PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a really good defensive coach.

But when you have a popgun offense, your D wears down.

There is talent on that D, from Tre White to Micah Hyde, Milano, Alexander and Terrell Edmunds, Jerry Hughes.

There is literally nothing on offense, nothing whatsoever (other than McCoy who was hurt).

When you are the HC have to manage the coaching and personnel on both sides of the ball.. the buck stops with McDermott...

Have you ever seen Tierod play?

I have, have you? In the VAST majority of his starts, his offense scores more than 16 points. I'm not saying he's good, I'm saying 16 points is bad.

I have, have you? In the VAST majority of his starts, his offense scores more than 16 points. I'm not saying he's good, I'm saying 16 points is bad.

He is a really bad QB, always late on his throws. He was RFA and looking at a $20m contract.

Insane to keep him.

They traded him for a 3rd which is much much better than I thought they'd do.

They would be no better with him, considering they lost their 2 top WRs and didn't replace them.

All that being said, they could have signed a decent QB to transition over to Allen, but they punted.

The coach is likely a very bad evaluator of QBs, but I have to say that I find Tyrod incredibly underwhelming. Rather have Hoyer.

He is a really bad QB, always late on his throws. He was RFA and looking at a $20m contract.

Insane to keep him.

They traded him for a 3rd which is much much better than I thought they'd do.

They would be no better with him, considering they lost their 2 top WRs and didn't replace them.

All that being said, they could have signed a decent QB to transition over to Allen, but they punted.

The coach is likely a very bad evaluator of QBs, but I have to say that I find Tyrod incredibly underwhelming. Rather have Hoyer.

Again, I'm not arguing that Tyrod Taylor is a good QB by any means. My original contention was that the defense should be criticized for giving up 16 points to a Taylor led offense. That's NOT a high total of points, especially when you factor in what the offense of the Patriots was doing that day.

McDermott has just announced that Derek Anderson will start Monday night against the Pats. He was bagging groceries a few weeks ago, bet he still puts up at least 21 on the defense.

This will be a good test to see how bad the defense really is. Bills should not score more than 20 points.

This will be a good test to see how bad the defense really is. Bills should not score more than 20 points.
If this defense is worth a damn, the Bills shouldn’t score more than 7. They’ve really been that bad on offense.

The book on Anderson has been out for literally a decade.

Decent when it's "in game" , no time to think about it starting. The longer he has to think about it, prepare, the worse he is.

This should be a 38-45 Pats/14-20 Bills type game whether Gronk plays or not.

Bills ALWAYS play the Pats tough. I’m not counting my wins before they hatch.
This was the funniest thing I've read all day.

The last competitive meaningful game with Brady at QB that the Bills played "tough" was a win 23-21 @ Buffalo in September 2013 (Amendola played in a completely torn groin game). There was the 'rest the starters' game in 2014 last game of the year, when the Patriots had the 1 seed locked up. and the Brissett game 2 years ago.

2013 was 5 years ago.

"Always"

Patriots are 28-6 under Belichick against Buffalo, 25-4 with Brady under center. Avg margin of victory is like 16 points.

It's almost never a competitive game, never mind night/showcase games.

Brisset did not allow a Tierod Taylor offense to score 16 points.

Blount, Gronk, Edelman. Amendola all played.

There have been lost of close Bills games with Brady. Everyone in the NFL can win.
16 points. Wow. Throw the bums out.

With Anderson out and the performance of the Bills to date the Pats should rest all players with injuries that are a question mark and save them for GB like Michel and Gronk.

Go Pats

Wouldn’t have mattered if they allowed 3 points. Brissett had no business playing that day with his thumb and the result speaks for itself. I agree that the Bills can play the Pats tough. So can the Jets and Dolphins.

The Bills are a division rival and will be taken seriously. I can’t imagine the team is too happy with the sloppiness of yesterday’s game and will want to make a statement.
Division games are always tough.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
If you have to go down to 'at the half' to base your argument, your argument is over.
Remember on 1/1/2012 when Buffalo led New England 21-0 at the end of Q1?

Final score was Pats 49, Bills 21.

Of course, the Pats also blew a 14-0 lead against them earlier that season and lost the game.

I guess I have no point here.....

NFL Schedule makers did a poor job in scheduling a AFC-Least Monday Nighter. Can't want for the Jim Kelly - Thurman Thomas former hype leading up to this game.:rolleyes: Was Brady even alive when those guys played?? If the Patriots don't have Four Score lead well before Halftime we should be very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes