PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What BB’s Plan at QB Is

trades not official until first day of the new league year... if luck decided to come back, the colts would drop wentz like a hot potato
Would be a great way to get Wentz for cheap. Time for a new BB brilliance thread.

I’d say she’s past her prime but we’ve learned our lesson around here for doing that too early
She will never be past her prime. There are better looking women out there. There always have been. She's never been conventionally gorgeous model/actress type. But beauty is more than just physical attractiveness. There are a lot of women who are physically stunning, yet completely unattractive. Dead eyes, zero personality, but very photogenic. She just has the whole package. Great energy about her, gorgeous eyes, seems kind and thoughtful. There are a few women like that in Hollywood. Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Carpenter Judy Grier are some more off the top of my head. Not going to win any beauty contests, but they are attractive, not just because of their looks, but their energy, personality, whatever you want to call it. Jen will always be hot to me.

Last edited:
She will never be past her prime. There are better looking woman out there. There always have been. She's never been conventionally gorgeous model/actress type. But beauty is more than just physical attractiveness. There are a lot of women who are physically stunning, yet completely unattractive. Dead eyes, zero personality, but very photogenic. She just has the whole package. Great energy about her, gorgeous eyes, seems kind and thoughtful. There are a few women like that in Hollywood. Drew Berrymore, Jennifer Carpenter Judy Grier are some more off the top of my head. Not going to win any beauty contests, but they are attractive, not just because of their looks, but their energy, personality, whatever you want to call it. Jen will always be hot to me.
Thanks for... that.

I think he waits until Brady contract ends and snatches him up on the free agent market. Once the Bucs think he can't play anymore

Now that Wentz is off the board, it's anybody but Mitch for me. I feel the opposite. I think given how desperate GMs are for a QB, and with his improved play last year, some team will stupidly overpay. Bill's not going to do that. He will go into the season with a bare cupboard at a particular position before he will reach salary wise. We've seen him do it multiple times.

Gardner Minshew? With jags taking Lawrence, they could trade him.
We wouldn’t win with Minshew any more than the Jags did. But if they’re looking for a cheap, vet bridge QB until a rookie is ready, then sure. It’s not as if we have a plethora of options in front of us.

She will never be past her prime. There are better looking women out there. There always have been. She's never been conventionally gorgeous model/actress type. But beauty is more than just physical attractiveness. There are a lot of women who are physically stunning, yet completely unattractive. Dead eyes, zero personality, but very photogenic. She just has the whole package. Great energy about her, gorgeous eyes, seems kind and thoughtful. There are a few women like that in Hollywood. Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Carpenter Judy Grier are some more off the top of my head. Not going to win any beauty contests, but they are attractive, not just because of their looks, but their energy, personality, whatever you want to call it. Jen will always be hot to me.
I was filling out a medical form the other day and it had a bunch of choices for sexual orientation. One of them was pansexual which a friend told me is when you are attracted to the overall essence of a person. I think that is what you are getting at here. There is physical beauty and then all the personality traits that go with it that can put someone who is say a 7 physically to a 10 when you in add everything else. I have a friend and she kind of has a big nose but it is a defining feature, dark hair, dark eyes, tall but kind of lanky and awkward. I think on the physical scale most would have her at a 6 or 7. But once you get to know her and her fantastic personality, sense of humor, high intellect, she instantly becomes a 10. Oh, she has a great laugh too.

Belichick had a plan last year and it was:

Plan A: We roll with Stidham/Hoyer - If we make the playoffs I look like a genius, if we having a bad year we gain a high pick and there's no way they'd fire me after one bad season.

Plan B: We gamble on a former league MVP for cheap, see plan A.

This year is more interesting as you can't really repeat the same exercise and expect different results.

Belichick had a plan last year and it was:

Plan A: We roll with Stidham/Hoyer - If we make the playoffs I look like a genius, if we having a bad year we gain a high pick and there's no way they'd fire me after one bad season.

Plan B: We gamble on a former league MVP for cheap, see plan A.

This year is more interesting as you can't really repeat the same exercise and expect different results.
Part of Plan A was also to blame the cap if things went off track. But your overall point stands, there are NO excuses this year.

I have an odd feeling it's Mitch Trubisky
When he had blocking, he played a hell of a lot better than Cant Newton. 67% completion rate with mobility.

I followed Chicago all last season. The Chicago OL had all kinds of issues, but go better later in the season. Early on, Tribisky got benched, but came back after Foles stunk the place up. Trubisky would almost land on a similar team in NE with a good defense and running game. Typically the Pats have a top 10 OL, so that would an upgrade for him.

The NE WR and TE corp would be a downgrade though. Allen Robinson had monster season. I wish the Pats could afford him because he would definitely be the primary WR and give cred to the NE passing game. Jimmy Graham was better than anything the Pats have and Darnell Mooney is going to be a star in the NFL. DBs were shocked how good the 5th round pick from Tulane played.

1. Draft a QB at pick 200 or later, ideally a UDFA
2. Start them their rookie year
3. No Super Bowl? Cut them and go to Step 1
4. Yes Super Bowl? Start them until they don’t win a Super Bowl
5. Go to step 1

Wow.

4ynk0u.gif

4yno7u.gif

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call