PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking out of your ass. Deal with it.

Since week 13 Brady has thrown 4tds and 5ints, I'm sorry if numbers are difficult for you but they say he's not playing well.

Since week 13 Brady has thrown 4tds and 5ints, I'm sorry if numbers are difficult for you but they say he's not playing well.
He is also the QBs of the offenses that is ranked
1 in total yards
3 in points
1 in first downs
1 in passing yards (despite 7 in pass attempts)
2 in turnovers 3 in ints (wait I keep hearing he makes a lot of bad decisions???)
3 in passing TDs plus 6 in rushing TDs
1 in scoring %
1 in plays per drive
1 in yards per drive
1 in points per drive
Despite being 14 in average drive start fp

Can someone please point out the stat that exists that says he shouldn’t be the mvp, and should even be unanimous

He is also the QBs of the offenses that is ranked
1 in total yards
3 in points
1 in first downs
1 in passing yards (despite 7 in pass attempts)
2 in turnovers 3 in ints (wait I keep hearing he makes a lot of bad decisions???)
3 in passing TDs plus 6 in rushing TDs
1 in scoring %
1 in plays per drive
1 in yards per drive
1 in points per drive
Despite being 14 in average drive start fp

Can someone please point out the stat that exists that says he shouldn’t be the mvp, and should even be unanimous
best TE of all time is relatively healthy.....and in his prime

Gronk for MVP!!!!

dion lewis has been amazing as well

Aside from ONE BAD GAME his numbers the last 5 weeks are
82-121. 67.8%
1007. 8.32 ypa
7. TD Team scores 30.5 ppg
4. Int. Ignore the one that was clear dpi and in garbage time any way and this number is fine.

These are very good numbers and 4 wins surrounding 1 bad game.
Brady had one bad game.
And it was with Gronk suspended and hogan playing almost every snap with one arm.

best TE of all time is relatively healthy.....and in his prime

Gronk for MVP!!!!

dion lewis has been amazing as well
Don’t you have a message board somewhere to post on that covers a topic you know something about?

Don’t you have a message board somewhere to post on that covers a topic you know something about?
you dont think that the dominance of Gronk has been a huge help to brady?

you dont think that healthy Gronk is the GOAT TE?

I think many of us are taking some of these numbers with a grain of salt though, due to many of the other variables that we’ve been discussing. The stats are just one piece of the puzzle.

you dont think that the dominance of Gronk has been a huge help to brady?

you dont think that healthy Gronk is the GOAT TE?
Gronk is the GOAT TE. Gronk is not the mvp and it’s not even debatable.

I think many of us are taking some of these numbers with a grain of salt though, due to many of the other variables that we’ve been discussing. The stats are just one piece of the puzzle.

I don't use salt...

BTW...somebody asked me "what's wrong with Supafly?" just last week...I told him "he's still breathin'...".

Never liked that guy...:mad:

i respect your opinion

the other poster gave reasons he thought brady was not playing great by his standards

you said to look at the superb stats for the offense

i thought that the recent dominant play of Gronk might be a confounding variable

my opinion is that it is a reasonable point.....certainly debatable

and i think the eye test bears it out from recent weeks.....

I'm sorry if you're fool enough to think that the only measurement of how a QB is playing is his TD/INT ratio. I hope that's not the case, and that you're just making really silly and incomplete arguments because you keep hitting the delete key by mistake, and erroneously discarding the information that would actually make your case for you.

What I find interesting is, since the Philly QB went down that the Rams RB is now the sports media darling to take the MVP. What I see is open hostility directed at Brady by the likes of the Rob Parkers and Steven A. Smiffs of the media landscape.

i respect your opinion

the other poster gave reasons he thought brady was not playing great by his standards

you said to look at the superb stats for the offense

i thought that the recent dominant play of Gronk might be a confounding variable

my opinion is that it is a reasonable point.....certainly debatable

and i think the eye test bears it out from recent weeks.....
Brady had one bad game.
Brady produces more than 4 times the passing offense that Gronk does.
A great TE just doesn’t have anywhere near the value of a great QB.

What I find interesting is, since the Philly QB went down that the Rams RB is now the sports media darling to take the MVP. What I see is open hostility directed at Brady by the likes of the Rob Parkers and Steven A. Smiffs of the media landscape.
They need something to talk about.
Brady is a lock for mvp.

Brady had one bad game.
Brady produces more than 4 times the passing offense that Gronk does.
A great TE just doesn’t have anywhere near the value of a great QB.
fair enough....good point....certainly can't deny your last assertion

If one is taking almost all of Miami and parts of Buff/Steelers games then Brady has been off. For example last game he was "off" in tangible part of the first half. But IMHO it's unfair to look at only pieces of a game. The final of each game is the fair rating. Brady having a bad series or quarter or bad half (or any QB having a bad series-quarter-half), or even not putting that pass right in stride, is not going to be unheard of in any year. Most of us (me included) will recall past years of Brady with almost nothing but the good things, however, having those bad series or quarters (or a bad game or two during the season) is far from unheard of. It's an impossible standard, even for the best, to think that there won't be bad passes or decisions on some series, even a series of series, even a game.

With that said my hunch is something has Brady a bit off from a general perspective. And if I had to guess I would say something in his personal life going on (again that is completely and totally just a hunch. I haven't noticed any mechanics issue to suggest a nagging injury that is eating away at him). IF that is the case hopefully someone isn't gravely ill. The good news from a football perspective, he has the intense fire to want to succeed which will much more often than not see him lead the Patriots to victory when 60 mins is up. For the game what the scoreboard reads is all that matters. Maybe he plays mediocre for a span but if the score is 17 to 17 late in the third and he then puts together two TD drives to seal the victory? That's what a top winning QB does.
And I'd tell all of PF to be prepared to see a 17 to 17 or even a one score deficit late in the third or early fourth in the upcoming SB run. What Brady and the Patriots do in the fourth quarter of a game like that is how champions are made...

It's Wentz Brown Gurley v. Brady, and our hopping excitedly from one option to the next in the very moment following an injury to a Brady opposition candidate shows that we're honest brokers who aren't just looking for attention or excuses to avoid giving the award to Brady!

So the possible explanations for the apparent decrease in Brady's performance that have been propounded in this thread are:

(1) There is no decrease in performance.

(2) The decrease in performance is due to key OL and receivers being injured.

(3) The decrease in performance is due to mistakes by Brady's receivers;

(4) Brady is injured.

(5) Brady is the MVP.

So the possible explanations for the apparent decrease in Brady's performance that have been propounded in this thread are:

(1) There is no decrease in performance.

(2) The decrease in performance is due to key OL and receivers being injured.

(3) The decrease in performance is due to mistakes by Brady's receivers;

(4) Brady is injured.

(5) Brady is the MVP.
Or the correct one; he had one bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST