PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady has won more playoff games than Joe Montana qualified for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it was all because of longevity. I do think Its the biggest factor though. Longevity isnt bad, the pats arent winning in spite of brady, they win because of him. The 2 extra one and outs hurt Montanas possibilty to get more wins.
You did because you said aside from longevity they are equal and that is a slight to Brady.

Who is talking about volume stats?

Let's start over
Brady has won more playoff games than Montana played in. Playoff games are earned by making the playoffs and winning to advance.
The idea that Montana is comparable to Brady because of a soon to be broken we hope the in SB championship is blown away by this fact.

Brady is better. Brady wins more therefore Brady plays more playoff games.

What you say is true. And what im telling you is that Bradys durability, longevity, and high level of play has allowed him to play all in and win those playoff games. Thats something Montana didnt have to the level of brady, and therefore isnt as good. Does that make sense? Im not saying Montana would have more wins than brady or anything like that, just that his injury issues kept him from winning more

I think I was misunderstood, and that may be my fault. Montana had 16 years in the league, not 15, nobody corrected me on that, and Brady is in year 17. Bradys started in about 70 more games and played in about 40 or 50 more. Durability was a problem for Montana. He missed a lot of time. That hurts his argument against brady

You made a ****ty argument.
You got called on it, by a bunch of people.
Instead of re-evaluating your first ****ty argument, you doubled down with additional ****ty arguments.

That's why we're here. We're here because you just can't seem to resist digging the hole deeper.

Just let it die.

I didn't say that you slighted Brady, so why the hell would this matter?

Your right you didnt. but you did say I might as well be an hknorary "Trade Brady" poster. I think thats outrageous. Yes I have defended Joe here in this thread,but I have criticized him too, but I never took away from brady. So I think that was unfair and a just way off base thing to say

You made a ****ty argument.
You got called on it, by a bunch of people.
Instead of re-evaluating your first ****ty argument, you doubled down with additional ****ty arguments.

That's why we're here. We're here because you just can't seem to resist digging the hole deeper.

Just let it die.

Me and Andy are having a quality conversation about it. I mean its just a simple fact the Bradys Longevity and durability have been better than Montanas. That is a fact. The opinion part is whether or not thats had an effect on the amount they have played in, Which I believe it does. Thats okay if you do not.

You like him cuz he's a Norte Dame alumn

Am I right?

Not the only reason. Guys a winner. I appreciate Great players. I love the nfl.

Also that post you quoted is actually a knock on him, and a compliment to Brady

Your right you didnt. but you did say I might as well be an hknorary "Trade Brady" poster. I think thats outrageous.

You're posting impressively silly stuff. That "Trade Brady" thread was all about people posting impressively silly stuff.

Seems to fit.

If you think it's too outrageous, stop posting so much impressively silly stuff.

You're posting impressively silly stuff. That "Trade Brady" thread was all about people posting impressively silly stuff.

Seems to fit.

If you think it's too outrageous, stop posting so much impressively silly stuff.

No, you're not. Andy ***** slapped you long ago. Now he's just dealing with the followup.

Is saying Brady is more durable than Montana silly? Just wondering

Is saying Brady is more durable than Montana silly? Just wondering

That's not been your only post and claim, and you know it. So, again, knock it off with the silly ****.

Wonder if Montana's Idol is Brady?

Given Montana's comments, I think the relationship is kinda like Brady's "Lord Vader" to Montana's "Luke"

BRADY: Joe, I am your Daddy. Search the stats...the wins...you know it to be true.

MONTANA: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That's not been your only post and claim, and you know it. So, again, knock it off with the silly ****.

So what are my claims. Because durability affecting the amount of playoff games montana was able to play in was one. We already know we disagree on that one. I do remember saying one thing I regret, and that was that brady wasnt our savior in 2001. He was. It was a bad way of getting my point across that we had talent on defense and that it was a good unit that was well coached. If theres anything else you can think of that I said you feel was ridiculous, go ahead and say what it is if you choose

I will not disrespect Montana's playoff record simply because he has fewer wins or starts than Brady. Nor do I think it's fair to fault him for his injury history.

Quarterbacks in his day were protected much less and were likely to suffer more serious injuries. And NFC featured several elites during the 1980s, including the Giants and Red Skins.

As for his one-and-dones...all I can is that the NFC had many elite teams during the 1980s, including the Giants and Red Skins. It was much harder to advance through the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl, considering the kind of talent he had to face on an annual basis, during the pre-Salary cap/Free Agency era.

I will not disrespect Montana's playoff record simply because he has fewer wins or starts than Brady. Nor do I think it's fair to fault him for his injury history.

Quarterbacks in his day were protected much less and were likely to suffer more serious injuries. And NFC featured several elites during the 1980s, including the Giants and Red Skins.

As for his one-and-dones...all I can is that the NFC had many elite teams during the 1980s, including the Giants and Red Skins. It was much harder to advance through the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl, considering the kind of talent he had to face on an annual basis, during the pre-Salary cap/Free Agency era.
He absolutely dominated the Bears, but the Giants used to beat him up so bad

One of his one and outs was against an inferior vikings team and another was to Marino in the AFC. I think in the 83 NFC championship against the skins they were losing 21-0 and he brought them back and scored 21 points in the 4th. but they lost

For the life of me I've never understood the argument that Montana failed to make it as far as Brady, thus he's clearly the better QB

I know I'm preaching to the choir among most Patriots fans - but in trying to help other team fans understand how lame their argument is, I use this analogy

Imagine Brady and Montana were playing at the same time... And now let's just imagine that they each won their 4th Super Bowl near about the same time.

Now imagine that in the subsequent seasons, Brady made it to two more Super Bowls (now 3) but Montana subsequently failed to advance that far.

Now imagine Hatriots fans citing Montana's failure to make it as far as Brady on two more occasions (now 3) as "proof" that he's the better QB

It defies logic that anyone would give Montana bonus points for losing games that Brady won, but that's exactly what so many fans do

It'd be one thing if it was just one game, another if two, but with this, his 7th Super Bowl compared to Montana's 4, well, that's already got Brady the GOAT vote in my book - and adding a Ring for the Thumb should quiet even the most die hard "Montana lost BEFORE the Super Bowl - not AT it - thus he's better!" advocates.

For the life of me I've never understood the argument that Montana failed to make it as far as Brady, thus he's clearly the better QB

I know I'm preaching to the choir among most Patriots fans - but in trying to help other team fans understand how lame their argument is, I use this analogy

Imagine Brady and Montana were playing at the same time... And now let's just imagine that they each won their 4th Super Bowl near about the same time.

Now imagine that in the subsequent seasons, Brady made it to two more Super Bowls (now 3) but Montana subsequently failed to advance that far.

Now imagine Hatriots fans citing Montana's failure to make it as far as Brady on two more occasions (now 3) as "proof" that he's the better QB

It defies logic that anyone would give Montana bonus points for losing games that Brady won, but that's exactly what so many fans do

It'd be one thing if it was just one game, another if two, but with this, his 7th Super Bowl compared to Montana's 4, well, that's already got Brady the GOAT vote in my book - and adding a Ring for the Thumb should quiet even the most die hard "Montana lost BEFORE the Super Bowl - not AT it - thus he's better!" advocates.

Its the most ridiculous thing ever. There are actually people out there that believe 4-0 in the superbowl is better than 5-2. Whoever decided that not going to the superbowl is better than losing it is is a moron

The final tally is that Joe didn't become a starter until halfway through his second season when the 49ers weren't any good. Had a season cut short due to the strike and missed the playoffs. And missed 2 years with injuries. That's 10 years vs Brady's 15. One guy is clearly more durable than the other. Especially when you consider Joe missed other regular season games in other years

Regular Season, Montana 117-47, Brady 183-52.

Let THAT sink in Brady has 5 more losses BUT 66 more wins.

Brady is the GOAT and it ain't close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents