PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Urban Meyer says Tim Tebow still hopes for a career in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow is the biggest joke of an athlete since that 3 foot tall batter the Oakland a's used in the 1970s. He's a publicity stunt. His fans are delusional.

I can understand those who are his fans, since he's easy to like and seems to be a very good "person" in the truest definition. It can't be argued that he's an excellent human being, and that the world would probably be a better place with more Tim Tebows in it.

Now...as a football player, he is quite a limited talent at his desired position of QB, so in that aspect I agree with you 100%.

Can Meyer relay Hernandez's desires to play in the NFL again?

Regards,
Chris

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

I specifically remember where Belichick was saying that there was nobody going up to other players and clapping them on the back after they made a big play, this was a couple of years back.

There are lots of players who are drafted and pretty highly that are not team captains. Its not always the case that the best players are team captains.

Its not an anecdotal example by any stretch, its a response to one that you made.

Of course it's anecdotal.
You are simply stating things without establishing any relevance.

Again if you were right at least 1 of 32 teams would want him

A Football Life: Tebow the quarterback - NFL RUSH. Steve Young and a few others talk about Tebow.

Steve Young said "what I have a firm belief in now and seeing him up close and personal. He can do the job. He has the natural throwing talent to actually play QB in the NFL, drop back 40 times, and be efficient, and be good at it and then possibly great at it. He's got technical flaws that need to get fixed. Sometimes you just have to go backwards to go forward."

Roger Staubach said "Tim I think you should just continue the great example that you are and I know that you are living that example. You'll continue to develop and become one of the great NFL QBs. You have the physical ability and you're mentally tough."

A Football Life: Tebow the quarterback - NFL RUSH. Steve Young and a few others talk about Tebow.

Steve Young said "what I have a firm belief in now and seeing him up close and personal. He can do the job. He has the natural throwing talent to actually play QB in the NFL, drop back 40 times, and be efficient, and be good at it and then possibly great at it. He's got technical flaws that need to get fixed. Sometimes you just have to go backwards to go forward."

Roger Staubach said "Tim I think you should just continue the great example that you are and I know that you are living that example. You'll continue to develop and become one of the great NFL QBs. You have the physical ability and you're mentally tough."

Wow, all that support and he isn't even trying to get back to the NFL.

Wow, all that support and he isn't even trying to get back to the NFL.

Tim is working as analyst and working out on the side trying to improve his skills as a football player. Just because he took a job as an analyst doesn't mean he has stopped working out or given up on the dream etc. His ESPN contract has an out clause in that if he gets a call from an NFL team down the line he can leave the analyst job. Tim is still working on bettering himself as a football player and is hoping to get back in the NFL again someday.

Tim is working as analyst and working out on the side trying to improve his skills as a football player. Just because he took a job as an analyst doesn't mean he has stopped working out or given up on the dream etc. His ESPN contract has an out clause in that if he gets a call from an NFL team down the line he can leave the analyst job. Tim is still working on bettering himself as a football player and is hoping to get back in the NFL again someday.

Sitting out the season to do commentary and commercials when he could have gone to the CFL, won a job, and showed he had improved enough to get another shot in the NFL, is not working to win a job in the NFL. Warren Moon is a HOF QB and the CFL was good enough for him but apparently it is below Tebow, and for someone with his reputation for "humility" and his work ethic that is impossible to square. The only thing i take away from it is that he feels he should be handed a job in the NFL because he's Tim Tebow, and if he hasn't figured it out already he soon will, as no one is going to do that.

I can understand those who are his fans, since he's easy to like and seems to be a very good "person" in the truest definition. It can't be argued that he's an excellent human being, and that the world would probably be a better place with more Tim Tebows in it.

Now...as a football player, he is quite a limited talent at his desired position of QB, so in that aspect I agree with you 100%.

I agree with this, he is in all likelihood a really good person and he's a clearly a really good athlete. My problem with him is the elitist approach to becoming an NFL QB that he is taking. If he doesn't want to be one that's fine, but if he wants it as bad as he has led his fans to believe he wants it then you would absolutely think he would be exploring every avenue that could give him that opportunity. Instead he's doing TV and commercials and appearances, and no one can honestly say that is the way to get yourself on an NFL roster. Tebow needed to get himself one more serious chance, and had he wanted that he would have gone and worked his ass off playing for a CFL team, which has been a viable route to the NFL for many good NFL players, but apparently below Tebow. I don't see any team bringing him in to camp after a year off, and if he goes one more season without playing then imo his career as a player. The only route he has at this point is the CFL, there's simply no other way he can convince an NFL team to bring him in.

And I hope to win the Powerball lottery & convince Gisele to leave Tom for me. Seems my "hopes" are far more realistic than Mr. Tebow's.

