PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with Steelers to screw over Jets

Hey State they have two guys in Stueber and Cajuste who could benefit from the Good Coaching they will receive. They might be just as good as the guys they could have Drafted. Also it's noted that 6'5 Sidy Sow will be tried at OT.

Andy Stubby ****ing Sucks... He's Straight Crap, Homie.

Agreed. Headlines to get clicks. Moving down 3 slots is not devastating. The Pats probably thought little of Broderick Jones and knew the Jets were not picking Gonzalez since they already have Sauce Gardner. Why not add a 4th?S
Screwing the jets was great.

However, I think that a free 4th would have been snapped up whover the team.

Screwing the jets was great.

However, I think that a free 4th would have been snapped up whover the team.

Yes the free 4th was the prize. And we used all of our picks. Lots of draft picks used to help ST.

Didn’t the Jets draft two LTs later in the draft, the 6’8” BYU kid and Carter Warren, who played at a higher lever than Broderick Jones before Warren got hurt?

Sounds like they screwed us back. They are now a high-functioning organization with a hall of fame QB.

And Bill Belichick is content with aging Brown and aged Reiff. Just like he was content with James Ferentz after Karras left.

It was an obvious mistake then. And now.

The only adequate LT on the team is Calvin Anderson. I am high on him. Who the heck knows about Cajuste.

Someone mentioned Steuber. Made me laugh.

Didn’t the Jets draft two LTs later in the draft, the 6’8” BYU kid and Carter Warren, who played at a higher lever than Broderick Jones before Warren got hurt?

Sounds like they screwed us back. They are now a high-functioning organization with a hall of fame QB.

And Bill Belichick is content with aging Brown and aged Reiff. Just like he was content with James Ferentz after Karras left.

The only adequate LT on the team is Calvin Anderson. I am high on him. Who the heck knows about Cajuste.

That was the Indy bloodClots who took Blake Freeland at 106, one pick before Bill took Jake The hopefully not Newest Fake Andrews at 107.

Jete however did also take big Wisconsin Center Joe Tippmann in the 2nd round, damn them.

The BYU kid got thrown around like a rag doll at the Senior Bowl. Thank god we evaluated him as the clod he is.

NFL execs have seemed to be saying what I've been fearing: Billy took a lesser pick than that to which he - and his Boss' franchise - were entitled just to seek personal gratification against one particular team:

They're all basically the same story, each with their own particular perspective, and that story is: one of Mr Kraft's employees was willfully derelict in his duties, a Fireable offense.

The BYU kid got thrown around like a rag doll at the Senior Bowl. Thank god we evaluated him as the clod he is.

Yeah, at Right Tackle, while Bergeron was at LT...

Yeah, at Right Tackle, while Bergeron was at LT...
Off the top of my head, I can't remember good players coming out of BYU. They just don't produce them. Steve Young went there 40 years ago. Since then they produced Kyle Van Noy and Fred Warner. I honestly don't remember any others.

This nonsense can be put to rest. There's video confirmation of NYJ GM Joe Douglas saying before the Patriots trade that they were taking edge rusher Will McDonald with their first pick. Broderick Jones was third of their 1st round targets. Douglas also predicted the Patriots/Steelers trade and the Jones pick before it happened. So the end result of all this is Belichick didn't screw over the Jets but he did manage to help the Steelers. Nice job.

This nonsense can be put to rest. There's video confirmation of NYJ GM Joe Douglas saying before the Patriots trade that they were taking edge rusher Will McDonald with their first pick. Broderick Jones was third of their 1st round targets. Douglas also predicted the Patriots/Steelers trade and the Jones pick before it happened. So the end result of all this is Belichick didn't screw over the Jets but he did manage to help the Steelers. Nice job.
How did he help the Steelers? By taking their fourth round pick for nothing?

I read it that Bill managed to fleece the Steelers out of a fourth round pick for them to move up when they didn’t need to.

If they don’t trade, the Jetes take McDonald, so the only other team that could’ve taken Jones away from the Steelers would have been Washington. I don’t think they would’ve taken him, they were so ecstatic about getting Forbes I think they were locked into him all along.

