PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one is taking almost all of Miami and parts of Buff/Steelers games then Brady has been off. For example last game he was "off" in tangible part of the first half.
He completed 75% of his passes for over 8 ypa, our up 37 points and they punted once, scored 4 TDs and 3 fgs in 9 drives.

But IMHO it's unfair to look at only pieces of a game. The final of each game is the fair rating. Brady having a bad series or quarter or bad half (or any QB having a bad series-quarter-half), or even not putting that pass right in stride, is not going to be unheard of in any year. Most of us (me included) will recall past years of Brady with almost nothing but the good things, however, having those bad series or quarters (or a bad game or two during the season) is far from unheard of. It's an impossible standard, even for the best, to think that there won't be bad passes or decisions on some series, even a series of series, even a game.
He had one bad game.

With that said my hunch is something has Brady a bit off from a general perspective.
It did in Miami, his one bad game. Probably had something to do with no Gronk and a one armed wr playing 60 snaps.

[quite]And if I had to guess I would say something in his personal life going on (again that is completely and totally just a hunch. I haven't noticed any mechanics issue to suggest a nagging injury that is eating away at him). IF that is the case hopefully someone isn't gravely ill.[/quote]
Stop. This crap is ridiculous. Let’s just make **** up. He had a bad game because he found out his wife is banging the pool boy.

The good news from a football perspective, he has the intense fire to want to succeed which will much more often than not see him lead the Patriots to victory when 60 mins is up. For the game what the scoreboard reads is all that matters. Maybe he plays mediocre for a span but if the score is 17 to 17 late in the third and he then puts together two TD drives to seal the victory? That's what a top winning QB does.
And I'd tell all of PF to be prepared to see a 17 to 17 or even a one score deficit late in the third or early fourth in the upcoming SB run. What Brady and the Patriots do in the fourth quarter of a game like that is how champions are made...
The good news is he is the GOAT and the GORN greatest of right now.

Stop. This crap is ridiculous. Let’s just make **** up. He had a bad game because he found out his wife is banging the pool boy.

AJ, this is a football posting forum. Posters such as me will provide guesses and hunches. If I say the Patriots will beat the Jets by 25 or KVN will definitely be back next week that ultimately is also "making **** up".

I never claimed anything as a fact about what Brady's general demeanor definitely is or what is making it such. I made it crystal clear this is my hunch and posted it on the exact forum for it and the exact thread for it. No offense but it ain't likely I will "stop" "this crap" that is "ridiculous". Switch to decaf brother.

Fyi, I believe Brady had 18 attempts for 119 yards, 6.61 YPA, 1 TD, 1 Int, 2 for 5 on 3rd down, in the first half of the Buff game. You are free to call that what you want, I call that not good for Brady. But as you'll see in the remaining part of my made up ****, I call Brady's Buff game good because the whole game is how to fairly judge a performance (a point I also made crystal clear).

I was THERE. He looked like shyt the first half. They went no huddle in the 3rd and that seemed to refocus Brady as he went 9 for 9. The INT he threw in the first half didn't bother me even though they scored on it. It was the passes he sailed long and the easy toss to Gronk over the middle wide open that he missed by 5 feet. THAT was disconcerting. Brady also had this pi$$ed off pout on his face when the team first hit the field. I couldn't tell if he was sick or jerked off but it wasn't normal Brady face...FWIW.

Early on, eh? My post was about Tom throwing picks in week 13-16. I'm not sure that qualifies as early, unless the entire regular season is just prelude.

Not everything is about you.

I was THERE. He looked like shyt the first half. They went no huddle in the 3rd and that seemed to refocus Brady as he went 9 for 9. The INT he threw in the first half didn't bother me even though they scored on it. It was the passes he sailed long and the easy toss to Gronk over the middle wide open that he missed by 5 feet. THAT was disconcerting. Brady also had this pi$$ed off pout on his face when the team first hit the field. I couldn't tell if he was sick or jerked off but it wasn't normal Brady face...FWIW.
same face as the Denver AFCCG, and Chiefs and Dolphins game this year. pretty odd

AJ, this is a football posting forum. Posters such as me will provide guesses and hunches. If I say the Patriots will beat the Jets by 25 or KVN will definitely be back next week that ultimately is also "making **** up".

I never claimed anything as a fact about what Brady's general demeanor definitely is or what is making it such. I made it crystal clear this is my hunch and posted it on the exact forum for it and the exact thread for it. No offense but it ain't likely I will "stop" "this crap" that is "ridiculous". Switch to decaf brother.

Fyi, I believe Brady had 18 attempts for 119 yards, 6.61 YPA, 1 TD, 1 Int, 2 for 5 on 3rd down, in the first half of the Buff game. You are free to call that what you want, I call that not good for Brady. But as you'll see in the remaining part of my made up ****, I call Brady's Buff game good because the whole game is how to fairly judge a performance (a point I also made crystal clear).
Put your seatbelt on, my brother. You’re about to head down what’s known to many of us as “the road that leads to nowhere.”

When did I claim it was?

And yet, you feel the need to make it about me with insults and insinuations. Hmm.

Can you lay off your paranoid hat for a second here ?

You quoted a post of mine that was about the state of the media, fans and board members in general and made it about yourself. From the context it should have been obvious that none of this was about your Brady post.

Hey man, I'm just proud that telling it like it is gets considered infamous. I couldn't believe my thread was still near the top of the forum days later and all because people valued my contributions.

What a load of sh.t. You simply joined the long list of dipsh.ts that crapped on Brady only to look like a total moron for doing so.

