PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Official Preseason Game 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laces out, kick's in

Nicely done

I didn't think he'd be fully healthy by now

I most certainly was in the camp of having him PUP until later this year. Had no idea he was this healthy. Shocked (pleasantly so) to see this tonight!

Shoutout to all the DT haters! You know who you are...

Even with 4 of those guys with White coming out of the backfield is a great receiving group.
If Michel can be a decent pass catcher, I have visions of a pony package with Michel and White in the backfield, Gordon and Thomas out wide and Edelman in the slot. Even with no TEs on the field, those WRs can block just fine on a run option.

Duke over the back.

Stidham depending on his feet too much, tonight. Has to learn to stay in the pocket and step up into it.

Someone needs to cut Nink and Zo off. Seems they each had about 6 too many.

I'm not being negative. I'm just not blowing the kid the way some others here are doing. This isn't about keeping a smile on a player's face, or making silly posters feel better about a binky. This is about whether or not the kid is ready to be the QB2.

Exactly what of Brian Hoyer is giving you the impression that the bar is all that high?

Dawson is so gone.

I asked this question a few days back, and I think tonight has people's minds a bit more ready for it. It's a serious question, not an attempt at humor:

Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Dorsett
Harry/Meyer

If the Patriots go 5 WR like that, and the players are playing at a level which can be reasonably expected, which NFL teams have the DBs to cover that?

The size alone -- and it's not the size alone.

I'm sitting here giggling while watching DT look like DT. This WR group could be astounding.

I do agree with you, though...that floor's a long way down.

He's not playing tonight, but I think he deserves another shout out, so:

Props to Shelton, who really looks as if he decided to take football seriously. He looks so much better than he did last year that I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play. And, after last year, that's a hell of a change.
Apparently that’s exactly what happened. Article somewhere (forget where or I’d link) that talked about how having a meh year was a wake up call to him.

Well, #24 just got himself cut

Shoutout to all the DT haters! You know who you are...
giphy.gif

Well Skipper finished the hell out of that block.

Feels like a 23-0 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore