PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady has won more playoff games than Joe Montana qualified for

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats not suprising considering the beatings the guy took

He was pummeled.

Always hanged tough in the pocket.

Scrambling around also got him in trouble.

No one can ever accuse Cool Joe of not being tough.

Not live but Ive watched old games, college and pro. I love nfl history. The point of that other post is to refute the point that Brady took over a bad Pats team in 01. Just not true. The pats were a much better overall team. You cant really hold Montana accountable for not making the playoffs in 1980
Never mind.

He was pummeled.

Always hanged tough in the pocket.

Scrambling around also got him in trouble.

No one can ever accuse Cool Joe of not being tough.

Oh for sure. Just because he got hurt doesnt mean he wasnt tough, Thats definitely not what Im saying.

Compare the sheer number of pro bowlers and hall-of-famers that Montana played with, in a non-salary cap era, as opposed to Brady, and then the gap is apparent.

Montana wasn't developing lacrosse players and option QBs as his primary weapons.

Compare the sheer number of pro bowlers and hall-of-famers that Montana played with, in a non-salary cap era, as opposed to Brady, and then the gap is apparent.

Montana wasn't developing lacrosse players and option QBs as his primary weapons.

Point taken about the pro bowlers. But You know as well as we do we get good players and have a system in place with guys who fit that system. Thats coaching. Brady plays a role in those players having success, hes certainly not a system player. Belichick I think deserves most of the praise for our no namers doing well

Its a pretty straight forward question. Were the 49ers bad because their defense was attrocious? was it their QB play? Or was it a combination of both

It's not a straightforward question. It's an asinine response to my post. Again:

4-5 under DeBerg
2-5 under Montana

v.

0-2 under Bledsoe
11-3 under Brady

Your argument about 1980 is asinine. Your argument about pretty much everything in this thread is asinine. There are some valid points you could be arguing. Instead, you've chosen just about every stupid position possible.

It's not a straightforward question. It's an asinine response to my post. Again:

4-5 under DeBerg
2-5 under Montana

v.

0-2 under Bledsoe
11-3 under Brady

Your argument about 1980 is asinine. Your argument about pretty much everything in this thread is asinine. There are some valid points you could be arguing. Instead, you've chosen just about every stupid position possible.

So we agree bledsoe was a problem right? would you say He was holding the team back? Or did Brady take over an average team and carry them to a championship. Or is something else.

So we agree bledsoe was a problem right? would you say He was holding the team back? Or did Brady take over an average team and carry them to a championship. Or is something else.

Brady took over a below-average offense that was paired, at the time, with an average defense, mediocre special teams, and overall suspect situational football awareness.

While Brady & Weiss were transforming the offense into a mistake-free opportunistic unit, both the defense and special teams were finding themselves as well, as first-year free agents were learning the system and instilling situational football awareness into the team as a whole. They went from a team who were losing based on poor skills, an error-prone nature, and poor awareness to a team that, while incapable of dominating anyone (due to skill level), refused to lose by avoiding costly mistakes, forcing turnovers, and excelling on special teams at key moments.

i wouldn't say Brady carried them, single-handedly, but he instilled a work ethic and sense of optimism that seemed to rub off on the rest of the team.

We obviously know they were better off with brady then bledsoe. But lets not act like We did not have a good defense

This is one of the most bizarre argument points I've seen a poster put forth. Neither QB had anything to do with the defense.

QBs run the offense.

And the field is 100 yards long between end zones.

Beer is good.

This is one of the most bizarre argument points I've seen a poster put forth. Neither QB had anything to do with the defense.

QBs run the offense.

And the field is 100 yards long between end zones.

Beer is good.

How is it bizzare? we are talking about the teams records? Its a team game. you are knowledgeable, you know that

How is it bizzare? we are talking about the teams records? Its a team game. you are knowledgeable, you know that

Fine, you've moved the goalposts back to this now:

Playoffs:

Brady: 24-9 .727
Montana: 16-7 .696

Overall:

Brady: 207-61 .772
Montana: 133-54 .711

Where are you moving the goalposts to next?

Fine, you've moved the goalposts back to this now:

Playoffs:

Brady: 24-9 .727
Montana: 16-7 .696

Overall:

Brady: 207-61 .772
Montana: 133-54 .711

Where are you moving the goalposts to next?

I didnt move the goalposts. The topic of this discussion was never supposed to be who was better. Just that brady had better durability and longevity which has allowed him to play in more games. That contributes to the argument that brady is better. Im not sure if you saw the whole discussion. one and outs hurt montana as did injuries. those are undeniable facts. the thread topic was about their playoff records, Thats what Im foucsing on. Let me ask you this... What is your interpretation of my first post on this thread

I didnt move the goalposts. The topic of this discussion was never supposed to be who was better. Just that brady had better durability and longevity which has allowed him to play in more games. That contributes to the argument that brady is better. Im not sure if you saw the whole discussion. one and outs hurt montana as did injuries. those are undeniable facts. the thread topic was about their playoff records, Thats what Im foucsing on. Let me ask you this... What is your interpretation of my first post on this thread

So once again, what is it about .727 being a larger number (but a better QUALITY number due to the percentage basis of it) than .696?

Post edit: Re: your "What is your interpretation of my first post on this thread" - I checked your first post - - "Longetivity. Joe only played 15 years And was hurt a lot".

Yup, you're a troll. It has nothing to do with "the thread topic was about their playoff records, Thats what Im foucsing on. "

Either that or you have no written communications skills whatsoever. But it looks like I'm not the only person here who has wasted time today trying to understand whatever the hell you are saying.

Last edited:
No.

Are you trolling, or are you really this incapable of staying focused on an argument of your own making?
Why would I troll. never done that why would I now? I mean I have stated a bunch of times that Brady is the Goat. So whats the issue

So once again, what is it about .727 being a larger number (but a better QUALITY number due to the percentage basis of it) than .696?

Okay but the OP said that Brady had won more playoff games than Montana played in. And I personally feel that Bradys Longevity and Durability has allowed him to do that. This was never about whos played better in the post season. Bradys teams have clearly had more success getting deeper, and are tied when it comes to rings

Why would I troll. never done that why would I now? I mean I have stated a bunch of times that Brady is the Goat. So whats the issue

Maybe you're not a troll, but if you aren't methinks Notre Dame wants its diploma back. ;)

Post edit: Re: your "What is your interpretation of my first post on this thread" - I checked your first post - - "Longetivity. Joe only played 15 years And was hurt a lot".

Yup, you're a troll. It has nothing to do with "the thread topic was about their playoff records, Thats what Im foucsing on. "

Either that or you have no written communications skills whatsoever. But it looks like I'm not the only person here who has wasted time today trying to understand whatever the hell you are saying.

Im trying to say one of the things that makes Brady better is his durabilty/Longevity

Okay but the OP said that Brady had won more playoff games than Montana played in. And I personally feel that Bradys Longevity and Durability has allowed him to do that. This was never about whos played better in the post season. Bradys teams have clearly had more success getting deeper, and are tied when it comes to rings

.....and has a BETTER WINNING PERCENTAGE.

My 7 year old niece understands that concept better than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes