PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We traded Collins. One game after the trade what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either BB made a big mistake or we need some serious work on defense.

collins would not have helped

the pats played the seahawks as though they are planning to see them again

Collins was one of the best players on the team even if he was an ahole.

he would not have helped last night

the seahawks had wide open guys even when the pats had 9 in coverage playing a soft zone

something tells me that last nights game plan was to show less than nothing and it succeeded

I'll save my doubt for this team until after they are eliminated from SB contention

he would not have helped last night

the seahawks had wide open guys even when the pats had 9 in coverage playing a soft zone

something tells me that last nights game plan was to show less than nothing and it succeeded

I'll save my doubt for this team until after they are eliminated from SB contention

You really believe that? The defensive personnel on this team's not the same as last year especially on the d line. Tom and this offense will have to move the ball. They always struggle against physical d lines. They still have games against the jests, donkey's and ravens who have good d lines.

Should have traded Patricia instead.

Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed Logan Ryan's performance.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed all the tackles Seattle broke.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed the piss poor defensive line performance.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed Matt Patricia's passive scheme.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed the turnovers on offense.

I would argue that a little JCollins free-lancing would have resulted in an improvement in all but the "broken tackles" issue.

It certainly couldn't be any worse.

Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed Logan Ryan's performance.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed all the tackles Seattle broke.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed the piss poor defensive line performance.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed Matt Patricia's passive scheme.
Jamie Collins wouldn't have fixed the turnovers on offense.
Couldn't have said it better. That team on the field last night sucked. Period. We are doomed with these corners. I think the team can overcome all the other issues. These corners can't just sit back and wait for the WR's to catch the ball and then tackle them. The bend, don't break is busted. Total lack of effort from the corners. Even Butler, who I think is very good, had a horrible night. Any decent offense will kill us. Let's just hope it was a rare stinker, (I hate how they play after byes). It's going to take a big turn around from last night. 1 or 2 talented players would not, and will not change that

Utter tripe. 1 game's results mean nothing. Check in at the end of the year and then we'll all have a better handle on things.

Good thing they waited the entire 2003 season to hand out the Lombardi, and not immediately after one game without Milloy.

As much as there is a tendency to blame this loss on the trade of Collins it is difficult to see that evidence.. IMO the game was pretty evenly played.. total yards Seattle 420.. Pats 385, TOP Seattle 30:25.. Pats 29.35. Seattle gave up just about as many yards as did the Pats, was the Seattle defense bad also??

There are also two glaring turnovers one by Brady and one by Edelman.. usually in the NFL the team with the least amount of turnovers, has the highest chance of winning.

You need to take your logic and your reason and your common sense and get the **** out of here. Patsfans doesn't need that crap.

Had nothing to do with the loss last night..mental mistakes by Pats..fumbles and secondary getting lost

The one area we are heavily lacking and nobody is talking about is the lack of any kind of play making from the safeties DMC & Harmon. When is the last time we've seen either guy break up a pass or make an impactful hit. I think the passive D and fear of the big play is crippling any talent this team may have.

Unless Collins was playing Logan Ryan's position the trade had no bearing on last nights game.

eh..Collins changes nothing in last nights game. The defense has some young players in key positions, they will take time, thats how it works. I do think they will get better, I hate the bye because while guys get healthy taking that time off screws things up IMHO. Oh and it isnt all on Ryan, there were a lot of plays other guys screwed up, I would say Butler didnt play great either in coverage.

These Rutgers boys suck, there i said it. I HATE it in the draft when Bill thinks he's cleverer than everyone else and sacrifices best available to grab no names that just don't help.

Let's be very clear his 'shrewd' moves (if that's what you want to call them) aren't the reason we win, Tom Brady is. Honestly the amount of deficiencies on this team that #12 hides is incredible, if he didn't play to greatest ever standard every week then these flaws would be questioned, because he does they don't ever ask why bums like Ryan and Harmon and the lack of a pass rush for years keep happening.

What's worse is that he gives up 2 STUDS in Collins and Jones who are worth the genuine 1st/2nd round price we drafted them with for NOTHING. But i guess it's ok because Tom will save us like always.

My thought is that Collins wasn't the problem with the defense.

here are my thoughts. the d sucked before the trade and the d sucks after the trade.

Wait and see. Not happy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore