PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was robbed of showing what he could do this season. When Peyton flamed out in his final year in denver we were sure he was done because he had weapons at every level of the offense and still looked like a JAG. Somewhere in a parallel reality Brady leads this years pats to a 14-2 record throwing to AB, gordon, demariyus thomas,and edelman.

Honestly, they should have won yesterday. Shot themselves in the foot too many times, and Miami fumbled three times and recovered them all.

And they should have beaten KC if not for the worst refereed game I've ever seen.

They should be 14-2 and the #2 seed.

But they're not.

As to anyone complaining that the Pats did not address offensive needs.... They DID. They signed Thomas, kept/added Gordon again, used a first-round pick on Harry, and even added Brown. And then they got Sanu who has been a solid WR for his whole career. For various reasons (injuries, relapses, utter idiocy), these moves didn't work out. I'd love to go into the playoffs with a healthy WR corps of Edelman, Harry, Gordon, Thomas, Sanu, and Brown.

Oh well.

And on the OL, they drafted several guys, and got Wynn back from IR. Turns out that their key OLineman (Andrews) went out for the year, and their best blocking back (Develin) got hurt and is out for the year as well.

It happens. They're still 12-4 which is pretty remarkable, all things considered.

Yup, Brady lead the offense down the field and got the lead.

The #1 Defense in the NFL ended up getting schooled - let me say that again - the #1 DEFENSE in the NFL got SCHOOLED by the 27th ranked NFL offense with a journey man QB.

McCourty's absence didn't help. Jones was active, but I wonder if he was 100%?

That’s a pretty bad sign for his future if that’s actually true.

(I don’t for a second believe it’s true.)
Agree. Not buying it for a minute.

That's the shocker.

Agree. No way I would have ever thought that would happen. But crap does. Every year and most often against the stinking Dolphins!

As to anyone complaining that the Pats did not address offensive needs.... They DID. They signed Thomas, kept/added Gordon again, used a first-round pick on Harry, and even added Brown. And then they got Sanu who has been a solid WR for his whole career. For various reasons (injuries, relapses, utter idiocy), these moves didn't work out. I'd love to go into the playoffs with a healthy WR corps of Edelman, Harry, Gordon, Thomas, Sanu, and Brown.
I can't really fault them for the WR moves - maybe some fans feel different about the Harry pick, or AB, or Gordon timing, or Sanu trade. But they put effort into acquiring talent at the position in both quantity and quality, high-profile and under the radar, via the draft, free agency, and trades

None of this happened at TE. It's been the centerpiece position of the 2nd wave of their dynasty. And they just ignored it. When Tom got to talking football specifics on the NFL 100 show, what did he talk about? How a play-action protection he picked up from Peyton Manning unlocked a route combination that was huge for Rob Gronkowski's production.

When has Tom Brady once admitted to an injury, or that it affected his play? That would be, never, for those who don't know the answer.

This Guerrero crap isn't working with his elbow...
Nope. Hes outgrown his usefulness.

I still want to know why Tom was wearing white shoes and not the red ones? Orthopedic shoes?

This Guerrero crap isn't working with his elbow...
It’s Tennis Elbow. Nothing outside of rest heals that. I got it when I was 15 years old playing volleyball in gym class. Overextended my left arm and it felt like the elbow damn near dislocated. Very painful and the elbow still clicks to this day when I extend that arm. I think it took well over a month to feel somewhat right and that was when I was 15. For Brady, that’s obviously going to take more time.

Brady has to know that there won't likely be a market out there for a huge payday, not that that's ever been his MO in the first place. They're already on the hook for something like $14 million due to his current contract. If they pay him $10 million, that's $24 million tied up in the QB position. The only way to go cheaper is to basically start Stidham and really go for the rebuild. I think there's enough talent on the team to give them one more go-round in 2020. Hopefully Brady would take a one-year deal for modest money. If he's looking to improve the team, he really should take a small contract (something like $5 million), reducing his overall cap hit and freeing up important dollars to add talent. If I'm him, at this point in my career I'm not caring about extracting as much money as possible. I'm looking to win one more ring.

I'd be very comfortable with Brady being paid $8 million in 2020 and quarterbacking the team again next year.

You want Brady for $5m?

ok man. Lol. Like seriously. Give me a break. Impossible to engage in a rational discussion.

Yeah, this website today has been bad. Im usually as respectful as possible, but not even I can hold back. I understand people wanted to win, but 70% of this board sounds really entitled.
I think this is the most entitled fan base in the NFL on this board . They worry about playoff seeding in week 2 with no respect for the effort or process to get there .

In a way, I believe him. If his throwing arm was truly injured, he would be done by now. If he's just playing through discomfort, that's not really a "football injury". If it was really an injury, then all the throwing would just aggravate it worse and his arm would've fallen off by now (not literally). Playing through discomfort, yes... hence all the post-game arm wrapping. Your arm has to be pretty "ok" to be able to throw footballs on the run, at long distances and with accuracy. If a ligament or tendon was torn, Stidham would be our QB right now.

This focus on declining QBR is such nonsense. There are 6 QBs with higher QBRs than Brady that will be watching the playoffs from their couch. Brees is #3 in QBR and is playing WC round, just like Brady. Rodgers QBR is worse than Brady's yet he has a bye. Look at Allen (#24) in QBR, yet in the playoffs. The only thing that matters are wins.

This is about all 3 units playing in concert. Last few games team has a negative TO ratio, that needs to stop. D needs to step up and play flawless. WR need to stop dropping passes, Brady needs to be more accurate. BB/JMcD need to coach better. Its a team sport. Piling on Brady is a waste of time and meaningless.

20191230_110150.jpg
20191230_110230.jpg

I think this is the most entitled fan base in the NFL on this board . They worry about playoff seeding in week 2 with no respect for the effort or process to get there .
The “process” included:

Scouring rehab clinics and Twitter cafes for mentally damaged WRs
Resurrecting an ancient/retired PED sanctioned TE
Trading a #2 for glacially slow / stone handed WR /punt returner (lmfao)

Which part of the process deserved our respect most?

Wow, so much here. Doubt @ashley1992 or @Ross12 would agree to moderate the GDT next year, with Red Rifle at the helm, it would be a doozy.

You captured "falling off the cliff," but forgot "passing of the tourch." Is last weeks game part of "down the stretch?" Nice try though.
I honestly posted similar in some thread here yesterday wondering what Dalton would cost. He's been bad, but I just feel like he's not as bad as it looks. Tannehill used to look like utter garbage too but that seems to have turned around. I'm not saying Dalton would be great but I wouldn't be shocked if he was serviceable in the event Stidham didn't have the goods.

You want Brady for $5m?

ok man. Lol. Like seriously. Give me a break. Impossible to engage in a rational discussion.

Giving him a 5m contract is as ******ed as giving him anything more than 20m.

In a way, I believe him. If his throwing arm was truly injured, he would be done by now. If he's just playing through discomfort, that's not really a "football injury". If it was really an injury, then all the throwing would just aggravate it worse and his arm would've fallen off by now (not literally). Playing through discomfort, yes... hence all the post-game arm wrapping. Your arm has to be pretty "ok" to be able to throw footballs on the run, at long distances and with accuracy. If a ligament or tendon was torn, Stidham would be our QB right now.

In that case why can't he actually touch throw or hit anything even in the intermediate range ? That overthrow to Dorsett was comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots