PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week One NFL Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariota 4th td pass. He's playing well. Looks very poised. Good command.

mariotta just threw his 4th TD pass, in the first half!!!

He looks head and shoulders better than Winston.

Jay Glazer who was killing Greg Schiano in tampa and pumping up his friend love smith - lovie is one of the worst coaches .

Luck/Colts better watchout in a couple years.

Bucs fans boo'ing bucs as they go to the locker room. Not surprised after seeing Mariota lol

Now if only the Ravens had a QB that could get them a decent regular season record. I'd still take Jumpball Joe any day in the playoffs over a prime Peyton.

Bengals rolling. Yes its the raiders but still.

Bbbbbuuuuuuutttttt...Khalil Mack...Aldon...Smith..

smh
Luck/Colts better watchout in a couple years.

Agree. But when a guy like Fasano gets wide open...eeeesh. Tampas D is a dumpster fire. Haven't seen Verner show up much either.

Me in the preseason said:
I've seen the majority of Peyton's pre-season reps this year and it's pretty clear that Kubiac is tailoring his offense to fit Peyton Manning's classic system. 3 WR, 1 TE, 1RB; the vast majority of the time. Same formation; sometimes it's under center sometimes in shotgun, they will flip the strength with the TE or slot. They'll deviate from that standard formation mostly with the 'bunch' formation (3 WRs all clustered together) more than anything. Very basic, classic concepts; almost always vertical stems to the routes, so it's pretty tough to read the first few steps of the play.

The running game looks little different than what we've always seen with Peyton, too. I swear practically every run I saw was the stretch play; where the running backing goes slightly off-tackle and can cut-in or cut-out based on how the defense reacts. And this run is constantly used to keep the d-line thinking horizontally at the snap, so it can buy Peyton more time against the pass rush.

That was never Kubiac's style in Hou, certainly not to that degree. When the season starts; if that offense is going no-huddle, and Peyton is often calling audibles at the line (which I saw last weekend) then it's mostly the same system as we've always seen Peyton run. Maybe some new stuff thrown in, but the bread and butter is what Peyton's been doing his whole career.

BTW - and that was how Elway nabbed Peyton in the first place. He agreed to not put Peyton in a totally different system. As opposed to say, Harbaugh in San Fran, who was west coast offense. So, when Elway hired Kubiac, I'm pretty certain that aspect was made clear; same as it was for John Fox and Mike McCoy when Peyton was first brought on board.

Ok, I'd say about 70% of the plays called today fall into the realm of Peyton's usual style, as I just described above...

But Kubiac is just killing his offense when he tries to mix it up with his own stuff. It's like he's hitting the brakes on each drive before it even gets going. I saw one play where he actually called for a play-action roll-out for Peyton to throw on the run, and Peyton looked just horrid trying to do it. No, Kubiac, just no. He's doing a little bit of mixing it up in the run by using a full back in I-form (while using play-action to go to off-set I-form) when running the stretch play instead of just using TE; that's nothing. But there are other formations being thrown in that just aren't what Peyton is used to. The blocking assignments look unclear. Peyton is now off a bit. But, the best drive, so far, was the 2 minute drill where Peyton went no-huddle with his usual 3 WR, 1 TE, 1RB. He didn't score, but he looked just fine. Stick to that.

But but Joe Flacco is elite!

hahahaha Manning's duck. Good job lol

I think Manning needs like 2,500 yards for the passing record. At this rate, he may need two seasons to get it.

lol Manning is pathetic and this Denver offense is ****ing horrid.

Lame duck pick six by Manning on a blitz from Kyle Arrington. I dunno who I want to win this game, but watching Manning fail is fun.

LMAO. Pick 6!

lol manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes