PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice surprise on Bledsoe . pity for Munson (core ST) who was much more useful than Tavai
this could mean Langi is coming back too.

“to make room for him“ is not accurate . one roster spot still open . more moves to come
Munson played 9 snaps in garbage time

this only goes to show just how far "the other side" is willing to go to spread dangerous misinformation. BTW- I used quotations on "the other side" because I can't exactly explain who the "other side" actually is. Are they PRO-virus, sickness and death? Do they WANT the virus to continue to spread? They are clearly anti-vaccination, DESPITE its clear success at minimizing the effects of Covid. Are the hoping that the continued effects of the spread of the Omicron variant harms the economy to the point the neo-fascist wing of the Republican Party can gain a political advantage, I don't know,

All I know how sad this all makes me feel and how glad I am to be old enough that I won't be around when it all goes to sh!t (at least I hope I'm not, but the way things are going I might just be alive to see the 4th Reich

Think I'm crazy. Hitler came to power in Germany (the most liberal democracy in Europe at the time with the most educated population) by claiming that they would bring ORDER and German Nationalism. He preyed on the fears of the German Public in the middle of a world wide depression and by 1932 the Nazi party was the largest bloc in their "parliament" but not the majority. Most people forget that Hitler DIDN'T win the election in 32, but Von Hindenburg, who was a Popular WWI General who had won the Presidency in 1925. By 34 Hindenburg was dead and Hitler combined the Chancellorship and Presidency and that was the last election in Germany until after WWII.

The Weimar Republic which was establish after WWI was fatally flawed in its set up. It lead to the Government being so fragmented that it was often paralyzed do anything. In order to bring down the Republic, the Nazi's did everything they could to make sure the Government continued to be paralyzed. A government that can't get things done sows anger among the people. When the Nazi's got into full control in a one party system, the good news was things finally got done and people seeing that gave full credit to Hitler, even though he had spent most of the previous decade trying to keep that from happening. They had scapegoats for anything negative that happened (Jews and Communists) and starting building the German War machine to help them dig their way out of the depression.

Folks also forget that there was a significant number of people in the US who supported what was going on in Germany, In 1939 20,000 people filled Madison Square Garden and cheered whlie the head of the German-American Bund spoke of the failures of Franklin D Rosenfeld, decried how he had been represented by the "Jewish controlled press". and how American should be led by a white gentile controlled government, and christian controlled labor unions (as opposed to Jewish/communist" controlled unions. This happened at the same time Hitler was finishing the first 6 of his concentration camps and 7 months before he invaded Poland. Fortunately that was the highlight of Bund's activities and it pretty much ended after the war in Europe started in September of 39.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana,1905

Now we have a former leader who is telling you that everything negative about him in the press is a lie. How the last election is a lie. How he related better to the heads of one party governments than the heads of liberal democracies, He leads a party who's sole mission is to try and keep anything from happening to solve the population's many issues. We have a population that is afraid, split, and looking for "ORDER". And the opposition's party want to make sure they STAY fearful, and blame the new scapegoats, the "jewish controlled press", immigrants, and the poor for every problem we have.

Are you worried yet?

BTW- For the record this is a post that is overly simplistic in its presentation. I probably offended a lot of people and for that I apologize. But the fact is that on a number of times in our short history as an nation state, we have come perilously close to losing the democracy we ALL hold dear. This is just another time we are skating very close to the edge.
First, all sides use misinformation to push their cause. Second, you’ve got your sides backwards, the side pushing to take peoples jobs away, shut down the economy and fund big pharma with unending boosters are the side praying on fear.

Lets see if Perkins illness means agreement to free a roster spot (Langi, Uche)

No mention of McGrone, Bledsoe on their deadline prob means they go back to NFI for the rest of the season.

Only 10 on the injury report after a bye week? I was expecting 15.

in an interview yesterday Fauci said " this would not be the first time, if it happened, that a vaccine that looked good in initial safety actually made people worse". he then sites a HIV vaccine that "actually made individuals more likely to get infected."

edit. the interview was not yesterday. not sure exactly when the interview occurred. content is accurate tho
Oh please just ****ING STOP IT.

Fauci said no such thing. I swear that there's an entire industry out there determined to get people killed. That out of context, incomplete, Fauci quote that's flying around is completely misleading, and incredibly dangerous.

I don't want to derail this, but d%#*!@t, STOP IT with the bull!

Oh please just ****ING STOP IT.

Fauci said no such thing. I swear that there's an entire industry out there determined to get people killed. That out of context, incomplete, Fauci quote that's flying around is completely misleading, and incredibly dangerous.

I don't want to derail this, but d%#*!@t, STOP IT with the bull!

He influenced no-one. You influenced no-one as well. I hope you feel better with your $%^&*((^%##.

Some outlandishly stupid posts on this page.

He influenced no-one. You influenced no-one as well. I hope you feel better with your $%^&*((^%##.
If you don't counter the lies, the lies become truth on the minds of many. Soon everyone "knows" someone (who, will, by the 500th recounting) become a dear friend, whose face fell off because he got a vaccine,

Do I feel better? No, I feel worse that I, or anyone, has to counter such insipid and dangerous misinformation in an age when someone spouting such nonsense could take. literally, a minute of their time to check the veracity.

And I would be all for the mods removing evey post on COVID (unless they specifically pertain to the football situation at hand), mine included.

Happy Wednesday everyone, getting you ready for today's schedule:

Bledsoe was activated today.

A bit unexpected but he has fresh legs and at a minimum can help on special teams. More likely he will be a healthy inactive unless they suffer a DB injury. You can never have enough DBs and he has some versatility….he was asked to cover some top slot WRs his senior year at Missouri. They may see him as similar type of player to Mills and Bryant, although he isn’t athletic enough to cover outside receivers.

A bit unexpected but he has fresh legs and at a minimum can help on special teams. More likely he will be a healthy inactive unless they suffer a DB injury. You can never have enough DBs and he has some versatility….he was asked to cover some top slot WRs his senior year at Missouri. They may see him as similar type of player to Mills and Bryant, although he isn’t athletic enough to cover outside receivers.

Yep. Hes basically Bryant's backup but also is the backup to Dugger and Phillips.

I wish Wade was emerging.

Yep. Hes basically Bryant's backup but also is the backup to Dugger and Phillips.

I wish Wade was emerging.

I wonder what’s happening with him. Maybe he’s pushing Mills?

I wonder what’s happening with him. Maybe he’s pushing Mills?
IDK. Good question.

Mills has been serviceable. He certainly hasn't been a playmaker but he plays a ****-ton of zone. Last time he was torched was vs DAL so hes been decent.

I think Wade is super raw. He might still working on his man-to-man technique and doesn't know how to play zone yet here. JC kinda had the same issue his 1st year.

Paywalled so I can't read it but our old buddy Doyel crying again about Deflategate and McDaniels...

I don't get what happened here - I know they booed Luck but was he just on the sidelines and did they make some kind of announcement that he was retiring right there?

Our defense as good as they’ve been in this 7 game win streak, they rank only middle of the pack when it comes to run defense at 19. I know bill likes to take away what the opposing offense does best so I think it’s crucial that Taylor doesn’t just go off against our defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back