of course, he was blatantly offsides.
I looked through about 5-6 game threads on some neutral team message boards. By and large they thought the reffing was a sham in favor of the Chiefs, despite hating the Patriots.
I don’t really believe in conspiracies, but combine that with the Chiefs-Pats regular season game this year (Kelce fumble that should have been a TD, Harry TD absurdly called oob) and the Super Bowl (have you ever seen blatant false starts, offsides, helmet to helmet on the QB missed??, blowing the whistle for “in the grasp”...lol)
Something to monitor....that’s all. I don’t believe in conspiracies, but this seems fishy. I’ve never complained about the Colts, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, really any other team, even ones I really hate and typically shut this stuff down immediately. I figure every team gets some bad calls for and against them. But the Chiefs have been so many bad calls in their favor so consistently it raises eyebrows.
It wasn't the right call on Chris Jones, but it made up for the DPI/hold on Edelman on the exact same play (uncalled).
There's even some host on CBS Sports Radio who's been going off on the calls favoring KC, Mahomes' fraudulent MVP award (compared it to Peyton's vs the Bears), etc. -- It's not coming across as whiny or hateful though. He lays everything out very reasonably, as you have.So am I a crazy, Chiefs hating conspiracist here? Or have others noticed an inordinate amount of calls for KC since Mahomes became QB?
How is Tyreke so wide open though...I read somewhere that they used Cover 3 on that play when in reality the right coverage there should've been Cover 2