PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom and Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice picture of the Greatest QB of all time and a pizza salesman...

So you’re here to tell us that the woman he sexually assaulted wasn’t hurt or emotionally scarred? Cite your sources and defend your moronic position.

Edited to add: MORON

Well she wasn't hurt. That is a fact. No physical contact. As for being emotionally scarred can we have some context please? Bad things happen to people during life. That's just how it is. I'm not in a position to tell someone how much their feelings were hurt on a per case basis. That being true; can we agree that there are a lot worse things in life than being flashed by another guys junk?

While emotional scarring is subjective to the person; if we say all things which people really dislike can be termed emotional scarring, then we devalue the term emotional scarring.

If I tell you that someone who was flashed a guys junk is emotionally scarred then what is left to say about people who were raped, served in war or had other horrible things happen to them? i'm not saying it was okay Peyton did it. I'm saying can't we agree there is a HUGE difference between a guy like Peyton and a guy like Big Ben and the emotional damage they caused?

Last edited:
Uh...so rubbing genitals on a woman's face is "flashing"? You think he "showed her his package"? Let's see what Jamie Naughtright has to say..

‘Pulled his shorts down and sat on my face’

Jamie Naughright, who was an athletic trainer at the University of Tennessee while Manning was the star quarterback, spoke to American TV network CBS’ Inside Edition about the 1996 incident in which she alleges Manning exposed himself to her, then placed his genitals on her face.

Manning, who played in the NFL for nearly 20 years with the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos has admitted to “mooning” a teammate as a 19-year-old with Naughright present, but for decades has denied making contact with her, denials that his lawyer continued issuing on Monday.

Asked about Manning’s contention that he never touched her, Naughright said: “That’s a lie.

“I felt something on my face and Peyton had pulled his shorts down and sat his anus and his testicles on my face,” she said in her first TV interview, airing on Tuesday (AEDT). “So I pushed him up and out. He turned around, pulled his shorts back up.”

She added: “I was repulsed. I was scared. I was intimidated. … It was definitely a predator — intimidating, anger, violent eyes that he had.”

No offense Bob...but...YOU are full of fecal matter

When Brady had 3 rings and Peyton got his 2nd after clearly taking PEDs with NFL's eventual consent (I mean, the hormones were FOR HIS WIFE GODDAMNIT), i had some anger/scarn for Peyton

Now, 3 rings later, i honestly miss those Brady x Peyton games. Id never feel at ease, in a good way. Plus i kinda enjoyed some of Peyton's public appearences (for example his ESPY's were entretaning)

Sure it's easier to let go of the hate when on top, but I have no problems with him (except for the sexual assault, that is just a no-no)

In the Brady era, the only QB who's consistently made Patriots fans worry for the entire game is post-2004 Manning. It took a rule change to make it happen, but Manning became the only edge-of-your-seat, never turn away, admire and fear the worthy opponent, viewing. No other QB has even come close, and any Patriots fan who tries to tell you otherwise is lying.

People need to get over Peyton Manning a little bit here.

Yes he made a very big mistake 1 time in his life. Can we not move past it? It isn't like he raped anyone. He surprised a trainer by putting his thing in her face when he was 20 years old. It was a dumb thing to do but no one was hurt or permanently emotionally scarred.

Can we get some perspective here. This is a difference between being an idiot who made a mistake and a scumbag person. The fact you haven't heard of Peyton doing anything like it sense should tell you something.

5ADEF188-6E61-4942-B253-2C90C341412A.jpeg

Peyton was a great QB but his playoff record was less than stellar.

Still hate the fact that the refs took the 06 championship from the Pats. Worst ref job I’ve ever seen vs the Pats. Pats would of clubbed the Bears and Brady gets his 4th. I mean they already took out the best team in the league the previous game. The Chargers would of wrecked the Colts btw. The matchup would of been so lopsided, LT would of run for 200+ vs them.

Like I said. I’ll give him his due, he was great. Gave the Pats more than a few losses in regular season big games. I look back and I did enjoy the Rivalry. We’ve had very few since, if any. I don’t consider Pittsburgh a rivalry because the Pats win almost every time they play and none of the other teams they do play usually can’t sustain championship level for more than 2 or 3 years before they fade off. We’ll see with the Chiefs after they all get paid.

Peyton was a great QB but his playoff record was less than stellar.

Still hate the fact that the refs took the 06 championship from the Pats. Worst ref job I’ve ever seen vs the Pats. Pats would of clubbed the Bears and Brady gets his 4th. I mean they already took out the best team in the league the previous game. The Chargers would of wrecked the Colts btw. The matchup would of been so lopsided, LT would of run for 200+ vs them.