Big help to the Steelers. Not.

I'd love to hear that clip.

How did he help the Steelers? By taking their fourth round pick for nothing?

I read it that Bill managed to fleece the Steelers out of a fourth round pick for them to move up when they didn’t need to.

If they don’t trade, the Jetes take McDonald, so the only other team that could’ve taken Jones away from the Steelers would have been Washington. I don’t think they would’ve taken him, they were so ecstatic about getting Forbes I think they were locked into him all along.

Big help to the Steelers. Not.
lol changing the BB narrative to "fleecing the Steelers." Better change the thread title for continuity.

I suggest you go back and reread the report. The story was BB made the trade to screw over the Jets. He didn't screw them over. And if in fact that was part of his motivation then he badly misread the situation.

“They should have had to give up a [third-rounder] and not a four to move up there,” an anonymous NFL general manager told La Canfora. “Belichick did it just to **** the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take. … I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling.”

Completely 100% WRONG. The Jets didn't want Jones there, they weren't blindsided (in fact they predicted the exact trade), and they weren't scrambling because they selected the top player on their board at their spot.

And apparently, BB even "sold low" for nothing. Sounds like the anonymous NFL GM would now say BB got made to look a fool. The author of the report is a bit red in the face now too.

The Jets are also a conference rival. And a division rival. And they now have Rodgers at QB. Don't act as though they're any less of a threat than Pittsburgh, and hurting a rival in the division is more important that hurting an out of division rival.
Correct. In a system where the 3 teams the Pats most need to beat are NJ, Mia and Buffalo, the Steelers are well behind in importance. As long as the Pats beat those 3 teams they could get in the playoffs with a 8-9 record or worse. Meanwhile Pitt could stay home at 11-6.

It matters less to me that the trade might’ve hurt the Jete, or helped the Squeelers, or didn’t affect the Jete, or whatever…

What matters more to me - and should matter more to everyone - is that we should’ve received compensation 40 ****ING PICKS BETTER THAN THAT WHICH OUR ****ING INCOMPETENT ****ING ****Y ****ING GM ACCEPTED.

THAT’s the Real ****ing Issue here, people.

lol changing the BB narrative to "fleecing the Steelers." Better change the thread title for continuity.

I suggest you go back and reread the report. The story was BB made the trade to screw over the Jets. He didn't screw them over. And if in fact that was part of his motivation then he badly misread the situation.

“They should have had to give up a [third-rounder] and not a four to move up there,” an anonymous NFL general manager told La Canfora. “Belichick did it just to **** the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take. … I think the trade totally blindsided them. They were scrambling.”

Completely 100% WRONG. The Jets didn't want Jones there, they weren't blindsided (in fact they predicted the exact trade), and they weren't scrambling because they selected the top player on their board at their spot.

And apparently, BB even "sold low" for nothing. Sounds like the anonymous NFL GM would now say BB got made to look a fool. The author of the report is a bit red in the face now too.
It’s being reported now that the Pats were offered more than a 4th and turned that down?

NFL execs have seemed to be saying what I've been fearing: Billy took a lesser pick than that to which he - and his Boss' franchise - were entitled just to seek personal gratification against one particular team:

They're all basically the same story, each with their own particular perspective, and that story is: one of Mr Kraft's employees was willfully derelict in his duties, a Fireable offense.
Yes let’s fire him for getting the player he wanted, adding a pick and hurting a divisional opponent. You whine so much now you even whine at successful moves.

It matters less to me that the trade might’ve hurt the Jete, or helped the Squeelers, or didn’t affect the Jete, or whatever…

What matters more to me - and should matter more to everyone - is that we should’ve received compensation 40 ****ING PICKS BETTER THAN THAT WHICH OUR ****ING INCOMPETENT ****ING ****Y ****ING GM ACCEPTED.

THAT’s the Real ****ing Issue here, people.
In your fantasy world what form of extortion do you employ in order to force a team to make a trade they won’t?

You are making up that the jets didn’t want jones. Just because they guessed that the patriots would trade out so the Steelers could take their guy doesn’t mean he wasn’t their guy.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back