PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a team effort, and we were complicit too.

Coughlin is the real deal. He outcoached us.

Eli came through, twice.

We passed up easily makeable field goals and dropped Tom back to pass a million times against a team who did only one thing well: Rush the passer.

Those two losses are bitter. Asante could have made the play and finished it off.

Wes could have held on.

Gronk, injury and all, might have drawn a bead on that Hail Mary and snatched it away from all those smaller people and we'd have gone home happy.

That those came against the franchise that I and a lot of us hate more than any other, even the Raiders, is something we all have to live with.

Every time I see Michael Strahan - like, every time I turn on the T.V. - I get nauseous.

Unless one of us gets some kind of money of influence, no one will be aware of the atrocity of the Giants dressing in black for their arrival in Arizona and the endless insult to us and Marquise Hill.

1986 was sickening, and that future friends like the Bills and Tom earned and enjoyed that moment does not change the fact that it sucked for us. Same for 1990, though we do of course hate the Broncos and we don't exactly like the Bills.

But the robbery of all time will always be 1976. Always.

That is the definition of a fake title. It should not be just an asterisk [Raiders*].

Super Bowl XI should be vacated.
Show me on the doll where he hurt you. Well said but too painful.

Last edited:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/06/giants-report-card-questionable-call-wasnt-the-worst-part/

There were bound to be days like this for Daniel Jones, who got a firsthand look at what a quality NFL defense looks like. Consider it a lesson learned. Jones (21 of 38, 182 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) was not effective in the red zone. Losing starting RB Wayne Gallman early to a concussion was a tough blow, as rookie fill-in John Hillman (9-20) struggled. There were holding penalties on Nate Solder and Evan Engram, and Solder was beaten by Everson Griffen in the fourth quarter for one of the Vikings four sacks. Quiet debut for Golden Tate (3-13).​

Grade: D

Giants’ Improvement Plan Hits a Snag

But if Jones’s promotion almost three weeks ago restored a sense of excitement and promise around these parts, then it is his capacity for improvement that will prolong it. Jones cannot remedy the woes of a defense that allowed 490 yards or heal the high-ankle sprain of Saquon Barkley, who is convalescing at an inhuman rate. But he can navigate the pocket finer, release the ball faster, move safeties with his eyes quicker, and he will have to make at least some progress this week for the Giants (2-3) to perform capably Thursday night at New England against the unbeaten Patriots.

Behind Jones the last two weeks, the Giants teased and tempted and enticed, recalibrating expectations. Instead of jockeying for a high draft pick, mediocrity in the rugged N.F.C. had become a more realistic possibility for the season. But whether the Giants admit it or not — and they will not — their defensive talent is overmatched, and that was so even before they played Sunday without their top two inside linebackers, Ryan Connelly and Alec Ogletree, both out with injuries.​

https://nypost.com/2019/10/06/giants-offensive-line-makes-daniel-jones-life-miserable/

Daniel Jones was sacked four times and hit four more, converged on from all angles most of the game. With Saquon Barkley out with a high ankle sprain and Wayne Gallman exiting in the first quarter with a concussion, the Giants’ line couldn’t open any holes and the offense managed 64 yards on the ground — on 20 carries.

Things hit rock bottom right before halftime, after Jabrill Peppers chased down Dalvin Cook just before the end zone and stripped the ball from behind. The Giants recovered it at the 1-yard line.

But on the next play, outside linebacker Anthony Barr went right past right guard Kevin Zeitler to drop running back Jon Hilliman for a safety.

Nate Solder — the big free-agent addition two offeseasons ago — had much more to say on how he and his fellow linemen have performed through the first five games of the season.

“None of it’s been good enough,” Solder said. “It all falls on each individual’s shoulders. And I’m the first on that list. I’ve got to run-block better, I’ve got to pass-block better, I’ve got to communicate better, I’ve got to do all the things that I need to do to be the best player I can be.”

Solder said he feels like he hasn’t played well all season, but that he felt more like himself Sunday and plans to build off of it. According to Solder, it’s the teams that get better throughout the season that will go far.​

Too many points.

I mean the Giants just lost to the Vikings at home by 18 and had 500 yards put up on them and the Pats at home this year have won by 30 and 16 points. I can see how it opened at that.

These are what QBs have done to them

Prescott 25/32 405 yards 4 TD
Winston 23/37 380 yards 3 TD 1 INT
Cousins 22/27 306 yards 2 TD

Even Josh Allen had a solid game for Josh Allen 19/30 253 yards 1 TD

We should beat this horrible giants team even on a short week. We shall see if we can run the ball down their throats.

Too many points.
Idk. I would expect a win by more than that. I mean how many points are the giants going to score? And we should easily be 30+ against that d.

The giants stink. Defense is abysmal.

Thursday Night Football SUCKS

We all know what the true missing option on this poll is.
Obviously where's the sign Adam Seward option. This defense sucks, they've given up touchdowns in back to back weeks. :p

We are on to the Giants

giphy.webp

We're. We need to fix the name of these threads! Come on it's game 5 already. No more preseason sloppy thread titles!

Also a short week always favors the worse team IMO. So they have that going for them. Won't be enough I think.

Giants stink
Solder stinks
Jones stink
their defense stinks

another blowout...

We're. We need to fix the name of these threads! Come on it's game 5 already. No more preseason sloppy thread titles!

Also a short week always favors the worse team IMO. So they have that going for them. Won't be enough I think.
Got to thank the Colts for last night. Either the Colts are very strong or the Chiefs are just really banged up or something. I did not plan to stay up for the whole game but I found it too intriguing to shut off

Likeable, yes.

Especially if we'd followed through and won SB42.
right, but hating a sports player because they wanted to and in fact did win their championship is a bit silly.

I hate certain players and other teams for different reasons. Like I hate the Colts for DG not because they were ever good?

If every team in the league were like the Redskins it would be meaningless to be the champs.

PS: Strahan has spoken some of the most complimentary comments about Brady including calling him insanely tough.

The New York Football Giants have a bad OL, rookie QB and can't cover.

Giants stink
Solder stinks
Jones stink
their defense stinks

another blowout...

Our OL isn't all that great, and our top 3 receivers are banged up. I'm happy getting just getting a W.

Thursday Night Football SUCKS
I like it when it's the Pat's. Gets the game out of the way so I'm free Sunday for 4-5 extra hours. Plus it's something to get excited about during the week to pass time till weekend.

Why not just tape the Bachelor so youre not conflicted about missing the rose ceremony?
Lmao, I have no idea what you're talking about, but you seem well versed in what is going on. Maybe you watch that show with your boyfriend Henry?

Last edited:
I like it when it's the Pat's. Gets the game out of the way so I'm free Sunday for 4-5 extra hours. Plus it's something to get excited about during the week to pass time till weekend.
I meant as, not enough time for players to recover from a Sunday game, reason why it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News