PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see if Perkins illness means agreement to free a roster spot (Langi, Uche)

No mention of McGrone, Bledsoe on their deadline prob means they go back to NFI for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit here:

nice surprise on Bledsoe . pity for Munson (core ST) who was much more useful than Tavai
this could mean Langi is coming back too.

“to make room for him“ is not accurate . one roster spot still open . more moves to come

in an interview yesterday Fauci said " this would not be the first time, if it happened, that a vaccine that looked good in initial safety actually made people worse". he then sites a HIV vaccine that "actually made individuals more likely to get infected."

edit. the interview was not yesterday. not sure exactly when the interview occurred. content is accurate tho

Last edited:
nice surprise on Bledsoe . pity for Munson (core ST) who was much more useful than Tavai

“to make room for him“ is not accurate . one roster spot still open . more moves to come
Lots going on. Uche on the way back as well. Still thin on perimeter at CB IMO.

A bit bummed about McGrone because I have high hopes for him, but no reason to assume that because he can't get on the field this season (coming off an ACL injury, no less) therefore he won't be any good at some point in the future.

Fingers crossed for coming seasons because he's exactly the type of player this defense needs.

A bit bummed about McGrone because I have high hopes for him, but no reason to assume that because he can't get on the field this season (coming off an ACL injury, no less) therefore he won't be any good at some point in the future.

Fingers crossed for coming seasons because he's exactly the type of player this defense needs.

100%. Simply a fact that there is already a log jam at LB atm.

Great news about Bledsoe. They must like him.

McGrone's ACL might not be 100%. McGrone does not have to go through waivers? I would imagine there are lots more moves coming.

I am sure that activating Uche is preferred over McGrone. McGrone's ACL was about 12 months ago, so he is not 100%. I can not imagine BB activating a rookie that is not 100%. McGrone would not have been practicing for 3 weeks if the coaching staff was not high on him IMO.

PS I think it is exciting to have McGrone and Perkins ready to go next year. Nice to have the luxury of waiting a year to play guys. Hopefully Uche will be up to speed too. That is 3 exciting guys ready to pop in 2022.

I am sure that activating Uche is preferred over McGrone. McGrone's ACL was about 12 months ago, so he is not 100%. I can not imagine BB activating a rookie that is not 100%. McGrone would not have been practicing for 3 weeks if the coaching staff was not high on him IMO.

PS I think it is exciting to have McGrone and Perkins ready to go next year. Nice to have the luxury of waiting a year to play guys. Hopefully Uche will be up to speed too. That is 3 exciting guys ready to pop in 2022.

The key move in this math was the opportunity to bring back Collins. At that point McGrone was as good as redshirted.
Almost perfect health of the group did not help either. Similar goes for Perkins who was actually practicing preseason.

Seems like a bit of ironic development though: instead of Uche developing into Collins role (like his Michigan tape and some reports suggested), he invested most of all to improve pass rush but did not progress in his situational role on improved roster; Perkins who looked predominantly pass rusher in college is now reportedly groomed in a more versatile LB role but needs time, the third young player who could take over much of what Collins did last 2 times here, McGrone, missed all the preseason .. so in the end Collins takes over some of the Collins role :)

In case you need to rile up some more hatred for the Colts. What a jerk.
Gregg Doyel, Indy Star, on twitter
---
Bill Belichick remains smug, Josh McDaniels remains a twerp, and DeflateGate remains fresh. When Patriots visit Colts on Saturday, I hope you boo their ass – and wouldn’t mind if the Colts beat their ass.

Last edited:
---
Bill Belichick remains smug, Josh McDaniels remains a twerp, and DeflateGate remains fresh. When Patriots visit Colts on Saturday, I hope you boo their ass – and wouldn’t mind if the Colts beat their ass.
Thanks for the quote, I wouldn’t pay a cent to read that backwater rag

---

"deflategate remains fresh"

hey not Pats fault people are dumb and refuse to accept ideal gas laws and not their fault his dumb team keeps up a banner to remind them

iu

Few Colts players are saying they will make Patriots '1' dimensional. Force Mac Jones to beat them.....

Is it time to UNLEASH the beast from Mac?

:whistle:

this only goes to show just how far "the other side" is willing to go to spread dangerous misinformation. BTW- I used quotations on "the other side" because I can't exactly explain who the "other side" actually is. Are they PRO-virus, sickness and death? Do they WANT the virus to continue to spread? They are clearly anti-vaccination, DESPITE its clear success at minimizing the effects of Covid. Are the hoping that the continued effects of the spread of the Omicron variant harms the economy to the point the neo-fascist wing of the Republican Party can gain a political advantage, I don't know,

All I know how sad this all makes me feel and how glad I am to be old enough that I won't be around when it all goes to sh!t (at least I hope I'm not, but the way things are going I might just be alive to see the 4th Reich

Think I'm crazy. Hitler came to power in Germany (the most liberal democracy in Europe at the time with the most educated population) by claiming that they would bring ORDER and German Nationalism. He preyed on the fears of the German Public in the middle of a world wide depression and by 1932 the Nazi party was the largest bloc in their "parliament" but not the majority. Most people forget that Hitler DIDN'T win the election in 32, but Von Hindenburg, who was a Popular WWI General who had won the Presidency in 1925. By 34 Hindenburg was dead and Hitler combined the Chancellorship and Presidency and that was the last election in Germany until after WWII.

The Weimar Republic which was establish after WWI was fatally flawed in its set up. It lead to the Government being so fragmented that it was often paralyzed do anything. In order to bring down the Republic, the Nazi's did everything they could to make sure the Government continued to be paralyzed. A government that can't get things done sows anger among the people. When the Nazi's got into full control in a one party system, the good news was things finally got done and people seeing that gave full credit to Hitler, even though he had spent most of the previous decade trying to keep that from happening. They had scapegoats for anything negative that happened (Jews and Communists) and starting building the German War machine to help them dig their way out of the depression.

Folks also forget that there was a significant number of people in the US who supported what was going on in Germany, In 1939 20,000 people filled Madison Square Garden and cheered whlie the head of the German-American Bund spoke of the failures of Franklin D Rosenfeld, decried how he had been represented by the "Jewish controlled press". and how American should be led by a white gentile controlled government, and christian controlled labor unions (as opposed to Jewish/communist" controlled unions. This happened at the same time Hitler was finishing the first 6 of his concentration camps and 7 months before he invaded Poland. Fortunately that was the highlight of Bund's activities and it pretty much ended after the war in Europe started in September of 39.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana,1905

Now we have a former leader who is telling you that everything negative about him in the press is a lie. How the last election is a lie. How he related better to the heads of one party governments than the heads of liberal democracies, He leads a party who's sole mission is to try and keep anything from happening to solve the population's many issues. We have a population that is afraid, split, and looking for "ORDER". And the opposition's party want to make sure they STAY fearful, and blame the new scapegoats, the "jewish controlled press", immigrants, and the poor for every problem we have.

Are you worried yet?

BTW- For the record this is a post that is overly simplistic in its presentation. I probably offended a lot of people and for that I apologize. But the fact is that on a number of times in our short history as an nation state, we have come perilously close to losing the democracy we ALL hold dear. This is just another time we are skating very close to the edge.

I hope we pound those ponies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore