PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a mandate for the booster across most sectors (eligibility and recommendation are the terms used): government or private, so why would the league potentially open themselves up to legal action or collective bargaining issues (regardless of political persuasion or thoughts of vaccination there would be some players that would likely take such measures given the public at large's actions to the same thus far on the in-place mandates) from guys like Rogers?

They're not likely to lose revenue as they haven't had to reschedule any games yet this season so their decision calculus is probably toward avoiding such legal action. It's gotten more players opportunity as well with the expanded rosters.

Now did they discuss it with the NFLPA as they have to do before implementing (collective bargaining)? Unknown.

The NBA did ghost mandate it - NBA says players without booster shot by Dec. 17 will face more testing, other restrictions - not a true mandate but other measures required for those that don't take it to try and increase compliance.

And the other leagues seem to be waiting for something...maybe government mandate backing to alleviate them from any repercussions? https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...8bb1b6-59f9-11ec-8396-5552bef55c3c_story.html
Nothing like boosting healthy, young athletes when 3rd world countries still can't get their initial dose.

The only reason the Eagles won that superbowl is because a) the Patriots forgot how to tackle that game, they had the Eagles receivers behind the 1st down marker on 3rd down multiple times that game and couldn't finish the tackle, and b) Folk played out of his mind. The dude did not miss a throw at any level on the field that game. Throw after throw was on a dime. That had to have been the single best game he ever played.

I don't think Wentz plays anywhere near as good as Folk played that game, and the Pats know how to tackle this season.
They lost because they couldn’t stop the run (because they olayed the infamous 4 safety defense) and the eagles lived in great down and distance all day so it was easy for the offense.

this only goes to show just how far "the other side" is willing to go to spread dangerous misinformation. BTW- I used quotations on "the other side" because I can't exactly explain who the "other side" actually is. Are they PRO-virus, sickness and death? Do they WANT the virus to continue to spread? They are clearly anti-vaccination, DESPITE its clear success at minimizing the effects of Covid. Are the hoping that the continued effects of the spread of the Omicron variant harms the economy to the point the neo-fascist wing of the Republican Party can gain a political advantage, I don't know,

All I know how sad this all makes me feel and how glad I am to be old enough that I won't be around when it all goes to sh!t (at least I hope I'm not, but the way things are going I might just be alive to see the 4th Reich

Think I'm crazy. Hitler came to power in Germany (the most liberal democracy in Europe at the time with the most educated population) by claiming that they would bring ORDER and German Nationalism. He preyed on the fears of the German Public in the middle of a world wide depression and by 1932 the Nazi party was the largest bloc in their "parliament" but not the majority. Most people forget that Hitler DIDN'T win the election in 32, but Von Hindenburg, who was a Popular WWI General who had won the Presidency in 1925. By 34 Hindenburg was dead and Hitler combined the Chancellorship and Presidency and that was the last election in Germany until after WWII.

The Weimar Republic which was establish after WWI was fatally flawed in its set up. It lead to the Government being so fragmented that it was often paralyzed do anything. In order to bring down the Republic, the Nazi's did everything they could to make sure the Government continued to be paralyzed. A government that can't get things done sows anger among the people. When the Nazi's got into full control in a one party system, the good news was things finally got done and people seeing that gave full credit to Hitler, even though he had spent most of the previous decade trying to keep that from happening. They had scapegoats for anything negative that happened (Jews and Communists) and starting building the German War machine to help them dig their way out of the depression.

Folks also forget that there was a significant number of people in the US who supported what was going on in Germany, In 1939 20,000 people filled Madison Square Garden and cheered whlie the head of the German-American Bund spoke of the failures of Franklin D Rosenfeld, decried how he had been represented by the "Jewish controlled press". and how American should be led by a white gentile controlled government, and christian controlled labor unions (as opposed to Jewish/communist" controlled unions. This happened at the same time Hitler was finishing the first 6 of his concentration camps and 7 months before he invaded Poland. Fortunately that was the highlight of Bund's activities and it pretty much ended after the war in Europe started in September of 39.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana,1905

Now we have a former leader who is telling you that everything negative about him in the press is a lie. How the last election is a lie. How he related better to the heads of one party governments than the heads of liberal democracies, He leads a party who's sole mission is to try and keep anything from happening to solve the population's many issues. We have a population that is afraid, split, and looking for "ORDER". And the opposition's party want to make sure they STAY fearful, and blame the new scapegoats, the "jewish controlled press", immigrants, and the poor for every problem we have.

Are you worried yet?

BTW- For the record this is a post that is overly simplistic in its presentation. I probably offended a lot of people and for that I apologize. But the fact is that on a number of times in our short history as an nation state, we have come perilously close to losing the democracy we ALL hold dear. This is just another time we are skating very close to the edge.
*Omicron* has joined the chat

They lost because they couldn’t stop the run (because they olayed the infamous 4 safety defense) and the eagles lived in great down and distance all day so it was easy for the offense.
They lost because they couldn't tackle to save their life. They had the Eagles receivers dead to rights on multiple 3rd downs behind the 1st down marker and whiffed on tackles completely. All they had to do to win was make a single one of those stops. The Titans ran for 220 yards against the Pats and still lost because the Patriots tackled receivers and the Titans QB wasn't dropping dimes all game.

They lost because they couldn't tackle to save their life. They had the Eagles receivers dead to rights on multiple 3rd downs behind the 1st down marker and whiffed on tackles completely. All they had to do to win was make a single one of those stops. The Titans ran for 220 yards against the Pats and still lost because the Patriots tackled receivers and the Titans QB wasn't dropping dimes all game.
You should watch the game again.

Nothing like boosting healthy, young athletes when 3rd world countries still can't get their initial dose.
Working on making us one?

Enough of that. Back to this game. I hope we will keep playing this season, because I think we have a real shot at the SB. I'm way into beating the Colts Saturday. I am not sure this won't be our last weekend of NFL. I'm not sure either way, mind you. But dang, shlitz got real again fast.

Enough of that. Back to this game. I hope we will keep playing this season, because I think we have a real shot at the SB. I'm way into beating the Colts Saturday. I am not sure this won't be our last weekend of NFL. I'm not sure either way, mind you. But dang, shlitz got real again fast.
I really don't think it's that much of a concern

For me, the key is to stop the Colts run game. Jonathan Taylor is running like a man possessed. I feel if BB can take away Taylor, the Colts won't be able to win the game on the back of Carson Wentz. Wentz is more prone to making the big mistake and I don't feel he can win the game with his arm against a pretty stacked Patriots secondary.

On the flip side, I'd like to see a more balanced offense in the Colts dome. Yes we want a respectable run game, but I'd like to see Mac force them to respect the pass so they can't just stack the box to stop Rhamondre Harrison. BTW is Damien Harris going to be fully healthy for this game?

In the six games where they had their most passing yards this season (over 220) the Colts are 1-5 with the sole win against the Jets who scored 30 on them. In the six games where they had their most rushing yards (over 125) they are 6-0. I think it's pretty clear what the Pats have to do to win. Wentz only has 3 games with over 250 yards passing and they are 1-2 (again, Jets...). If the Colts can't run, they can't win.

Maybe he’ll approach the gong, wind up, but drop the anvil and hug Josh McDaniels.
I didn't know Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler were the broadcast team for this game. Will Adam be lugging a steel folding chair as well?

Happy Friday everyone!!! Getting you ready for the day before the game.....would have been a great Friday if that horrible coach for the Chargers didn't blow the game for his team......ugh...I won't go there....lol here we go:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back