PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to our world, Cowboys fans

I'm sure the schedule makers had no idea that Elliott might be suspended for a game or two when they had the Cowboys open with Giants..... not (*Yes I am aware that the Giants opened with the Cowboys the last two years but it is so convenient),

There are essentially 4 tiers of punishment in the NFL;
1) Giants and Steelers who are essentially bulletproof and when they do get punished, it is minimal at best (e.g. Steeler kicker get 1 gamer initially for Domestic Violence). Maras and Rooneys have run this league before this commissioner and will long after Goodell is gone.......
2) Teacher's pets who get lighter treatment that makes you to scratch your head. This includes Balt (Ray Rice initially), Denver, Jets ( Revis tampering for example)and Dallas (depends on Elliott penalty to see if they belong below)
3) Everybody else but NE who gets punishment that contrasts to the teams above. This includes the Saints in Bountygate or the hammer that fell on KC for tampering.
4) Patriots- no evidence or science needed for the witchhunt.

I may have missed something but I think I'm close....
Does anybody doubt that Michael Floyd would have gotten more than a 4 game suspension had he resigned with the PAtriots???

Pretty good list, but I think the Jete are in tier #1.

What's the story on this Elliot thing? He didn't do it and the story somehow was written that he did?

lol, the cowboys fans think goondell will go after elliot as a favor to kraft.

Dallas Cowboys

lol, the cowboys fans think goondell will go after elliot as a favor to kraft.

Dallas Cowboys

I really couldn't care less about the Cowboys.

If Goodell wants to do a favor for Kraft he can come clean about Spygate and Deflategate and give the stolen picks back.

Anything else is meaningless.

Last edited:
Pretty good list, but I think the Jete are in tier #1.
In retrospect, agreed. It just seems that the Giants and Steelers get away with more,...maybe because they commit more. Jets aren't even competent to commit infractions that they could get away with....

If the New England team, the Patriots, are the Pats. Then the Dallas team...

What's the story on this Elliot thing? He didn't do it and the story somehow was written that he did?
I believe the opposite occurred in regard to last night's incident. The initial police report and stories did not mention his name, but now his name has surfaced.

How about Cowpies, then?...or Conboys?...or Glorycow-holes?

Why would the NFL ever alter their punishment system when 31 fanbases dance with delight at the misfortunes of any team but theirs, regardless of circumstances.... like unproven accusations.

Who's the hypocrite now?

From my cheap seats...if Elliot gets suspended without verifiable evidence....Dallas is getting screwed. PatsFans know what that's like.
Eliot isn't getting screwed. Forget about the crab with is girlfriend, the kid's been involved in a couple of other proveable messes since that, including exposing women's breast at a parade, and a complete stranger at that. That isn't NOTHING, its criminal battery at least. And then there is the club fight that happened later.

This isn't about ONE thing. It's a continued pattern of behavior that Goodell should have acted on LONG before this. The fact is that he deserves a game or two, even though he hasn't been legally convicted of anything. In the long run, it might do him some good and help him straighten out before it becomes something more serious.

Its less a comment on Mara that he's up for suspension, and more the growing power of Jerry Jones who has fended this off for so long. This isn't to say Mara hasn't kept the Giants from getting their due, but in this case I think it's more like:

Goodell: "Listen, I think we have to suspend this kid. We have is too much stuff on him"

Mara: "I agree, but Jerry is putting a lot of pressure on us, and I don't want to let it look like I'm...er... you're doing it to benefit the Giants".

Goodell: "But John, I've suspended about half their friggin' team over the last 2 seasons, and could have done more, except for Jerry". There is no way this is going to go well for you even if we just keep it to one game like Jerry wants because that game will be against the Giants.

Mara: Well just f"ck it. Give him the game and I'll just take the heat. I'll just use my regal bearing and ignore it as usual and let you take the heat.

You can leave now, Roger. I'll call you when I need you again.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back