PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

View attachment 40644
This was 2 years ago and more than good enough for me. Don't see the need for him to repeat himself now.

Although I don't think Brady purposely slighted the Pats and Pats fans today, I think it was wrong to announce his retirement from football and not acknowledge the Patriots, his Patriot teammates, and the Pats fans in a long retirement announcement for his career. Again, I think it was stupid mistake rather than maliciously done on purpose, but doesn't change that it was the wrong thing to do.

Although I don't think Brady purposely slighted the Pats and Pats fans today, I think it was wrong to announce his retirement from football and not acknowledge the Patriots, his Patriot teammates, and the Pats fans in a long retirement announcement for his career. Again, I think it was stupid mistake rather than maliciously done on purpose, but doesn't change that it was the wrong thing to do.

It seems like from the post that he has no ties to the organization and wants to stay involved with Tampa in some way shape or form and identifies with being a Tampa Bay Buccaneer and not a New England Patriot. So all of those rumors of signing the 1 day contract was total BS. Just kind of interesting that he decided to highlight 2 years of his career and omit 20 out of spite.

I agree with this. I was almost in tears after reading his statement. I'll wait and see in the coming days and months to see what he says and does but really this is just like a dagger to my heart.

It will be 4 years minimum (time it takes him to be eligible for the Pats HOF) unless Kraft calls him up and wants to do a number retirement ceremony.
I wouldn't be surprised if they waive the minimum for Brady.

It seems like from the post that he has no ties to the organization and wants to stay involved with Tampa in some way shape or form and identifies with being a Tampa Bay Buccaneer and not a New England Patriot. So all of those rumors of signing the 1 day contract was total BS. Just kind of interesting that he decided to highlight 2 years of his career and omit 20 out of spite.

I hope that's not the case. Belichick learned from Bill Walsh that it's best to let a player go earlier rather than later. For whatever reason, Tom took it personally. Belichick was always about the team and not any one individual. Brady 2019 stats suggested he wouldn't have done much better here in NE in 2020 or 2021.

Not a word about the Pats or NE. Screw him issue #12 to the next rookie punter. He can join immortals like Rhonde Barber and Jon Gurden (oops, not anymore) in the Bucs ring of fame.

Now seriously...

I guess this is what Kraft gets for leaving him out to dry with the league. If I was him, I would never forgive that either!

This was a retirement announcement. If he was leaving Tampa Bay, but continuing to play, the "thank you" list makes perfect sense.

But given that retirement is more of a career retrospective, it seems very strange to leave out the place you played 90% of your games.

I am 100% sure something is coming, but I still find it very odd - and perhaps telling - that so many were omitted off the official announcement.
That’s fair. We’ll see what happens in the next few days, and if there’s no follow up then I’ll start to wonder too.

Lot of insecure Pats fan

What do you expect? He thanked the Bucs players, staffers, family, Glazer family, and Guerrero without mentioning NE even once.

Plenty of times when I'm down and out, I think "28-3". I think Pats/Chiefs OT AFC Championship. I think about all the times that it seemed down and out, only to see Brady and company come back out with the win.

Beyond the rings, beyond the wins, beyond the countless comebacks, it is nice to witness - for 20 years nonetheless - something so unfathomable that it keeps you going in your own day-to-day.

For those complaining about no mention of Pats in the GOAT's retirement thread, you'll need to join the Brady forum for the answer to this paradox.

What do you expect? He thanked the Bucs players, staffers, family, Glazer family, and Guerrero without mentioning NE even once.

I guess Brady, just like Kraft and Belichick, never gave a **** about you, or any of us, to begin with. You should have realized that years ago and just enjoyed the once-in-a-lifetime inspiration Brady provided. But you didn't. What a miserable, empty life.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back