Where's the "rewatch thread"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BTW- Where is the rewatch thread?

I do my part to get the discussion going right after the game, BUT the REAL football talk doesn't get going until we start the "rewatch thread"

This has been the first chance I've had to do more than a cursory glance at the site this week and I MISS the best thread of the week.

Here's a mini-re-watch:

DelayedTightGreathornedowl-max-1mb.gif

In last week's rewatch thread, luuked said he'd be taking a break after getting overly worked up over a disagreement in the thread. I presume that's why he hasn't started a rewatch thread. Anyone else could start one.

In last week's rewatch thread, luuked said he'd be taking a break after getting overly worked up over a disagreement in the thread. I presume that's why he hasn't started a rewatch thread. Anyone else could start one.

Bingo.

After getting in an argument over the Brady floater to Develin last week I am taking a break from it until after the BYE. Anyone else feel free to run it from now on. Once I feel like investing time into this again I will contribute but don't want to run that show anymore.

Bingo.

After getting in an argument over the Brady floater to Develin last week I am taking a break from it until after the BYE. Anyone else feel free to run it from now on. Once I feel like investing time into this again I will contribute but don't want to run that show anymore.

Mea culpa. I hope I didn't come off too harsh. I do look forward to your contributions.

Mea culpa. I hope I didn't come off too harsh. I do look forward to your contributions.

Not at all. You made a great point and it made me wonder if I was just getting too biased and too deeply invested in a lot of what "I am seeing" (and the confirmation from some of the Twitter folks). So taking a step back from that was just the right thing to do.

To be fair, it should just be a thread of BGC and others breaking down their own observations and anyone that wants to pull the film and make observations of their own. Otherwise, it's just a thread of people copying and pasting Twitter links that anyone can look up without much of a purpose to it outside of that. And I'm not intending that in a harsh way. It's just an observation. The thread gets so much better when the posters here put together their own film of the games.

To be fair, it should just be a thread of BGC and others breaking down their own observations and anyone that wants to pull the film and make observations of their own. Otherwise, it's just a thread of people copying and pasting Twitter links that anyone can look up without much of a purpose to it outside of that. And I'm not intending that in a harsh way. It's just an observation. The thread gets so much better when the posters here put together their own film of the games.
Gone try to get on some GB stuff too so will post it if I can after work.

I do like folks copying/pasting twitter tweets though...just so I don't have to visit twitter...

Yes, I like to be spoon fed my Pats news!

============

@luuked , no worries man....I can always go over and look at Lazar's twitter feed....

No it should not be just armchair people like us or BGC posting their amateur stuff but also include the people that actually get really paid to do that like Lazar, Baldinger or Chatham. That is how it was conceived back last season and I don't see any reason to change it's "archive" function just because you disagree with what experts say or think its lazy that links to their work get posted.

Most of the time a Lazar/Baldinger link is posted there is also a paragraph posted that gives a rationale or a point why that specific link is relevant. That can be what the expert said or just some minor point (e.g. positioning of a player, how a motion cleared space..) in the A22 clip that was posted.

The main idea behind those posts is to not only to foster communication and education about X&Os so anyone on this board can come in and ask questions but also to serve as an archive of sorts.

And finally and maybe most importantly the stuff posted by Lazar & co is accessible to everyone whereas you can't expect everyone to have access to A22 and enough time to make their own gifs.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all.

No it should not be just armchair people like us or BGC posting their amateur stuff but also include the people that actually get really paid to do that like Lazar, Baldinger or Chatham. That is how it was conceived back last season and I don't see any reason to change it's "archive" function just because you disagree with what experts say or think its lazy that links to their work get posted.

Most of the time a Lazar/Baldinger link is posted there is also a paragraph posted that gives a rationale or a point why that specific link is relevant. That can be what the expert said or just some minor point (e.g. positioning of a player, how a motion cleared space..) in the A22 clip that was posted.

The main idea behind those posts is to not only to foster communication and education about X&Os so anyone on this board can come in and ask questions but also to serve as an archive of sorts.