Just a question how does he plan on being noticed by a team. Shouldn't he have become a back up for someone in the NFL just to keep his name in the system and keep playing in a little game situations and practice time. I don't think I've ever heard about a NFL player who has left the league then came back and became a starter.

Sitting out the season to do commentary and commercials when he could have gone to the CFL, won a job, and showed he had improved enough to get another shot in the NFL, is not working to win a job in the NFL. Warren Moon is a HOF QB and the CFL was good enough for him but apparently it is below Tebow, and for someone with his reputation for "humility" and his work ethic that is impossible to square. The only thing i take away from it is that he feels he should be handed a job in the NFL because he's Tim Tebow, and if he hasn't figured it out already he soon will, as no one is going to do that.

You probably make a lot more money doing commercials, tv and entertainment than doing CFL football. If he wants to get his foot in the door right now for a television career the rest of his life, I don't blame him. For an entertainment career, now is the time while he's popular. Tebow is most likely done with football in the NFL. CFL is a longshot for getting back to the NFL. I don't think success in minor league football will change anybody's mind. He would probably win there too. But the NFL coaches have already decided they don't want him and they are looking at the next young crop of qb's. That's ok, Tebow's backup plan is television and not CFL. Who cares? It's funny you attack his character that he's "too good" for CFL or that you claim he feels he shouldn't have to earn an NFL job.

Of course it's anecdotal.
You are simply stating things without establishing any relevance.

Again if you were right at least 1 of 32 teams would want him
Please point out where I need to 'establish relevance'?

If men from Mars landed and were trying to figure out football from watching Tebow play, they'd think the object of the QB is to throw the ball to the other team or into the ground or occassionally over everyone's head.

No one is arguing the success he had in Denver. What we are saying is that if he wanted to be a football player he would not be a broadcaster. He would hone his skills in the CFL or play a different position. He's a selfish, ego-maniac who i lost all respect for.

Lol, you never had any respect for him anyway.

Lol, you never had any respect for him anyway.

Don't worry, the FIRE still BURNS inside young TIMMY. He needs to keep that meme up. If he fails again, even some of his fans might start to doubt him.

This is where his religious background helps him. Many of his fans have been taught to "have faith" in spite of the evidence. The more evidence against them, the more they need to double down on "faith". So the worse he plays the more faith they have in TIMMY!

I remember reading one fan rave about how he's really improving..."He threw a REALLY NICE SPIRAL on that one pass last night!!". Umm...that pass was over the receiver's head and an interception though. "SO! First he'll get the spiral part down and then he'll work on getting it to the right team!".

You can't make this stuff up.

Please point out where I need to 'establish relevance'?

Don't worry about it. Andy thinks that Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton would have won all those games too. Andy also thinks throwing 1 interception in those 8 wins is insignificant. Andy also thinks Tebow sucked at clutchtime in those 4th quarter wins. Any backup quarterback out there would be expected to turn that team around like that once he was made starter.

Don't worry, the FIRE still BURNS inside young TIMMY. He needs to keep that meme up. If he fails again, even some of his fans might start to doubt him.

This is where his religious background helps him. Many of his fans have been taught to "have faith" in spite of the evidence. The more evidence against them, the more they need to double down on "faith". So the worse he plays the more faith they have in TIMMY!

I remember reading one fan rave about how he's really improving..."He threw a REALLY NICE SPIRAL on that one pass last night!!". Umm...that pass was over the receiver's head and an interception though. "SO! First he'll get the spiral part down and then he'll work on getting it to the right team!".

You can't make this stuff up.

Sounds like your real issue is with Christianity. That's fine, but that's in the religious subforum.

Sounds like your real issue is with Christianity. That's fine, but that's in the religious subforum.

I don't have an issue with Christianity. I think the irrational thought patterns of his fans in regards to Tebow (many of whom are religious) mirror that of religion. When evidence challenges your faith, the more you should double down and ignore it.

Tebow throws it over the receiver's head! "Brilliant! Go Timmy!"

Tebow stares down his primary receiver and gets sacked! "No biggee, that was the line's fault!".

Timmy interception! "Nice spiral Timmy!".

Tebow is the biggest joke of an athlete since that 3 foot tall batter the Oakland a's used in the 1970s. He's a publicity stunt. His fans are delusional.

Agreed 100%

Just a question how does he plan on being noticed by a team. Shouldn't he have become a back up for someone in the NFL just to keep his name in the system and keep playing in a little game situations and practice time. I don't think I've ever heard about a NFL player who has left the league then came back and became a starter.

He couldn't be a back up because not a single one of the 32 teams wanted him as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back