PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which All-Pro FA comes to Pats for Ring run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of Isiah Crowell
BB was very complimentary of him this season.
Said he pry was running better then any back or something along those lines.

Why do we have to sign an All Pro?

we need a Corey Dillon type back to get the tough yards

Maybe I'm just overly-sensitive to the word "need," but do we really "need" one? I mean we just won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years without one. How essential is it?

I would "like" one, yes. I wouldn't say we "need" one though.

Maybe I'm just overly-sensitive to the word "need," but do we really "need" one? I mean we just won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years without one. How essential is it?

I would "like" one, yes. I wouldn't say we "need" one though.

I think that, as long as Brady's at the top and BB's the HC, a full 99.999999999999999999999999% of Patriots fans would say that "need" is actually "could really use", so we might as well view "need" with that understanding.

Thoughts on Crowell?
He posted a pretty disgusting picture in instagran (decapitating a police officer). He apologized and did whole lot of work to show he had learned his lesson.

In any case, he's only ok IMO. Not really a huge improvement over Blount

I think that, as long as Brady's at the top and BB's the HC, a full 99.999999999999999999999999% of Patriots fans would say that "need" is actually "could really use", so we might as well view "need" with that understanding.

If everything is a need, having a running back who can grind tough yards is probably pretty low on the list. It's like saying my espresso machine is a need, just like a roof over my head and food to eat.

I think there are positions that BB does prioritize. Obviously QB is significant, and not just because of Brady. BB has spent 2nd/3rd round picks on O'Connell, Mallett, Jimmy G, and now Brissett. He's mentioned before how he wanted to avoid what happened to the Colts when Manning got injured.

A dependable slot receiver and pass-catching running back also rank high on the "need" list. I think DL matters more than LB, and safeties seem to get a lot of attention too.

Apart from trading for Dillon, we haven't really invested much in that position. It worked out really well when we did, but in general, doesn't seem like a high priority position for us.

He posted a pretty disgusting picture in instagran (decapitating a police officer). He apologized and did whole lot of work to show he had learned his lesson.

In any case, he's only ok IMO. Not really a huge improvement over Blount
Forgot about that incident

kyle williams and mangold! :cool:

experiences vets looking for rings!:)

Not sure we automatically pass on anything. Every case is individual.
I think someone who whips a four year old till he has bloody welts is about as close to automatic as we're gonna get.

I think someone who whips a four year old till he has bloody welts is about as close to automatic as we're gonna get.
I think the patriots would consider him. I don't see anything in their history that would rule it out.

If history is any guide, likely one who has never been voted an all-pro... yet. (Okay, Dillon exception noted.)

That skill set could come in handy against the JEST...

Sorry too soon?

Can we get Hill on the Bengals at all?
Or maybe kick the tires on Latavius Murray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back