PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tonight on National TV Patriots Fans Can Do Something About Deflategate 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes the issue out from under the rug that the NFL wants it to stay.

Shine the light on it. The league office wants it to disappear.

I don't disagree on the NFL's hypocrisy but the claim that the diminished air pressure was a result of tampering bolsters the NFL's bullsh.t claim that the Patriots must have tampered with the footballs, when in truth scientists who looked at atmospheric conditions for every NFL game ever played contend that over 60% have been played with balls that are under the league parameters for PSI. I don't want to see Pittsburgh punished for the NFL's lie I want the league office punished for their lies.

Good to see you back shmessy, happy holidays.

Pats fans are the only ones that care. Outside of that, nobody gives a damn. This issue will die quickly.

Florio cares. The Washington Post sports section cares. So does the Wall Street Journal.

The past 6 months have seen a large swing in opinion nationwide about Deflategate. Did it do anything? No, not yet.

However, what happened YESTERDAY exposes (for anyone who doesn't want to avert their eyes) the criminal hypocrisy of the treatment of the Patriots and, if not allowed to be swept under the rug, could greatly affect the story going forward.

Florio cares. The Washington Post sports section cares. So does the Wall Street Journal.

The past 6 months have seen a large swing in opinion nationwide about Deflategate. Did it do anything? No, not yet.

However, what happened YESTERDAY exposes (for anyone who doesn't want to avert their eyes) the criminal hypocrisy of the treatment of the Patriots and, if not allowed to be swept under the rug, could greatly affect the story going forward.

The hypocrisy was exposed the moment it happened. Nobody cares. Florio and WaPo can comment on it until the cows come home. What will happen is that it will get a thread on here but, outside this little Boston-based bubble, nobody will give a ****. As a matter of fact, the average fan probably won't even know wtf the crowd is referring to when it chants "PSI". They'll probably think the crowd is talking about their own team.

I don't disagree on the NFL's hypocrisy but the claim that the diminished air pressure was a result of tampering bolsters the NFL's bullsh.t claim that the Patriots must have tampered with the footballs, when in truth scientists who looked at atmospheric conditions for every NFL game ever played contend that over 60% have been played with balls that are under the league parameters for PSI. I don't want to see Pittsburgh punished for the NFL's lie I want the league office punished for their lies.

Good to see you back shmessy, happy holidays.

Thanks, Ivan.

Actually this story, which I and pretty much 99% of the country completely understand had nothing to do with any tampering by the Steelers - - pretty much PROVES the Patriots innocence! It's obvious.

Both turnovers in the NYG-Pitt game occurred EARLIER in the 2nd half (7:21 left in the 3rd and 0:54 left in the 3rd) than the turnover in the 2014 AFCCG game (9:21 left in the 2nd). The 2 turnover balls (the only ones publicly measured) last week were immediately removed and measured soon after the Giants did so on the sidelines. Prior to the 2nd half they had been re-warmed inside.

The 11 balls in the AGFFC game were not measured until a full half had been played.

Folks, that's a BIG difference in exposure to cold time!

The fact that you, I and 99% of the country see the measurements and AGREE "Oh, it's the IGL, couldn't have been the Steelers" PROVES the Pats were railroaded. You and I know that - - but when brought to the attention (what does it cost to chant and wave signs on national tv?), the point is indelibly made to the rest of the nation.

Last edited:
The hypocrisy was exposed the moment it happened. Nobody cares. Florio and WaPo can comment on it until the cows come home. What will happen is that it will get a thread on here but, outside this little Boston-based bubble, nobody will give a ****. As a matter of fact, the average fan probably won't even know wtf the crowd is referring to when it chants "PSI". They'll probably think the crowd is talking about their own team.

Anyone with eyes has seen that the more Deflategate is talked about and the longer the story has gone on, the more the rest of the nation comes around to the conclusion that the Pats were clean.

Sumlight is the best disinfectant.

We have seen that in action the past 6 months.

