PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which All-Pro FA comes to Pats for Ring run

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodeislandpatsfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Who will be next year's Bennet, certainly there a few top guys who have accomplished everything except a Super Bowl ring?

Brandon Marshall WR - NY Jets. They need cap space so bad and cutting him frees up 7.5 million. I think he'd be the same as or a little better than Michael Floyd for one year. Floyd would be better on a longer term deal because he's so young.

Adrian Peterson RB - Minnesota Vikings. I bet he has one year left in the tank. If not, so long as he comes on a deal with incentives and per game bonuses, it would at least an interesting lottery ticket.

Brandon Marshall WR - NY Jets. They need cap space so bad and cutting him frees up 7.5 million. I think he'd be the same as or a little better than Michael Floyd for one year. Floyd would be better on a longer term deal because he's so young.

Adrian Peterson RB - Minnesota Vikings. I bet he has one year left in the tank. If not, so long as he comes on a deal with incentives and per game bonuses, it would at least an interesting lottery ticket.

Question on Peterson?

I know he's the greatest RB of this generation, but if we automatically pass on guys that have been charged with domestic violence, shouldn't we automatically pass on a guy that beat the crap out of his 4 year old son? He was suspended a full year for it too.

No way on Marshall. He is the opposite of the types of guys we bring in.

Love the Peterson idea.
Imagine we spread the field 3wide plus gronk and AP at RB.
You have to either go light in the box to defend the pass or worry about the run and get destroyed by the pass.
We have done this in the past, mostly with Lewis and Woodhead and they gave lots of room to run (especially on the shotgun draw). Peterson would either kill it in that scheme or be a great decoy.

Can Peterson even play still?

Question on Peterson?

I know he's the greatest RB of this generation, but if we automatically pass on guys that have been charged with domestic violence, shouldn't we automatically pass on a guy that beat the crap out of his 4 year old son? He was suspended a full year for it too.
Not sure we automatically pass on anything. Every case is individual.

Jamaal Charles, Kyle Williams, Julius Pepers

Kyle Williams (DT)

Yep

Larry Fitzgerald :confused:

Yep

Jamal Charles

Yep

Brandon Meriweather.

Please no. He could take out half of the DBs on our team with his cheap Helmet Hits Gone Wild type of plays.

I don't like Marshall at all, on or off the field.

Same for Peterson.

Not All Pro, but that DeSean Jackson rumour was weird to me. There's no way BB would pursue him based on our depth, but I wonder if he wants to come here. He's getting close to the end of the career, hasn't been close to a ring. I wonder if the smoke is coming from his camp.

I would like Calais Campbell. If the Cardinals franchise Chandler Jones, they're going to be tight against the cap and I don't think they can offer Campbell much. I could see BB giving him a pretty good deal too.

Calais Campbell and I think he will have a huge impact. The Pats need some DL help and he will solve that.

If I am the Pats I do very little on offense. If the Pats sign the big name FA it comes on defense.

The only thing I think worth doing on offense are signing Floyd, a TE and maybe an IOL. I don't over invest in a RB or WR. Floyd if they elect to sign him will be cheap and any IOL guy they sign will probably not break the bank. A TE could be somewhat costly but no more than 5M if they get anyone besides Bennett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes