PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the record for games without a passing TD by the defense?

From what I hear there is a good chance that Barkley will play this week. I'm not sure he needs a decent Oline to be a viable threat. Stop the run and contain the QB. Man coverage on the wide outs.

Shepard is out for the Giants..concussion

Poor Daniel Jones

From what I hear there is a good chance that Barkley will play this week. I'm not sure he needs a decent Oline to be a viable threat. Stop the run and contain the QB. Man coverage on the wide outs.

So they're are they going to go with the RB with the concussion, the one with the high ankle sprain, or the one who carried 9 times for 20 yards yesterday?

So they're are they going to go with the RB with the concussion, the one with the high ankle sprain, or the one who carried 9 times for 20 yards yesterday?
Barkley is not human. He will be back before most players with the same injury. I would not be surprised to see him this Thursday.

Giants scounting report.

QB - Daniel Jones - Not much needs to be said here, a rookie who has shown some good and bad. I don't expect him to be able to do well against our D.

RB - Barkley, Gallman, Joe Hillman - If Barkley can't go you don't need to be too concerned about any other RB. Gallman is okay and everyone else is probably just bad. Gallman playing the Pats is highly questionable. Right now Barkley has maybe a 50/50 shot of playing but who knows? If he does play he won't be 100%.

WR/TE- Engram has become a bit more of a complete TE but is still a pass catcher first and good target and match up issue. Clearly their #1 option, but his status is in doubt. Shepard is a good but not amazing option and he will be out in any case. Bennie Fowler has seen a lot of snaps but not much in the way of results and was recently cut. Mostly because Golden Tate got his first action of the season, but didn't look ready yet. I don't suspect that to change in the next 4 days. Slayton and Latimer are pretty much JAGs.

OL - Solder, Will Hernandez, Jon Halapio, Kevin Zeitler and Mike Remmers are the starters and they've all been healthy. Without Scar Solder has regressed a tad IMO. Hernandez is a 2nd year player and has been only servicable. Halapio is another former Pats cast off and plays like it. Zieter is probably their best player on the line but he isn't elite. Remmers was pretty good not long ago but his play has dropped off recently.

DL - The Giants run a 3-4 with the very large rookie Dexter Lawrence as the anchor and from what i've read and seen he's done his job very well. Davlin Tomlinson is a very good player and BJ Hill is a 2nd year who is also playing at a solid level. They hold down the DE spots. None of their backups are any good which weakens what could be a very strong unit.

OLB/EDGE - This unit tends to utilize a 3 man rotation of Markus Golden, Lorenzo Carter and Oshane Ximines. Right now Carter is hurt and it has this unit a tad thin, but not as thin as others. IDK if Carter plays or not but he won't be as effective. Golden is subpar at best. Ximines is a rookie and plays like one. Carter is a 2nd year player whose only okay.

ILB - Ryan Connelly was a huge part of their D, but is now on the IR. Alex Ogletree is another starter who is also hurt. Tae Davis who was suppose to take over some duties is hurt too. Mayo is probably the main guy in this unit right now but I know little about him. PFF isn't a fan. This is a very banged up group with former practice squad guys seeing a lot of time. It should be easy to exploit any way we want to do it. Even if Olgetree plays (which IDK if he will) he should be gimpy.

CB - The Giants tend to exclusively use only 3 CBs. Janoris Jenkins, Deandre Baker and Grant Haley. Jenkins is pretty decent. Baker is a rookie and REALLY struggling. Haley is a 2nd year player that is only okay.

S - Antoine Bethea and Jabrill Peppers are the starters with Michael Thomas getting a few snaps as the back up. Bethea is up there in age and it shows. He's had a few good years but those are behind him. Peppers seems to be having a bit of trouble adjusting to his new team but is doing okay. Thomas is a pretty good player but if he was as good as some people thought he'd no doubt be on the field more.

Barkley is not human. He will be back before most players with the same injury. I would not be surprised to see him this Thursday.

Then I suspect that he was hamming up a Grade 1 high ankle sprain.

I suspect the plan is to try to make 1st year QB Daniel Jones beat us with his arm regardless of whether Barkley plays.

right, but hating a sports player because they wanted to and in fact did win their championship is a bit silly.

I hate certain players and other teams for different reasons. Like I hate the Colts for DG not because they were ever good?

If every team in the league were like the Redskins it would be meaningless to be the champs.

PS: Strahan has spoken some of the most complimentary comments about Brady including calling him insanely tough.
a574c3e537b49aaa5981d1cb77b53c60.jpg

The 2 SB losses to the Giants (Eli Manning) still hurts...

:oops:

After escaping the Skins game without major injury (fingers crossed on Dorsett) no thanks to Outhouse at LT, it is time to focus on handing out a TNF beatdown to that other team from the Jersey swamplands
we want the niners tonight right? Just to further mess up the AFC race correct?

I always root for NFC verse AFC because it can only help the Pats, but still have a Jimmy thing, not as big as others, but its there

EDIT: there could be an off exception. If if in a an AFC NFC matchup the AFC team is someone we have a head to head tie breaker over, but they need to win to catch a team we LOST a head to head tie breaker. That is the exception but usually that scenario would not happen to late season.

we want the niners tonight right? Just to further mess up the AFC race correct?

I always root for NFC verse AFC because it can only help the Pats, but still have a Jimmy thing, not as big as others, but its there

EDIT: there could be an off exception. If if in a an AFC NFC matchup the AFC team is someone we have a head to head tie breaker over, but they need to win to catch a team we LOST a head to head tie breaker. That is the exception but usually that scenario would not happen to late season.

A lot going on there in that edit. Is your head spinning...
...or no

A lot going on there in that edit. Is your head spinning...
...or no
I'm getting there.

You get the scenario I meant right? I'm not sure I elaborated it correctly exactly.

I know I tried hard though LOL

Hopefully Bill can dial up some coverages to confuse the rookie. Their offense will look better if Barkley comes back. This giants defense isnt like what we faced in 2007 and 2012, Giants are 30th in total defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back