I'm all for that to continue.

Pats fans are the only ones that care. Outside of that, nobody gives a damn. This issue will die quickly.
It's already dead. In fact, it may not have died because in order for something to die, it had to have been alive at some point. As I posted elsewhere, we care. With few exceptions, virtually no one elsewhere cares.

Once again - - I fully believe the Steelers did absolutely nothing to the footballs (except use them to beat the whiny Giants).

This has nothing to do with THEM directly.

It has everything to do with remedial science and the Patriots' railroading.

I do care.I want teams to be fined and stripped off of first rounders when balls are overinflated when playing in September and when they are magically underinflated in December.Do not save NFL from the whole mess they created for themselves and everyone around them.
PSI....PSI....PSI...PSI

If the P-S-I chant is confusing as to thinking it implicates the Steeelers, I'd be fine if the crowd chants "I-G-L" over and over and let the network and press explain what that means to the nation.

If the NFL wanted the issue to die they would have measured most balls from every game before and after the games and published their findings. They did everything but publish the findings. Pretty conclusive to me that it was all BS.

Anyone with eyes has seen that the more Deflategate is talked about and the longer the story has gone on, the more the rest of the nation comes around to the conclusion that the Pats were clean.

Sumlight is the best disinfectant.

We have seen that in action the past 6 months.

I'm all for that to continue.

By all means, do what you want. It's a free country. But if you think that there is going to be some sort of ****storm against the Steelers or the NFL for Deflategate 2.0, then I have a nice piece of swamp land to sell you.

Once again - - I fully believe the Steelers did absolutely nothing to the footballs (except use them to beat the whiny Giants).

This has nothing to do with THEM directly.

It has everything to do with remedial science and the Patriots' railroading.

Brady image tarnished

#1 draft choice gone

#4 draft choice going

I am pissed and it's not going to go away until the truth (all of it) comes out and it will, it always does.

A league with integrity would admit what went on, punish the real offenders, restore the draft choices and apologize to Brady.

If the NFL wanted the issue to die they would have measured most balls from every game before and after the games and published their findings. They did everything but publish the findings. Pretty conclusive to me that it was all BS.

Exactly. Questions must be asked.

I can't fathom how some people here simply want to give the league the forfeit victory on their criminality. In fact, reading some of their posts, it seems like they are actively running around trying to tamp down the Patriots' case (which by the way is STILL up and updated this year on The Wells Report in Context

By all means, do what you want. It's a free country. But if you think that there is going to be some sort of ****storm against the Steelers or the NFL for Deflategate 2.0, then I have a nice piece of swamp land to sell you.

I'm under no illusion that this will immediately result in a ticker tape parade, the return of the draft picks and Roger Goodell's cold dead body quivering from a 50 story Park Avenue leap, but the Patriots fans DESERVE to have a voice in this and not to meekly accept it.

And once again, I do not want a ****storm against the Steelers - - they don't deserve it (for this, at least).

The ****storm should be against the NFL and how they handled an INNOCENT situation 100% differently in two exact similar cases.

Last edited:
I'm under no illusion that this will immediately result in a ticker tape parade, the return of the draft picks and Roger Goodell's cold dead body quivering from a 50 story Park Avenue leap, but the Patriots fans DESERVE to have a voice in this and not to meekly accept it.

That's fine. Like I said, do you. But it's pointless. Google "Pittsburgh Steelers" and then click on the "News" link. That story is seven stories down, buried behind reports on their game yesterday and Rex's job status.

The only guy who we should be chanting this to is Kraft.

What say you Bob? "Roger is doing a great job!" is an unacceptable answer.

That's fine. Like I said, do you. But it's pointless. Google "Pittsburgh Steelers" and then click on the "News" link. That story is seven stories down, buried behind reports on their game yesterday and Rex's job status.

Click on "Deflategate" and set the page for "Past 24 hours" and you will see a far more comprehensive list.

Why?

Because it isn't about the STEELERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes