PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all want 6 but how important is it to Brady/BB/Franchise Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want 6? I want 7.

Well I hate to look more than 1 super bowl ahead particularly when not on the door step of winning another but to me 7 would be more important than 6. There is only 1 record left to break and it requires 7. And tying a record is good but breaking it is the whole point :p

Brady and BB are already cemented as the best ever in their respective rule. 6 and utlimately 7 would cement the Pats as the greatest franchise ever. Let's catch AND beat Pittsburgh :)

it means nothing to Brady/BB legacy, theirs is cemented and will probably never again be threatened by anyone in modern day NFL

HOWEVER
as a franchise, and just for fun...i want three more things to happen
1. we win SB next year to make it 3/4 again, and tie w/ steelers at 6 for most as a team
2. we go 19-0 two years from now to be undefeated & win 3 SB in a row (never been done) & embarrass the giants in the SB to do it & get #7 making Patriots team having the most lombardis in NFL

but those things are a pipedream for the most part and i accept that...from this point on Im going to gloat and be happy and talk up the patriots and BB and Brady as much as possible, b/c we only have a few years left w/ them

but if those things happened, it would be mind blowing

um.. can we enjoy #5 this week ? we always have time beginning next week to ponder these things

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
6 does not matter to any legacy. This was the game that separates Tom and Bill from everyone else. THIS WAS THE GAME!
6 matters to franchise SB wins.
It would be pretty cool for Brady and BB to have as many in 18 years as any franchise has in 52.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the game that puts Tom and Bill in the pro football* firmament forever and always. Anything else is gravy, and I'm glad of that because I can enjoy it without any pressure ever again :D

* I refuse to sully my post with the league name.

I could have written this post word for word.

Brady *destroyed* the GOAT comparisons with Montana last night.

Regards,
Chris

I could have written this post word for word.

Brady *destroyed* the GOAT comparisons with Montana last night.

Regards,
Chris

And it should be said that takes NOTHING away from what Montana did. Hell of a player and will go down on the Mt Rushmore of football rightfully.

This cements it.

Especially the way it was won. Everyones knock before was "Patriots won on field goals"... "Patriots only won because Seattle made the worst play call ever"....

There's really NOTHING anyone can say about this one. Coming back from a 25-point deficit in the 2nd half. Brady winning it with a vintage championship drive in Overtime.

The only thing they could possibly add is a Super Bowl win over the Giants.
The Giants were kryptonite for the 49ers of Montana's era beating them 3 times in the playoffs and the Pats twice..... Eli has 4 one and dones and 2 Super Bowl rings with ( 4 games to glory twice)...Beating them would be sweet.....but I'll enjoy #5 for a while before getting started with,
" no tricks, we want #6"

Tom needs a new wardrobe.

20150416-bradyshirt-thumb.jpg

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,ffffff.jpg

Reactions: Ian
Brady needs #6 - if for any reason but to get that chump Charles Haley off his plateau and down to the lower level - can't have anyone tie Brady with SB Rings

The only thing they could possibly add is a Super Bowl win over the Giants.

I honestly can't think of anything else there is for them.

Not that it will slow them down.

Seeing Strahan do the Walk of Shame was good enough for me :D

Their legacies are set. It's just playing for fun now. And while it would be fun for them, winning another would crush the souls of the rest of the league. It would be sweet.

Brady needs #6 - if for any reason but to get that chump Charles Haley off his plateau and down to the lower level - can't have anyone tie Brady with SB Rings

Haley Shmaley, I barely even remember the name :cool:

Last edited:
Well I hate to look more than 1 super bowl ahead particularly when not on the door step of winning another but to me 7 would be more important than 6. There is only 1 record left to break and it requires 7. And tying a record is good but breaking it is the whole point :p

Pitt needed two "dynasties", and neither were 5ers. Good enough for me.

The thing is, we are poised to load up for our 6th win, so why not? Let the team be greedy, and go for 6. We as fans can be selfish. The thing is, the team is already thinking way above what we can imagine going into next season. The goal for them is the Superbowl. That includes Brady. That includes the guys that learned how to win this year. We are very, young, with some draft moves/ trades coming up. I hate to say it, but we're 5 weeks behind the other teams getting ready for 2017 (LOL). I think we'll catch up pretty well.

P.S. for the rest of my life I will not be able to see the number 466 without laughing my ass off. Insane!

And it should be said that takes NOTHING away from what Montana did. Hell of a player and will go down on the Mt Rushmore of football rightfully.
We will never know how Montana's career would have gone if he wasn't able to keep all the studs around him all those years since there was no Salary cap like there is today and where teams simply cant keep large nucleus of talent anymore on the same team with major sacrifices to the other 80% of the roster.

Brady stands far above the rest for this very reason

Not to take away anything from Joe Montana because he was one of the greatest ever to play the position,but one has to wonder how he would have fared with most of his team moving in and out of the roster like it happens today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back