PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he said about Tyler Boyd...False Confidence.

He bought into his press clippings and the DPOY talk. He's got a good chance of getting roasted again this weekend.

Nope. Not happening. He knows what he did and didn’t do.

2012 Ravens. Despite being 8-2, all their defensive stars were hurt, Flacco was atrocious, and they were overall just putrid. They would go on to three straight losses and four out of the last five games; however at Qualcomm Stadium on November 25, they miraculously took the Chargers into overtime with a field goal by Tucker. The field goal was set up by conversion of a 4th and 29 play where Joe Flacco completed a short pass to Ray Rice and Rice raced 29 yards on the ground for the first down, which would become the 2012 best play of the year (Or worst, that is, for the Patriots). With the surprising 16-13 win, the Ravens moved 9–2, getting revenge for the previous year's loss in San Diego on Sunday Night Football. You know what happened after that.
Didn’t BAL fire their OC mid season that year? Then, they turned it around late in the season. I may be confusing this with another year..

Didn’t BAL fire their OC mid season that year? Then, they turned it around late in the season. I may be confusing this with another year..

Indeed they did fire their O.C. I think it was after they got throttled by Denver at home. They needed a spark. And got it.

Considering Brady has been one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL against the blitz, that’s what I would expect as well. Lots of Cover-0/Cover-1. Bracket Edelman (who may not even need to be bracketed at this point) and force the ball elsewhere.

Amazing that we are saying that. It wasn’t too long ago blitzing Brady was suicide because he would tear them a new one if they did. Hopefully they get back to that again with health, adjustments and sone new faces. Oh, and I want Andrews back too.

So many blown opportunities. Not happy, but if we can't beat one of those teams, then we most likely couldn't beat the top tier teams even after a bye. Time to step up.
Look, if everybody's so ga-ga about having a bye, we'll get one on January 26th.

So then we can rest & recover etc. etc.

Sheesh.

We need to focus on just playing better
Thank you.

First of all, the mediots all inspire me to utilize a bunch of expletives which I will not in the presence of a woman. Fauria totally given up. Reiss says "biggest upset of the season, worst upset loss for Patriots since 1978". Worse than hyperbole, just wrong. 1/16/11 vs. Jets at home. Super Bowl 42.

We stop them with seconds left, we're on track to Miami.

They score, and the whole team is trash.

One of the many things I like about this team is we have lots of experience in close, tight games.

I'm proud of how we fought yesterday, came back and took the lead near the end.

I'm confident the offense will produce Saturday night. The defense needs to back each other up, and believe in themselves. Every team from now on will try to run on us.

Saturday Night Special!

Then we're on to punish KC for that fake win here.

Thank you.

First of all, the mediots all inspire me to utilize a bunch of expletives which I will not in the presence of a woman. Fauria totally given up. Reiss says "biggest upset of the season, worst upset loss for Patriots since 1978". Worse than hyperbole, just wrong. 1/16/11 vs. Jets at home. Super Bowl 42.

One of the many things I like about this team is we have lots of experience in close, tight games.

I'm confident the offense will produce Saturday night. The defense needs to back each other up, and believe in themselves. Every team from now on will try to run on us.

Saturday Night Special!

As i mentioned in earlier, it depends what mindset the players are in.If they were preparing to be off next week and now suddenly have to realize to play on a short week,then you dont know how much it will effect them. Its really about moving past this game and focusing on playing next week. The veterans are saying all the right things but this team is as inconsistent as a patriot team i have seen. So who knows what is their mental focus right now. Moping on a rest week or turning the page to prep for the titans.

Too soon? :D
2019-12-30-PatsWildCard2.png

OT:

Last edited:
Thank you.

Saturday Night Special!

It’s easy to play when nothing is at stake. If you screw up - big deal. Performing when it really matters, I know the Pats can do that. They may win or lose, but I think they will play well. Tennessee will have to earn it.

