PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Cincinnati...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 19-6 slog through the mud win next week..."anytime you can win on the road in this league it's good"....

After 19-6 slog through the mud win next week..."anytime you can win on the road in this league it's good"....
Just for your health i hope they lose 19-6 next week or win 2-0 :)

There have been plenty of posts about how we didn’t really have any competition etc, especially after KC started to fade a few weeks ago. It’s generally been thought that BAL/NE/KC made up a top heavy conference and that the NFC was much better seeds 1-6, and that’s exactly how it looks.
Head to head does not look that way.

Top 6 vs Top 6 playoff teams for each conf.

SF- Lost to BAL
SEA- Lost to BAL
NO- Beat HOU
GB- Beat KC w/o Mahomes
MN- Lost to @KC
DAL- Lost to @NE, BUF

The Bengals will bring pressure and Ferentz and Cannon will look
like turnstiles all game long.

Head to head does not look that way.

Top 6 vs Top 6 playoff teams for each conf.

SF- Lost to BAL
SEA- Lost to BAL
NO- Beat HOU
GB- Beat KC w/o Mahomes
MN- Lost to @KC
DAL- Lost to @NE, BUF
I’m just saying that it’s been discussed at length how the NFC seems to be a better conference this year, and how the AFC barely even offers any competition to NE. Those threads and posts have been popping up since the summer.

Obviously, I suspect that many people have changed their minds about the last statement seeing as how the Pats have lost to Baltimore, Houston, and Kansas City.

I’m just saying that it’s been discussed at length how the NFC seems to be a better conference this year, and how the AFC barely even offers any competition to NE. Those threads and posts have been popping up since the summer.

Obviously, I suspect that many people have changed their minds about the last statement seeing as how the Pats have lost to Baltimore, Houston, and Kansas City.
The optics of losing to BAL, HOU and KC are terrible. Thank god its in the regular season.

Now we are 2-3 against winning teams....and 8-0 against everyone else.

We are 2-3 in our last five games over six weeks. 2-1 in November and 0-2 in December.

If we finish 2-1 with a loss vs. the Bills at Gillette, we are looking at playing on Wild Card weekend......maybe even on the road!

If we lose to the Bills and the Steelers grab the 6th and final spot...we will be 2-4 against all AFC play-off teams.....

Nothing to boost your spirits after a bad month of offensive football by playing a team that's already given up.

We have the Bills and then pray a switch turns on with this team. I never count these guys out, but son of a ***** this team is just eating at me this year, it's just hard to be confident. I dont think ive ever had this feeling when watching the offense that I pray they do something -- used to assume 3 pts every drive.

This year is just bothering me (like the end of last years regular season). :(

Is it time to pull the plug on Sony and play Bolden instead? He’s been a much better player in his second stint than his first stint. He’s looked a lot faster since he went to Miami.

Not totally on Sony but he’s getting nothing on the ground and is totally inept in the passing game. Bolden is at least a solid receiver and good blocker. Need to be a little less predictable.

Last edited:
Now we are 2-3 against winning teams....and 8-0 against everyone else.

We are 2-3 in our last five games over six weeks. 2-1 in November and 0-2 in December.

If we finish 2-1 with a loss vs. the Bills at Gillette, we are looking at playing on Wild Card weekend......maybe even on the road!

If we lose to the Bills and the Steelers grab the 6th and final spot...we will be 2-4 against all AFC play-off teams.....

If we finish 2-1 with a loss to the Bills, we still win the division. We still have a bye unless the Chiefs go 3-0.

Is it time to pull the plug on Sony and play Bolden instead? He’s been a much better player in his second stint than his first stint. He’s looked a lot faster since he went to Miami.

In here with the “What about Damien Harris?” before someone else chimes in.

In here with the “What about Damien Harris?” before someone else chimes in.
Can he catch or pass block? Added to my post that Bolden being a solid receiver and pass blocker makes the offense less predictable. Sony can’t catch or run routes.

Can he catch or pass block? Added to my post that Bolden being a solid receiver and pass blocker makes the offense less predictable. Sony can’t catch or run routes.

Maybe we should actually activate him and find out.

Not totally on Sony but he’s getting nothing on the ground and is totally inept in the passing game. Bolden is at least a solid receiver and good blocker. Need to be a little less predictable.
I’ve been saying this for a while now. Or at least give the majority of carries to Burkhead who runs hard and decisively even with poor blocking.

Sony Maroney is a bust. I at least have some faith that first round pick Harry could become something in the future but Bustchel is what he is. It’s time to bench him.

I think that we are guaranteed of the #2 seed if we win out.

Obviously the refs cost us that game, but we still have a shot at the 2 seed if we win out...the rest of the games are winnable.

78350514_2338391336265743_8597133369504956416_o.jpg

That is not true. Please do not assume winning during the playoffs is some sort of birth right because it is not.

It also diminishes the accomplishment of getting to 8 straight AFFCG, if you assume everything before that is a foregone conclusion. What this team has done the last ten years is HARD, and shouldn't be taken for granted.

If we finish 2-1 with a loss to the Bills, we still win the division. We still have a bye unless the Chiefs go 3-0.

Nope, the Bills win the division. In that scenario....ASSUMING Buffalo goes 3-0...both of us would be 12-4 and 5-1 in the division...but the Bills would be 9-3 in the conference vs. our 8-4.

Basically,

W @ Cincinnati = #5 seed
W @CIN and BUF = AFC East Champion and #3 seed.
W @CIN, BUF, and MIA = #2 seed and a BYE

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back