PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What BB’s Plan at QB Is

One day, someone's going to have to explain the Trubisky love to me. Goff must be so jealous...

One day, someone's going to have to explain the Trubisky love to me. Goff must be so jealous...
He’s perceived as the least terrible of a very weak group of definitely available qb’s.

A contract with a small base and tons of incentives would work.
I'm gonna go back and watch some old games of his, but so far a few of the games i watched he looked solid. Needs to not take so many chances with the ball. But that can be coached out of him, I hope.

Have you watched much of him? I watched two games and was not blown away, but I was excited by his potential. What do you see as his negatives?

Have you watched much of him? I watched two games and was not blown away, but I was excited by his potential. What do you see as his negatives?

Ad bad as trubisky is, he beats the pants off of newton!

He’s perceived as the least terrible of a very weak group of definitely available qb’s.
But he's terrible.

I think his sucking is a negative. He's been a worse QB than Goff. Would people here want Goff?

Trubisky's now been in the league for 4 seasons. In that 4 season stretch, Fitzpicksix has been a better QB, and the numbers reflect that.

Jared Goff Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Ryan Fitzpatrick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Mitchell Trubisky Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That's why I'm trying to figure it out. I mean, if people are just thinking they see something I'm not seeing, that happens with players. But, if it's about actual play, or the fact that the kid happened to be a top pick years back, that sort of thing doesn't really hold water.

But he's terrible.

I think his sucking is a negative. He's been a worse QB than Goff. Would people here want Goff?

Trubisky's now been in the league for 4 seasons. In that 4 season stretch, Fitzpicksix has been a better QB, and the numbers reflect that.

Jared Goff Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Ryan Fitzpatrick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Mitchell Trubisky Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That's why I'm trying to figure it out. I mean, if people are just thinking they see something I'm not seeing, that happens with players. But, if it's about actual play, or the fact that the kid happened to be a top pick years back, that sort of thing doesn't really hold water.

if statistics lie in any sport, it is football.

when trubisky has a good offensive line, his play is slightly before average.

when trubisky has a decent offensive line, his play is below average.

when trubisky has a weak offensive line, his play is awful. Like darnold awful!

I think our offensive line is exceptional, when they are healthy. Would trubisky’s play be average or better behind our offensive line?

only bb can answer that question!

if statistics lie in any sport, it is football.

when trubisky has a good offensive line, his play is slightly before average.

when trubisky has a decent offensive line, his play is below average.

when trubisky has a weak offensive line, his play is awful. Like darnold awful!

I think our offensive line is exceptional, when they are healthy. Would trubisky’s play be average or better behind our offensive line?

only bb can answer that question!
But how long would it take him to learn the Patriots system? Are we just going to swap out QBs that didn't work out for other teams every year until we find one that gets the complicated NEP system? Idk

But how long would it take him to learn the Patriots system? Are we just going to swap out QBs that didn't work out for other teams every year until we find one that gets the complicated NEP system? Idk
Make no mistake about it. Trubisky would be a last resort type option.

which coincidentally is the qb neighborhood we now live in nowadays.

Make no mistake about it. Trubisky would be a last resort type option.

which coincidentally is the qb neighborhood we now live in nowadays.
We are looking for 2-3 QB's:
1) veteran for 2-3 years
2) top level youngster
3) emergency backup

Could Trubisky be a 2-3 option while we draft QB or two over the next 2 years? I suppose. Other have their options. Some think that we can get a top 10 QB. OK, if possible.

We are looking for 2-3 QB's:
1) veteran for 2-3 years
2) top level youngster
3) emergency backup

Could Trubisky be a 2-3 option while we draft QB or two over the next 2 years? I suppose. Other have their options. Some think that we can get a top 10 QB. OK, if possible.
What top level youngster would be available via the draft?

The plan is the same as it ever was... draft someone and also sign some has-been for vet minimum. Rinse and repeat.

Plan? BB has no plan. He's going to RIDE it out with a washed up Cam Newton! *tongue in cheek* GOD I HOPE that's NOT BB's plan for QB!!! :rofl:

The plan is the same as it ever was... draft someone and also sign some has-been for vet minimum. Rinse and repeat.
Gee, thanks Mr. Sunshine. Now, I'm going to have to go out and get roasted on the strip.

Plan? BB has no plan. He's going to RIDE it out with a washed up Cam Newton! *tongue in cheek* GOD I HOPE that's NOT BB's plan for QB!!! :rofl:
THIS. There is no plan except to be passive as hell and just hope that an elite QB drops from the sky into Bill's lap like a certain pick #199 did. Just once it would be nice to see Bill and his flunkies get aggressive and go after someone with high upside, someone they have wanted for a long time.

We will be stuck with Jag leftovers at QB again. Totally do not get why they did not put together an offer for Wentz who has a very high ceiling. Just once Bill take a shot.

Christ...Mariotta, Brissett, Trubisky.........have some balls Bill and take a shot.

Passive player acquisition strategies get you nowhere Bill.

The lack of movement is hard to understand given our other needs of WR and TE will probably want to know which QB will be here before committing. The options are diminishing as time goes by.

You guys realize free agency hasn't started yet. People acting like Bill is missing the boat. Two QBs have been traded and by free agency the should be many more available.

If come March 17th there is no movement on Vet QBs I'll start to worry. But it's not like the guys we are looking at are gone yet.

Plan? BB has no plan. He's going to RIDE it out with a washed up Cam Newton! *tongue in cheek* GOD I HOPE that's NOT BB's plan for QB!!
Hey you don't know, maybe everything just clicked for Cam in week 17 against the Jets, and only Bill could see it... now he's in the perfect "buy low" point for Cam's services. It's his chance to prove that Alex Guerrero had nothing to do with keeping Brady young. He can do the same with Cam for 10 years.

I kid because I love.

Well expect to see allen and watson in the division the next 10 years or so. Still think watson ends up in miami.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back