Like I said. I’ll give him his due, he was great. Gave the Pats more than a few losses in regular season big games. I look back and I did enjoy the Rivalry. We’ve had very few since, if any. I don’t consider Pittsburgh a rivalry because the Pats win almost every time they play and none of the other teams they do play usually can’t sustain championship level for more than 2 or 3 years before they fade off. We’ll see with the Chiefs after they all get paid.

Non-Brady elite QBs* of the Peyton/Brady era, and their playoff records:

Peyton: 14-13
Brees: 8-7
Rodgers: 10-7
Roethlisberger: 13-8
Warner: 9-4
Rivers: 5-6

So, really, postseason success, at least in terms of wins and losses, would indicate that Warner and Brady are alone above the others. Postseasons records (and the important point that the number of games is surprisingly low for players of such elite status) would also seem to indicate either that most of the 'elite' QBs aren't all that elite or that, even at the QB position, only a special player really holds up as a difference maker.

*Wilson, for anyone who might want to argue him, is 8-5.

Well she wasn't hurt. That is a fact. No physical contact. As for being emotionally scarred can we have some context please? Bad things happen to people during life. That's just how it is. I'm not in a position to tell someone how much their feelings were hurt on a per case basis. That being true; can we agree that there are a lot worse things in life than being flashed by another guys junk?

While emotional scarring is subjective to the person; if we say all things which people really dislike can be termed emotional scarring, then we devalue the term emotional scarring.

If I tell you that someone who was flashed a guys junk is emotionally scarred then what is left to say about people who were raped, served in war or had other horrible things happen to them? i'm not saying it was okay Peyton did it. I'm saying can't we agree there is a HUGE difference between a guy like Peyton and a guy like Big Ben and the emotional damage they caused?
Simply this, Bob, stick to football.

I want to know why Kevin Bacon hijacked Brady's account...

:D

Brady looks 30 years old max, while Peyton looks like a 50 year old buttered potato.

I can’t think of a single signature playoff game for Manning other than the 2nd half of the 2006 AFCCG. And he didn’t play well in any of his super bowl appearances. The 2006 SB MVP was a joke, more like the voters feeling sorry for him.

I can’t think of a single signature playoff game for Manning other than the 2nd half of the 2006 AFCCG. And he didn’t play well in any of his super bowl appearances. The 2006 SB MVP was a joke, more like the voters feeling sorry for him.
Sometimes the voters give the Super Bowl MVP award to the guy with the best season, not the best game. It's easier to reward the star QB than the obscure RB. Even Brady got one he didn't deserve back in SB36, so I won't lose much sleep over Manning getting one.

Oh, oh, I can help:

If they genuinely liked each other while both were playing more power to em. I cant picture being nice and meaning it to that intense of a rival, no mattter how nice they are lol

Bill Russell regularly had Wilt Chamberlain over to his house when Philadelphia played in Boston. This may have been the most intense rivalry in the NBA (when Wilt got a record setting $100,000 contract, Red gave Russell a $100,001 contract. :) )

Sometimes the voters give the Super Bowl MVP award to the guy with the best season, not the best game. It's easier to reward the star QB than the obscure RB. Even Brady got one he didn't deserve back in SB36, so I won't lose much sleep over Manning getting one.

In SB36, Brady’s performance was not great. After all, he was essentially a rookie. However, I can see why the voters named him SB MVP. He led a game winning drive with 1:21 remaining and NO timeouts.

Brady was just getting how-to tips on making commercials when he retires. Goober is killing it in that area.

I can think of a few tin foil hat posters around here who will actually be mad at Tom for this. Lol

Let's hear from Peyton (to the Nationwide jingle):
Gosh, the wife picks out ugly ties.
My Tom looks so lean and pristine.
Why am I a big, fat ****?
Ironic I use teabags on my eyes.
Male pattern baldness really sucks.
I like chili on nachos and fries.

WTF is Peyton wearing? Even Shannon Sharpe would give the side-eye to that get up.
And he was custom fit for the jacket and tie at the most expensive men's store in Denver.

It's funny in retrospect how Peyton loomed so large while he was playing, but his legacy seems to diminish every year. Since Peyton left the scene, Brady went to 3 more Super Bowls and won 2 and Brees became the all-time (regular season) passing leader. Like half a dozen guys are ahead of him in career passer rating too, and some combination of Brady and Brees will probably break his regular season career TD record.

That’s what happens when you suck in every potential legacy defining game you play in. People who say championships/postseason are overvalued for ranking all-time QBs don’t understand the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back