PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We traded Collins. One game after the trade what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on with Mingo ? He couldn't even garner a Ayers-esque role after 10 full weeks in the organization despite his terrific athleticism. I thought he looked promising enough in preseason to get some defensive snaps after the Collins trade. He may not/not yet/never be a 3-down LB, but i'm sure he couldn't do any worse than Shea McClellin, at least on 3rd downs...

Except that Collins is much faster and bigger than Roberts...so, yeah.

Didn't help on Lynch in the SB or on Daniels in last year's AFCCG. Not sure why you'd assume that he could run with a former WR. But I guess it makes for a nice Anti BB narrative.

It's hard to justify the Jamie Collins Trade, the fact of the matter is Trading him away for Absolutely NOTHING weakens us and it showed last night. We Lost Two SB's with the Defense we fielded last night. We better hope we have the ball last to have a chance of winning against good Teams. We now have a Cardiac Defense!
Allotta drama in your post..

Didn't help on Lynch in the SB or on Daniels in last year's AFCCG. Not sure why you'd assume that he could run with a former WR. But I guess it makes for a nice Anti BB narrative.

Except that has never been my style. Mankind and Seymour are the only 2 moves I've had real problems with.

Yes. Collins may not have made plays....but we know who didn't make plays

Except that has never been my style. Mankind and Seymour are the only 2 moves I've had real problems with.

Yes. Collins may not have made plays....but we know who didn't make plays

I am not accusing you of an Anti BB narrative so sorry if it came out like that but it looks to me that this season especially a ****ton of fans and media are out to get BB because he is a different kind of person than most coaches and those trades/cuts give them the ammunition to do so. Even if we win the SB I expect some fans and mediots to bring it up and say we did it despite his decisions.

I am just tired of all that schadenfreude from people over the situation.

I get that they wanted to trade Collins, but trading him to the Browns was not good especially for basically nothing.
It was like cutting Underwood hours before Superbowl. It is just not good karma.
This defense is bad. Makes me shudder thinking about what kind of offense the Texans have. What I saw in the Dolphins game during the second half is real and not an anomaly with or without Collins.

other than a little Collins is gone hangover I dont think much at this point....imho only time will tell. I do think the defense is going to be ok though.

He wouldn't of helped tonight doing stupid ****, we should have traded him for any decent corner.
Interesting you say this. I find that I was more disappointed with the compensation than the trade itself. Couldn't we have gotten more? I guess not since we didn't?

You are kidding right ? The wheel route was something he never improved upon since his rookie year. Hope there is some sarcasm in there.

No sarcasm at all..

Whether he struggled with the wheel route or not, he was by far our best coverage LB, and we let him go.

There's only one stat that matters, and that's points per game. Can anyone tell me the number of PPG that the Pats have given up since Collins was traded? Anyone?

These guys can!

Attachments

• 28ppg.jpg
    28ppg.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 3
No sarcasm at all..

Whether he struggled with the wheel route or not, he was by far our best coverage LB, and we let him go.

I think we like to think that Collins is a pretty good coverage LB because of his amazing athleticism ect. but it seems to me like he took the cheese way too often which I attribute to a lack of watching tape (preparation !) since he didn't care as much about football as many others in Foxboro.

Again, I am not saying he is a bad player but it seems like he hit a developmental wall in certain important areas due to his attitude towards the game.

Last edited:
Everybody on defense better start stepping up. The defensive line could play more physical not making it diffficult for our backfield.

Yeah I am not gonna blame that loss on Collins it was Baldwin that burned us for 3 TD's. We honestly have a below average secondary and an average front 7. So we basically have a slightly below average defense. If Collin Kaperdick lights up the secondary and throws for 2-3 TD's and a 70% completion rate.. I will start panicking. As of right now our offense has to be lights out and mistake free to win the SB, until I see otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes