PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What BB’s Plan at QB Is

I predict Minshew and then he drafts a QB, maybe Jones.
Interesting that with Jones I was under the assumption he was a borderline 1st possible 2nd round pick and now the last few articles
I have read all say that he is going to probably go top 10 and there will be 5 QB's drafted in the top 10.

Last edited:
When he had blocking, he played a hell of a lot better than Cant Newton. 67% completion rate with mobility.

I followed Chicago all last season. The Chicago OL had all kinds of issues, but go better later in the season. Early on, Tribisky got benched, but came back after Foles stunk the place up. Trubisky would almost land on a similar team in NE with a good defense and running game. Typically the Pats have a top 10 OL, so that would an upgrade for him.

The NE WR and TE corp would be a downgrade though. Allen Robinson had monster season. I wish the Pats could afford him because he would definitely be the primary WR and give cred to the NE passing game. Jimmy Graham was better than anything the Pats have and Darnell Mooney is going to be a star in the NFL. DBs were shocked how good the 5th round pick from Tulane played.
They can afford Robinson but he’s probably getting tagged.

I’d say she’s past her prime but we’ve learned our lesson around here for doing that too early
Maaaayyyybe so.... but .... "would"

Interesting in with Jones I was under the assumption that he was a borderline 1st possible 2nd round pick and now the last few articles
I have read all say that he is going to probably go top 10 and there will be 5 QB's drafted in the top 10.
You might be right, in which case I think the Pats will draft a lesser known QB (like he did with JG) in the mid-rounds. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see BB trading up more than a few spots to get anyone.

I was filling out a medical form the other day and it had a bunch of choices for sexual orientation. One of them was pansexual which a friend told me is when you are attracted to the overall essence of a person. I think that is what you are getting at here. There is physical beauty and then all the personality traits that go with it that can put someone who is say a 7 physically to a 10 when you in add everything else. I have a friend and she kind of has a big nose but it is a defining feature, dark hair, dark eyes, tall but kind of lanky and awkward. I think on the physical scale most would have her at a 6 or 7. But once you get to know her and her fantastic personality, sense of humor, high intellect, she instantly becomes a 10. Oh, she has a great laugh too.
Do It Paramountnetwork GIF by Yellowstone

Mods lock this thread unless the conversation turns to talking about 7th round and UDFA QB candidates.

When he had blocking, he played a hell of a lot better than Cant Newton. 67% completion rate with mobility.

I followed Chicago all last season. The Chicago OL had all kinds of issues, but go better later in the season. Early on, Tribisky got benched, but came back after Foles stunk the place up. Trubisky would almost land on a similar team in NE with a good defense and running game. Typically the Pats have a top 10 OL, so that would an upgrade for him.

The NE WR and TE corp would be a downgrade though. Allen Robinson had monster season. I wish the Pats could afford him because he would definitely be the primary WR and give cred to the NE passing game. Jimmy Graham was better than anything the Pats have and Darnell Mooney is going to be a star in the NFL. DBs were shocked how good the 5th round pick from Tulane played.
If Trubisky isn't asking for the moon (contract-wise), I am pulling for him to be signed.

I was filling out a medical form the other day and it had a bunch of choices for sexual orientation. One of them was pansexual which a friend told me is when you are attracted to the overall essence of a person. I think that is what you are getting at here. There is physical beauty and then all the personality traits that go with it that can put someone who is say a 7 physically to a 10 when you in add everything else. I have a friend and she kind of has a big nose but it is a defining feature, dark hair, dark eyes, tall but kind of lanky and awkward. I think on the physical scale most would have her at a 6 or 7. But once you get to know her and her fantastic personality, sense of humor, high intellect, she instantly becomes a 10. Oh, she has a great laugh too.
Exactly what I'm talking about. I work with a girl a lot of guys think is hot. And she is attractive, fun to hang out with. I have zero interest in her as anything other than a work friend. She is "hot" but she is basically a dude, personality wise. I don't know if I would call it a sexual orientation, I just think there is more to beauty than the way someone looks. It's the total package.

Interesting that with Jones I was under the assumption he was a borderline 1st possible 2nd round pick and now the last few articles

panic.......i've read more than too many accounts that the hope is he progresses to a tannehill level QB

His initial post was tongue-in-cheek. I think any heterosexual man would agree that Aniston is hot.
Yeah, I got that. It was about Brady. Just the idea that any woman is past her prime, that the only thing a woman has to offer is looks, is just gross to me. It set me off on an unrelated tangent. I'm good now.

1. Draft a QB at pick 200 or later, ideally a UDFA
2. Start them their rookie year
3. No Super Bowl? Cut them and go to Step 1
4. Yes Super Bowl? Start them until they don’t win a Super Bowl
5. Go to step 1
20210219_121457.jpg

I'd smash.

I like the fact you used the words tongue and Aniston in the same sentence.

I'm in on Mariota, but not the same way as Aniston.
Let’s go get him Bill
I’m scared that someone else takes the action.
It’s Marcus Mitch or Mac

They can afford Robinson but he’s probably getting tagged.
Assuming Robinson goes along with being tagged at 27 yo. How many more years does he have left to cash in a sizable contract?

The tag is a death sentence. A career ending injury ends all hope of ever getting a lucrative long term deal. The guaranteed new contract signing bonus would certainly be more than the 1 year tag amount.

Dak is damaged goods and worth less imo.

This thread. Jennifer Aniston is dating Michael Bishop.

Marcus Mariota is waiting in the wings.

If Trubisky isn't asking for the moon (contract-wise), I am pulling for him to be signed.

A contract with a small base and tons of incentives would work.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back