PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unofficial Official Preseason Game 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Belichicks's post game presser with a drink in my hand. The only way to do it.

I think the press corp is afraid to ask questions, they're so intimidated by him. I wish they would have asked him about the bogus blind side hit penalty on Gunner.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Newsflash:

Tom Brady was the QB4, not the QB2, in his rookie season.
I was gonna let you handle that one. And as usual, you did not disappoint.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Newsflash:

Tom Brady was the QB4, not the QB2, in his rookie season.

Not in ‘01 he wasn’t. That is when he took over. I bet if he had taken over in ‘00 he would have been pretty good as well.

Nice try.

The Felgeloid is going to be positively putrid tomorrow...only to be outdone by Phony Tony Gasbaggarotti the squeaky little mouseman

Watching Belichicks's post game presser with a drink in my hand. The only way to do it.

I think the press corp is afraid to ask questions, they're so intimidated by him. I wish they would have asked him about the bogus blind side hit penalty on Gunner.
I don’t know about intimidated. I just think they don’t expect him to give any sound bites after 20 years.

Not in ‘01 he wasn’t. That is when he took over. I bet if he had taken over in ‘00 he would have been pretty good as well.

Nice try.

I'd tell you that you're making an ass out of yourself, but I'm sure that you already know that, so let's try this again, one last time, before I just end up deciding whether to speak to you in the appropriate manner (though that will get me banned) or to put you on ignore because of your consistently ridiculous posts on this topic:

In 2000, Brady's first year, he wasn't ready to be the backup, so he wasn't the backup.

Now, with me already having given you the answers to the test, don't get back to me until you can figure out why you pointing to Brady wasn't the win you thought it was.

Nice try.

Brady wasn't a rookie in 2001. When he was a rookie, in 2000, he wasn't the primary backup. Much like how Cassel, Mallett, Garoppolo, Brissett, etc. all weren't the primary backups in their rookie seasons.

I think it's fair to say there's a well-established trend that Belichick is not interested in having rookie QBs as his primary backup. He will, however, keep them as the QB3 for a year of development and then make them the primary backup. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this time next season Hoyer is no longer a Patriot and Stidham is the QB2, but now is way too early for that.

Last edited:
Obviously the defense didn't play as well as last week. I wonder how people would feel about Stidham tonight if the Pats won 29-3. Throwing 731 yards with only 1 int over 4 preseason games isn't shabby for a rookie.

Obviously the defense didn't play as well as last week. I wonder how people would feel about Stidham tonight if the Pats won 29-3. Throwing 731 yards with only 1 int over 4 preseason games isn't shabby for a rookie.

I imagine they'd feel the same as they do now.

It's obvious there is some raw talent there, but the kid's just obviously not ready, and it's gotten more apparent as the preseason has gone on.

So..seems every bigmouthed narcissist on both radio stations had Demaryius Thomas practically on the bus out of town pregame..with some of the most ridiculous, idiotic "signs" of impending doom according to their "expert" analysis...and Thomas played and performed well. Have no idea who this new nitwit, Brian Barret is, but if THIS is the future of sports talk, then sports talk may as well be an exercise in masturbatory futility.

I imagine they'd feel the same as they do now.

It's obvious there is some raw talent there, but the kid's just obviously not ready, and it's gotten more apparent as the preseason has gone on.

He's certainly improved over the preseason...i'm happy with his performance tonight. Him and DT really worked well tonight....a lot of his 225 passing yards went to DT....good stuff. It will be interesting to see what Bill decides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back