Hey man, I'm just proud that telling it like it is gets considered infamous. I couldn't believe my thread was still near the top of the forum days later and all because people valued my contributions.

Ha ha. Or because mocking trolls is fun, like wacking moles. The only value your thread has is to remind me how many bandwagon fans we have who think being the greatest QB of all time is easy.

Yes it’s a FOOTBALL forum. Making up a family illness out of nowhere and sugggesting someone is gravely ill is stupid. Should we suggest maybe his dog got run over by a car?

Ok keep being stupid if you like. That’s up to you.

Football is 60 minutes. It’s ludicrous to me that we have the GOAT having an mvp season and his own fans are trying to tear him down now resorting to a good not great HALF in a good game to perpetuate the something is wrong myth. It’s quite honestly pathetic but if that’s the road you want to drive down it’s hopeless to respond to you. Have a great new year.

Put your seatbelt on, my brother. You’re about to head down what’s known to many of us as “the road that leads to nowhere.”
Troll

Fyi, I believe Brady had 18 attempts for 119 yards, 6.61 YPA, 1 TD, 1 Int, 2 for 5 on 3rd down, in the first half of the Buff game.

So your hunch is that he is playing bad because of a grave illness but then suddenly after halftime he had a 100% completion rate and moved up and down the field without any issues ?

What happened ? Did someone put a red cap on the alleged ill person to MAKE HIM/HER GREAT AGAIN and it magically healed that sickness so Brady could focus again ?

Or maybe was it because of the Pats offense adjusting to what Buffalo was doing and then just carving them up like they do so often ?

To me all what is going on is pretty obvious. When teams play man coverage and bump and fight our receivers to get the route timings off you need players that can fight through this consistently. With Gronk often in blocking/chipping duty or double covered and Edelman on IR they are missing a second player who can do just that consistently.

As soon as the opponents go to zone to give their DBs some rest or to mix things up you see Brady carve them up decisively looking as good as he ever did. Similarly, once the Pats figure out a weak link or a matchup they like and Brady can somewhat play off that it is also an easy game for him.

Until then they are using their RBs more which results in fewer passing yards and TDs for Brady but still gives us the points to win games.

Honestly, his play reminds me of the 2014 playoff run: great play with a few horrible WTF passes.

The INT in the 2014 divisional vs. the Ravens was one of the most off target Brady passes I can remember. Gronk was open for a 60+ yard TD & he underthrew it right to the Ravens LB.

The redzone INT in SB49 was one of the worst Brady decisions we’ve seen. He got pressured by Bennett & completely chucked a prayer in the endzone right to Lane. The 2nd INT wasn’t pretty either.

===================

Oversimplified look at the 4 game “slump”:

1. One non-call PI from 100+ passer rating game vs. Buffalo.

2. No Gronk + No Edelman = offensive disaster. This theory has been proven the last few years.

3. One WTF decision from 100+ passer rating game vs. Pittsburgh.

4. One WTF decision from 120+ passer rating vs. Buffalo.

The Pats PPG of the three games with Gronk is 29 PPG, right in line with the season average.

Why is Brady throwing 1 uncharacteristically bad pass/decision a game recently? Beats me. He’s done it before even in legendary games.

There was a little stretch there where he missed a few passes and I thought he might have had a finger injury or something like that. Then he was accurate for many throws in a row during that same game, which leads me to believe he's physically fine. My thinking is that even Brady at his best will have a short run of bad throwing results once in awhile. The only reason it stands out at all is how rare those bad results are.

FWIW since the bye NE is averaging 30.8ppg so they aren't hurting THAT bad

I would agree Tom has not been "Tom" but I don't think it's one thing (achilles, hand, missing players, etc)

Honestly, his play reminds me of the 2014 playoff run: great play with a few horrible WTF passes.

The INT in the 2014 divisional vs. the Ravens was one of the most off target Brady passes I can remember. Gronk was open for a 60+ yard TD & he underthrew it right to the Ravens LB.

The redzone INT in SB49 was one of the worst Brady decisions we’ve seen. He got pressured by Bennett & completely chucked a prayer in the endzone right to Lane. The 2nd INT wasn’t pretty either.

===================

Oversimplified look at the 4 game “slump”:

1. One non-call PI from 100+ passer rating game vs. Buffalo.

2. No Gronk + No Edelman = offensive disaster. This theory has been proven the last few years.

3. One WTF decision from 100+ passer rating game vs. Pittsburgh.

4. One WTF decision from 120+ passer rating vs. Buffalo.

The Pats PPG of the three games with Gronk is 29 PPG, right in line with the season average.

Why is Brady throwing 1 uncharacteristically bad pass/decision a game recently? Beats me. He’s done it before even in legendary games.

I really should have realized this this guy was a troll much earlier on.

There is nothing "wrong" with Tom Brady.

All I think we can say for sure is that he has had a 2017 season that puts him on any reasonable short list of candidates for League MVP, that, while his stats have been off in December, he's still come through with big drives in big games and that the Patriots organization has given him a major vote of confidence by trading Garoppolo, who seems to be what some of us thought he might be.

Unless there is an injury of which we are not aware or any other negative factor of which we are not aware, I expect Brady to lead the Pats to victory over the NFC Champion on the first Sunday of February in Minnesota.

Beyond that, the future will be what it will be.

Just for perspective:

Brady has to throw 2 more INT's to have a season with double digits INT's which would be the first time in 5 years he's done that.

For comparison, Peyton Manning had only ONE season where he had less than 10 INT's on the season. Yet many consider him the greatest ever. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft