SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tom and Peyton

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Joey007, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +841
    Peyton was an incredible front running QB. When things were clicking offensively and he was playing in pristine weather conditions Manning was often sensational (back to back wildcard games against the Broncos) His biggest issue was when the stage got bigger and things were not going to plan he too often came up small. The only memorable Manning playoff comeback I can recall is his 2006 win against the Pats. Played excellent in the 2nd half. Is there another game of note? Even one? For someone of his stature that is just not good enough to be in the conversation as one of the best ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. sb1

sb1 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +10,576
    I’d bet PM wouldn’t have won any.

Wrong personnel for his strengths and I’m not sure he would have bought into the system from Bill and Weis like Brady did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. letekro

letekro Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,571
    He must have played ok in other games because he had some major duds yet his career playoff stats are very similar to Tom’s. I’m taking Tom every time because of his superior mental makeup, but healthy Peyton was a force and BB is a force multiplier.

4. Bledsoehasaring

Bledsoehasaring On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +777
    Please forgive my ignorance. I laughed at your line either way we’ll be drunk in Scotland. Which I assume means different choice same result. I have never heard that before and I tried google. Where is that from? It’s funny.

5. Wheelman

Wheelman Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,460
    Uhm, none. Fivehead would get benched/traded/cut for Brady. His ego would do him in.

6. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +841
    Brady had 13 Game Winning Drives in the playoffs while Manning had 2. There were many Brady games where he and the team struggled throughout but he almost always came up big when the chips were down and gave them a chance to win at the end (even in games where they ultimately lost like Eagles & Giants Superbowls and Broncos AFCCG in 2015)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,130
    They defined an era in the NFL.
    Brady ended up on top.
    They're friends.
    What's the big deal?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,118
    That 2006 AFCCG was one of the most lopsided, in your face BS officiating games of all time. I still seethe with anger thinking about that game, it upset me way more than losing to the Giants in 2007

9. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,791
    I think my friend was "updating" a traditional Scottish ballad. It WAS funny!

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonny braes
    Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
    For me and my true love will never meet again
    On the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond

For ye'll take the high road
    And I'll take the low road
    And I'll be in Scotland afore ye

For me and my true love will never meet again
    On the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mosslost

mosslost Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,999
    Brady already had his 4th

• Like Like x 1
  11. mosslost

Ratings:
    +5,999
    ?

Both will on their own pass him for TD regular season

12. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,179
    Yes. It's a sad ballad more to do with regret, said to be from the words of a prisoner sentenced to death and put to an older tune. In a way, our TB was a prisoner of having to be compared by the media with PM, rightly or wrongly, and he always displayed humility and kindness when discussing Manning. Thankfully, he's no longer a prisoner of that comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  13. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,118

He played in a dome, had high draft capital regularly invested into his offensive skill positions and lineman... had the same O-Coordinator for the majority of his stint in Indy, and ran an offense specifically designed for him and his high level talent skill position players.

The Patriots went through multiple offensive coordinators and completely changed their offense multiple times, completely changed their key offensive personnel multiple times.. Brady would adapt to the new offense and master it..

Manning had to take his entire offensive system with him to Denver, where he had Demarius Thomas, Emmanual Sanders, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas with an All-Decade defense backing him up that Tim Tebow was able to take to the divisional round of the playoffs... only to get eliminated in divisional round, then the following year lay a clunker in the Superbowl against the Seahawks defense.. the same defense that Brady the following year lead what was at the time the greatest 4th qtr SB comeback of all time (only bested by his greatest comeback of all time against the Falcons years later)

Brady is the better player, there is no evidence to suggest Manning would have done as well or flourished in this system and this teams way of doing things. You think Manning would have been ok losing some of his key WRs on multiple occasions and brought the 2006 team to an AFCCG with Rache Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his #1/#2?

Lets forget the countless times he would audible down at the goal line and pad his touchdown numbers with passes. Or how he would regularly lay out his receivers and turn their brains into scrambled eggs...

and lets also forget the fact that he's committed sexual assault, used PEDs in his record breaking season and sent a goon squad after the trainer's family that outed his PED use on hidden camera

Manning is a piece of human garbage, as is most of his entire family... They were crowned as NFL royalty, and therefor untouchable.. they completely swept all of that stuff under the rug with their private investigation without a peep from the league for nearly 4 months while people forgot all about it... meanwhile they literally created a scandal out of nothing and tried to completely ruin Brady's legacy over air pressure changing in a ball.

There aren't enough terrible things I can say about Manning, but at least i can get some solace in knowing that his name will be virtually erased from the NFL record books within a few years and won't hold a candle to Tom Brady's legacy... someone who is a man of character, hard work, perseverance and oozes charisma. Everyone who has played with Brady, even those who previously hated him, all became believers and said that he is the truth.. that he genuinely cares about other people, treats them with respect even if they're a "lowly" equipment manager, ball boy or whoever...

Brady is a superior quarterback and a superior man.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  14. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +12,261
    Which championship did the Patriots win by so comfortable of a margin that you feel they could have significantly downgraded their QB and still have won? If you ask me, none.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. mosslost

Ratings:
    +5,999

16. letekro

letekro Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,571
    You apparently have an irrational seething hatred for somebody you don’t know and my suggestion is that said irrational, seething hatred colors your perception of that person’s football ability.

17. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,299
    People need to get over Peyton Manning a little bit here.

Yes he made a very big mistake 1 time in his life. Can we not move past it? It isn't like he raped anyone. He surprised a trainer by putting his thing in her face when he was 20 years old. It was a dumb thing to do but no one was hurt or permanently emotionally scarred.

Can we get some perspective here. This is a difference between being an idiot who made a mistake and a scumbag person. The fact you haven't heard of Peyton doing anything like it sense should tell you something.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Brandon_Cox

Brandon_Cox On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1,127
    So you’re here to tell us that the woman he sexually assaulted wasn’t hurt or emotionally scarred? Cite your sources and defend your moronic position.

Edited to add: MORON

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  19. Bruins29

Bruins29 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,711
    Please dont ever reproduce

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. maust1013

maust1013 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11,283
    A little food for thought, nothing happens in a vacuum. A healthy Peyton also took up a more than healthy chunk of the salary cap as did his requisite supporting cast. BB has never been much of one to top load his roster from a cap perspective and healthy Manning was never one to take less than top dollar.