And finally and maybe most importantly the stuff posted by Lazar & co is accessible to everyone whereas you can't expect everyone to have access to A22 and enough time to make their own gifs.

Sorry but I don't agree with this at all.

It's not that I don't agree with them. I do agree with them some of the time. Other times, they're wrong and it's plain as day. Particularly with Lazar. But just simply posting Twitter links without any sort of discourse or observations of your own short of "yeah, that's what I saw too" (no, it wasn't) is next to useless at least IMO. BGC, PP, and even Andy at times go into more depth about what those links share. That's what I'm looking for on here. If I want their breakdowns with no analysis, I can go to Twitter. The more original thought the thread has, the better. Furthermore, most of us, I would assume, have played the game before at a level higher than pee-wee. This god-like worship for these guys and coaches is a little ridiculous. Football on an X&O basis is not that hard to break down. Hell, COACHING football is not that difficult if you're willing to put in the ridiculous hours. That's why the Brad Childresses and Rex Ryans of the NFL constantly find themselves employed.

Bingo.

What is this, a self imposed punishment?

It's not that I don't agree with them. I do agree with them some of the time. Other times, they're wrong and it's plain as day. Particularly with Lazar. But just simply posting Twitter links without any sort of discourse or observations of your own short of "yeah, that's what I saw too" (no, it wasn't) is next to useless at least IMO. BGC, PP, and even Andy at times go into more depth about what those links share. That's what I'm looking for on here. If I want their breakdowns with no analysis, I can go to Twitter. The more original thought the thread has, the better. Furthermore, most of us, I would assume, have played the game before at a level higher than pee-wee. This god-like worship for these guys and coaches is a little ridiculous. Football on an X&O basis is not that hard to break down. Hell, COACHING football is not that difficult if you're willing to put in the ridiculous hours. That's why the Brad Childresses and Rex Ryans of the NFL constantly find themselves employed.

I agree that they should not be posted without additional context. That being said if someone just writes a short paragraph on why he thought the point raised by that tweet is interesting or relevant than this already counts as original thought for me.

I think BGC, PP, Andy, reamer, maineman or you are on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to football discussion. Meaning you guys see something and understand details that are hidden to most of the other posters here. Hell how many here do you think know what nickel is and can identify it in real time ?

Quite honestly while I have a lot of respect for BGC's knowledge and insight his tweets and stuff is often way too complicated for the average poster to understand. What is a Twist or a rip move ? What does stemming mean ?

If we keep away the mainstream posts from Lazar or Baldinger then you will at some point lose a lot of the average audience for who those threads were made in the first place. I don't want to speak for everyone from the "OG crew" but I always felt those threads were more about raising the awareness of posters on the board than anything else.

I agree that they should not be posted without additional context. That being said if someone just writes a short paragraph on why he thought the point raised by that tweet is interesting or relevant than this already counts as original thought for me.

I think BGC, PP, Andy, reamer, maineman or you are on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to football discussion. Meaning you guys see something and understand details that are hidden to most of the other posters here. Hell how many here do you think know what nickel is and can identify it in real time ?

Quite honestly while I have a lot of respect for BGC's knowledge and insight his tweets and stuff is often way too complicated for the average poster to understand. What is a Twist or a rip move ? What does stemming mean ?

If we keep away the mainstream posts from Lazar or Baldinger then you will at some point lose a lot of the average audience for who those threads were made in the first place. I don't want to speak for everyone from the "OG crew" but I always felt those threads were more about raising the awareness of posters on the board than anything else.

Twist = a stunt. Rip move = punching the OL's chest, pushing with one hand, and pulling with the other to knock his man off balance. They're all terms you can probably Google if you need to. But that's fine. I'm not advocating for a full on ban of those links. I'm just saying that I prefer more of the meat and bones that posters like BGC and PP give us. Just a preference of mine. I also appreciate the links by guys like Lazar, Baldy, and Chatham but they aren't by any means infallible and if those links are posted, I would prefer that actual analysis follows them by the poster. That way, everyone learns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back