PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to our world, Cowboys fans

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
During the deflategate ordeal, I visited (and contributed to) several opposing fans' websites. I don't think any of them match the hatred and derision shown Tom Brady than that of Cowboys fans. (Maybe the Steelers fans did, but at least they have a reason to hate us.)

So now I can say I am thoroughly enjoying the weeping and wailing coming from Cowboys fans regarding the potential suspension of one of their own: Ezekiel Elliott.

The whining about how the Mara's control the league, how unfair this all is, and how they should sue the league if Elliott is indeed suspended. The idiocy/hypocrisy is hilarious... I wish my old account was still active, so I'll just have to repost here.... comments such as:

"Lawyer up. time to get lace them up and take on the NFL" ... "someone needs to finally take the league to court as it's complete BS." (LOLOL!!! uh, someone did take the league to court)

"If he's suspended one game we clearly know who's involved." (the people who thought it was perfectly fair for the Jets to lead an investigation into us aren't happy that the Giants have a lot of sway in NY)

"I have no idea why some on this board thinks the league can suspend someone for no reason. That is not how it works and players have protection from such things as this." (get ready for a huge disappointment, my friend)

"If Zeke is suspended, the league can suspend a player based off a disproven accusation." (no ****, Sherlock)

"I don't see how an arbitrator would not turn over any discipline handed down by the league if Zeke pushed it but I'm not versed on the CBA like all the lawyers." ... "Zeke has a right to appeal" ... "If you get suspended for something you didn't do, I would think [an appeal] highly winnable." (this is an excellent point. Unfortunately, if he chooses, Goodell will hear the appeal himself)

I also hope Jerry calls Bob for help.......

gets a fresh pot of coffee and a box of sweets...puts up feet and gets ready to watch the drama...

Glory-Hole-Doughnuts-620x300.jpg

During the deflategate ordeal, I visited (and contributed to) several opposing fans' websites. I don't think any of them match the hatred and derision shown Tom Brady than that of Cowboys fans. (Maybe the Steelers fans did, but at least they have a reason to hate us.)

That's surprising. I've met a lot of Cowboys fans (my wife and her family, for example) and they didn't seem to have any more Brady hate than other teams. Much less than Raider fans (I live in Oakland so plenty of examples every time I go out in Patriots gear). Also Ravens, Jets, Dolphins...

Not saying you're wrong, just surprising to me.

Also it's pretty funny how those quotes mirror what we were saying in 2015, almost verbatim...

The league is pushing this story to distract from Eli Manning's fraudulent memorabilia scandal. Suspending Elliott (especially under controversial circumstances, which they're aware of) will predictably result in backlash that drives headlines and ultimately drown out Eli's scandal even more.

Mara has to be involved in this. Especially considering the Cowboys play the Giants in week 1.

The league is pushing this story to distract from Eli Manning's fraudulent memorabilia scandal. Suspending Elliott (especially under controversial circumstances, which they're aware of) will predictably result in backlash that drives headlines and ultimately drown out Eli's scandal even more.

Mara has to be involved in this. Especially considering the Cowboys play the Giants in week 1.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Mara is involved in this. What a scumlord.

gets a fresh pot of coffee and a box of sweets...puts up feet and gets ready to watch the drama...

Glory-Hole-Doughnuts-620x300.jpg
I wish I could give 2 winners. Hilarious. Especially the guy stuffing his face with a big old powdered sugar with custard Glory Hole doughnut. I don't think that's Joker because the shop is in Toronto and I think Canadia banned him.

Oh, and feck Mara and Jones.

I would love for the Cowgirls to learn how to win in the playoffs just so the Pats could destroy them in the bowl. But in reality I don't see their offense doing what they did last year in the regular season (teams will figure out that QB)......and I certainly don't expect them to pretend its 1992 and all of a sudden win a string of playoff games in a row. Loved watching Green Bay go into Cowphuck land and end their season. Good riddance to Mexico's team, the Patriots own America.

I would love for the Cowgirls to learn how to win in the playoffs just so the Pats could destroy them in the bowl. But in reality I don't see their offense doing what they did last year in the regular season (teams will figure out that QB)......and I certainly don't expect them to pretend its 1992 and all of a sudden win a string of playoff games in a row. Loved watching Green Bay go into Cowphuck land and end their season. Good riddance to Mexico's team, the Patriots own America.
Who are the Cowgirls?

The Cowgirls are that Texas team that's Jones'n to win a Lombardi ! :D

I joined the Cowboys forum before we played them one particular year. Both teams were undefeated, 9-0 I think??. Anyway all they were taking about was spygate and the cheating Patriots. I made a post linking Jimmy Johnson's interview where he admitted he taped signals routinely. That was the last post I made because I was banned. The post was removed and I wonder how many ever even saw it.

I joined the Cowboys forum before we played them one particular year. Both teams were undefeated, 9-0 I think??. Anyway all they were taking about was spygate and the cheating Patriots. I made a post linking Jimmy Johnson's interview where he admitted he taped signals routinely. That was the last post I made because I was banned. The post was removed and I wonder how many ever even saw it.
Must have been 2007.

Battle of "81s," and battle of unbeatens. Good times.

If Schefter's reports are true and Elliot only gets 1-2 games, it will be interesting to hear their reasoning, as domestic cases are normally 6 games to start. I wonder if it will be along the same lines of not cooperating, etc?

If Schefter's reports are true and Elliot only gets 1-2 games, it will be interesting to hear their reasoning, as domestic cases are normally 6 games to start. I wonder if it will be along the same lines of not cooperating, etc?

Not cooperating gets you 4 games. They make this **** up as they go.

Not cooperating gets you 4 games. They make this **** up as they go.
I long for the days of Tagliabue and Rozelle when it comes to stuff like this. Too much dirty laundry aired in public and Goodell is on a non-stop power trip.

I long for the days of Tagliabue and Rozelle when it comes to stuff like this. Too much dirty laundry aired in public and Goodell is on a non-stop power trip.

The way those 2 would have handled the original complaint to the league about Deflategate vs how Goodell did is night and day. No one would have ever heard about it publicly. A phone call to the Pats would have ended it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back