PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do you get this calculation?

last 4 games

week 13 buff 21/30 258 0 td 1 int
week 14 mia 24/43 233 1 td 2 int
week 15 pitt 22/35 298 1 td 1 int
week 16 buff 21/28 224 2 td 1 int

total 88/136 1013 4 td 5 int

passer rating 81.53

NFL Passer Rating Calculator | Pro-Football-Reference.com

maybe i am wrong here

what say you @Joker @Jackson 2
@IcyPatriot
@supafly
@IllegalContact
@KontradictioN
what me say is this: tgif, since I haven't had a beer since christmas day...

what me say is this: tgif, since I haven't had a beer since christmas day...
arent you kinda old to be drinking?

my problem is 1 only wets my appetite for 7 more.....

but the daily walk is good for you.....

i wish i had a good "nature" area to walk close by

Even with Edelman having been gone all season, Brady is currently completing 67.5% of his passes, which is the second highest percentage in the league. That is .1% higher than last season, and the second highest completion percentage of his career. Even during the last 4 games, a stretch that includes the Miami stinker, he's completing 64.1% of his passes.

In other words, even during this oh-so-horrible-and-inconsistent 4 game stretch, Tom Brady's completion percentage would be good enough for top 12 in the league, just .1% lower then Roethlisberger. So to claim that Brady's been "very inconsistent not only with his accuracy but with his decision making" is just ridiculously poor analysis.
Everyone in the real world acknowledges Brady has not been sharp over the past 4 weeks, making poor throws, bad decisions etc but not here in Patriot fantasy camp. :D Deus you keep rolling out these meaningless stats and I'll keep watching the games and commenting on what's really going on.

Everyone in the real world acknowledges Brady has not been sharp over the past 4 weeks, making poor throws, bad decisions etc but not here in Patriot fantasy camp. :D Deus you keep rolling out these meaningless stats and I'll keep watching the games and commenting on what's really going on.
Post of the week award!!!!!

bravo.......your courage is duly noted......most people are terrified of deus

One can be a fan of brady.....acknowledge his historical greatness......and still be honest when he is less than optimal

The man completed SEVENTY FIVE percent of his passes in the Bills game and all some people want to do is focus on the ONE pass that sucked. In the end he threw 3 bad balls all game.

BTW- By accident I have come to realize that for some unknown reason I have the NFL Network. Well between occasional visits to ESPN, and the Gameday peaks with the Networks, it seems to me that the mediots are making a concerted effort toward an "anyone but Brady" scenario, with new MVP candidates being trotted out every week. The latest being Todd Gurley, who isn't even as good as Lev Bell, but IS having a very good year, but he (imho) doesn't have the same impact as Brady.

In the end this is a very minor irritation. Its on par to the coach of the year award, which is really the most improved/surprising team award. I pretty sure Bill doesn't give a crap about the COY award and more than Brady cares about being the MVP. Nice if it happens, but who cares if you don't win it all.

What's happening is kind of unfair, but the reality of it is that only the fans will be pissed if they steal another MVP award from him. But if they do it, I'd rather see it go to Wentz than Gurley
Is that why Paul Perillo (who works for the Patriots) said earlier this week that the running game is what made the difference in the 2nd half against Buffalo because Brady wasn't sharp and they went run. Stop embarrassing yourself statman.

You do what you have to do. On a percentage basis, there's probably nobody on this site that is wrong more often than you.

And, for the record, I haven't said that Brady's been awesome, or anything on that sort of level. I've said that he's been fine, which he has.

Last edited:
Is that why Paul Perillo (who works for the Patriots) said earlier this week that the running game is what made the difference in the 2nd half against Buffalo because Brady wasn't sharp and they went run. Stop embarrassing yourself statman.

Brady went 8-8 after the INT. "Wasn't sharp"... lol. And this was without White and Burkhead on offense, both of which are very much security blankets for Brady against the rush.

Brady was 8 for 8 in the second half of the game. If you're looking for embarrassment, you can just check your mirror.

I think it was 9 for 9.
and quoting Paul Perillo who works for Patriots Football Weekly is like quoting any of the chicken littles from this board, except the people here are far more intelligent

hopefully brady improves his level of play the next few weeks and silly threads like this become inconsequential

i think jimmy g's success will light a fire under him

arent you kinda old to be drinking?

my problem is 1 only wets my appetite for 7 more.....

but the daily walk is good for you.....

i wish i had a good "nature" area to walk close by
LOL, too old to be drinking? In Massachusetts one only has to be 21. I'm past that. I walk every day, but I also run. I do 7 miles each day, alternating one mile walking then one mile running, etc. What about you?

LOL, too old to be drinking? In Massachusetts one only has to be 21. I'm past that. I walk every day, but I also run. I do 7 miles each day, alternating one mile walking then one mile running, etc. What about you?
i like to walk more for relaxation than exercise.....also helps my mind wander freely

exercise is weights and either treadmill or basketball

Because Perillo has the same delusion as the rest of us that Brady has to be perfect to reach the "bar" that has been set for him. The same one that I evidently set for him, because we continue to ignore the FACT that he competed 75% of his passes in this game. That's SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT!!!!! And STILL the prevailing perception is that Brady had a shaky game because he missed on 3 of his pass attempts.

Compare that to JG, who is being literally deified by everyone for his play and when you look at his stats he has 4 TD and THREE picks. Imagine if Brady had that line. :eek: Now don't get me wrong, what JG is doing in SF is worthy of the praise he is getting. I only use this as an example of how different the perceptions are in this case. How different the "bar" is./

Citing Paul Perillo as an authority does not help your case.

Brady has been off...the INT’s are obvious but not really what I mean. It’s actually been the unusual number of errant throws, and even more that he is missing open receivers in progressions. Of course, every QB does that, but Brady historically hasn’t. My simple hypothesis is that he got knocked around so much mid-season, that his internal play-clock sped up a bit and he has rushed a few decisions. Still like our chances with old man 12 under center.

His December performance has declined. Hurley, hardly an alarmist, makes a sobering argument.

His December performance has declined. Hurley, hardly an alarmist, makes a sobering argument.

I do think Tom is banged up a bit. Maybe he is a little mentally fatigued.

Lets hope he gets some rest on Sunday when the game is in hand and heals up a little during the bye week

I never state any opinions without checking with Paul Perillo first. Did Prillo give the running game credit for 75% passing? How exactly does that work?

hopefully brady improves his level of play the next few weeks and silly threads like this become inconsequential

i think jimmy g's success will light a fire under him
You're a troll/fan of a different team/media member (yeah I mean a "****") what else could you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back