What can get the defensive back to midseason form and midseason focus better then an embarrassing gut punch from the Dolphins?

This defense had thoughts of 'goat' just mere weeks ago. Was that all an illusion? Doubt it

If this team has the character and heart of a champion like we all think/thought they did, then hitting rock bottom might be the medicine they needed to rise up big.

It's counterintuitive(especially with a banged up Edelman) but..

Just maybe it's better to go to Arrowhead then have the bye, if it means they play their most inspired game of the season this Saturday.. could be a new emotion for the locker room that would have never gotten started if not for Miami.

I wouldn't put it past this team to make serious run

But why 2009, KC wasn't in the playoffs.

Ha funny. And because 2009 was the last time the Patriots played in this type of game. So it's a historical reference.

What can get the defensive back to midseason form and midseason focus better then an embarrassing gut punch from the Dolphins?

This defense had thoughts of 'goat' just mere weeks ago. Was that all an illusion? Doubt it

If this team has the character and heart of a champion like we all think/thought they did, then hitting rock bottom might be the medicine they needed to rise up big.

It's counterintuitive(especially with a banged up Edelman) but..

Just maybe it's better to go to Arrowhead then have the bye, if it means they play their most inspired game of the season this Saturday.. could be a new emotion for the locker room that would have never gotten started if not for Miami.

I wouldn't put it past this team to make serious run

I think it was an illusion to think any defense in this day in age could be GOAT. This one included. They've been exposed against top tier teams. That's worrysome. Specifically the Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo, and Miami game. And Cincinnati until the Bengals threw up on themselves.

Patriots teams in the past have always gotten better as the season went on. But this one hasn't. And motivation can only go so far. Maybe this roster, specifically the offense, isn't good enough. Yesterday was definitely shocking. As pessimistic as I am, I never gave one thought to the idea this team could lose to Miami at home. None. It was truly one of the most shocking NFL upsets in the last decade.

I know people will thrash me for being a debbie downer. But what evidence have we seen that they can magically turn this around? What offensive player are defenses game planning to defend on this team? Double JE 11. Play man. Defenses know that there isn't a deep threat receiver. They know that when Michel is in the game it's a hand off to him. Or, an attempted play action pass. He's no threat whatsoever in the passing game. I just want an x's and o's detail as to how this team would pull this off? That's a general question. Not directly meant for you.

Too tired to really explain but Pats need to work on their on game, mainly defense tbh more than look at Titans tape. Titans offense isn't going to surprise us but we have to fix/play a lil different Sat. I say fix/play bc it might not be a fix but rather the all out/ kamikaze style we play with at times. I could see an aggressive front with a more conservative approach in the back end. Hopefully I get out early tomorrow & can post some clips I'm too exhausted rn.

Too tired to really explain but Pats need to work on their on game, mainly defense tbh more than look at Titans tape. Titans offense isn't going to surprise us but we have to fix/play a lil different Sat. I say fix/play bc it might not be a fix but rather the all out/ kamikaze style we play with at times. I could see an aggressive front with a more conservative approach in the back end. Hopefully I get out early tomorrow & can post some clips I'm too exhausted rn.
we did blitz plenty yesterday, which is usually what people would associate with an aggressive game plan. we just weren't good enough

we did blitz plenty yesterday, which is usually what people would associate with an aggressive game plan. we just weren't good enough
Yea I'm speaking & maybe should have be clearer abt our secondary.

Again I'd keep our front aggressive but we've gone all out at times jumping/cutting routes. Also some tendencies have been figured out. Biting on fakes/doubles (JJ), giving up inside leverage/inside routes (Gilly), too aggressive off comebacks (Jackson), TE's have been a problem. Good teams have found a way to exploit certain parts of our defense. I think we need to switch up a few things. Tinker not an overhaul. And show some different looks on Sat. Again I'll try to post some clips tomorrow if someone else doesn't. I'm too tired have to wake up at 5am.

There was a good amount of holding and hands to the face that went uncalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results