PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom and Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
You apparently have an irrational seething hatred for somebody you don’t know and my suggestion is that said irrational, seething hatred colors your perception of that person’s football ability.

I don't think that Manning reached the level of his ability with his success. He had too many stinkers in the playoffs, many times after having the best record in the league.

Non-Brady elite QBs* of the Peyton/Brady era, and their playoff records:

Peyton: 14-13
Brees: 8-7
Rodgers: 10-7
Roethlisberger: 13-8
Warner: 9-4
Rivers: 5-6

So, really, postseason success, at least in terms of wins and losses, would indicate that Warner and Brady are alone above the others. Postseasons records (and the important point that the number of games is surprisingly low for players of such elite status) would also seem to indicate either that most of the 'elite' QBs aren't all that elite or that, even at the QB position, only a special player really holds up as a difference maker.

*Wilson, for anyone who might want to argue him, is 8-5.

I like Wilson. He won a SB, made the playoffs each year but one and won at least one playoff game each of those playoff years.

What akj
I don't think that Manning reached the level of his ability with his success. He had too many stinkers in the playoffs, many times after having the best record in the league.

Wonder what Peyton's record would of been with Bill and Josh?

In SB36, Brady’s performance was not great. After all, he was essentially a rookie. However, I can see why the voters named him SB MVP. He led a game winning drive with 1:21 remaining and NO timeouts.

I can still hear my oldest son's voice after the Rams tied the game. "Dad, they left a lot of time on the clock."

What akj

Wonder what Peyton's record would of been with Bill and Josh?

My guess is that Manning would have had a worse record than Brady, especially if Manning had to play in Foxborough with Bill and Josh.

People need to get over Peyton Manning a little bit here.

Yes he made a very big mistake 1 time in his life. Can we not move past it? It isn't like he raped anyone. He surprised a trainer by putting his thing in her face when he was 20 years old. It was a dumb thing to do but no one was hurt or permanently emotionally scarred.

Can we get some perspective here. This is a difference between being an idiot who made a mistake and a scumbag person. The fact you haven't heard of Peyton doing anything like it sense should tell you something.

Its not just that he made a mistake when he was 20 years old, he and his family tried to destroy that woman's life!

So Peyton sexually assaulted her, then his family used their fame and power to literally attempt to destroy/ruin her career.

They are SCUM

Last edited:
My guess is that Manning would have had a worse record than Brady, especially if Manning had to play in Foxborough with Bill and Josh.
I don't disagree with that but What would his playoff winning percentage jumped to?

I don't disagree with that but What would his playoff winning percentage jumped to?

It wouldn't go up much, with more bad weather games

What is scary is if Brady had played his whole career in a DOME. I think he's the top QB in history indoors wrt passer rating, despite them being all road games (except for neutral site Super Bowls).

I know the traditionalists hate domes, but if Kraft had built Gillette as a dome, analytics suggest Brady's stats would be quite a bit better. Wins & losses probably don't change much, since the opposing QB's performance would be better indoors too (though not by a s much).

If they genuinely liked each other while both were playing more power to em. I cant picture being nice and meaning it to that intense of a rival, no mattter how nice they are lol

When one or both are retired i can see that changing, but for these 2 from what ive heard they’ve always been good friends.
Tom Brady has always been a good person.

Peyton Manning has shown more public respect to the Patriots, and even their fans, than most anyone not rooting for the team. Maybe it's not much, but it's something.

It wouldn't go up much, with more bad weather games

What is scary is if Brady had played his whole career in a DOME. I think he's the top QB in history indoors wrt passer rating, despite them being all road games (except for neutral site Super Bowls).

I know the traditionalists hate domes, but if Kraft had built Gillette as a dome, analytics suggest Brady's stats would be quite a bit better. Wins & losses probably don't change much, since the opposing QB's performance would be better indoors too (though not by a s much).
We need a new Dome in Boston, for an NFC team to share with an NL baseball team (retractable roof).

It's sexier than fixing the T.

I can still hear my oldest son's voice after the Rams tied the game. "Dad, they left a lot of time on the clock."

Still, that’s not much time for a 1st year QB with little experience...even more remarkable that Brady pulled it off. He was a baby GOAT back then...

People need to get over Peyton Manning a little bit here.

Yes he made a very big mistake 1 time in his life.

Wrong. The trainer incident is not one thing. He blamed HGH use on his wife in the most cowardly way possible. He sent goons to intimidate a whistle blower from the Guyer Clinic. That, and his ****ty pass-the-buck comments like his infamous “protection problems” and “liquored up kicker” incidents suggest he’s just an entitled d-bag who the media constantly guarded like pit bulls. These are just the publicly known incidents.

Can we not move past it? It isn't like he raped anyone. He surprised a trainer by putting his thing in her face when he was 20 years old. It was a dumb thing to do but no one was hurt or permanently emotionally scarred.

He sexually assaulted her and then, despite agreeing to a settlement barring both sides from talking about the incident went on a smear campaign, calling her a “potty mouth,” accusing her of having sex with black players (it’s Tennessee, so that race card really worked well), and doing whatever they could to further attack her, despite knowing they’d need to pay for additional damages. Manning money talked. Jamie Naughtright’s personal and professional reputation WAS scarred: she was emotionally damaged. It’s about as ethically low as it gets.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2712091/Factsofthecase.pdf

His family bought his way out of a rightfully damaged reputation if not jail time. Compare to Jameis Winston coming into the NFL.

In addition, it’s well known that he constantly cheated on his wife.

Can we get some perspective here. This is a difference between being an idiot who made a mistake and a scumbag person. The fact you haven't heard of Peyton doing anything like it sense should tell you something.

What more do you need to know to label someone what they are: not just scumbag, but one whose media portrayal and image was totally fake.

Last edited:
We can all agree that Brady is the GOAT and Peyton is a ****.

I imagine Brady asked Peyton to take a pic together for the fans or whatever, but was thinking “Jules has gotta see this f’n clown costume”.

Wrong. The trainer incident is not one thing. He blamed HGH use on his wife in the most cowardly way possible. He sent goons to intimidate a whistle blower from the Guyer Clinic. That, and his ****ty pass-the-buck comments like his infamous “protection problems” and “liquored up kicker” incidents suggest he’s just an entitled d-bag who the media constantly guarded like pit bulls. These are just the publicly known incidents.
You forgot my favorite “Peyton Manning is a sleaze” incident. After Super Bowl 50, he talked about how he was going to “drink Budweiser” afterwards. He actually specifically mentioned Budweiser twice. The second he said it, I knew it was a pre-prepared comment made for monetary gain. I am surprised he didn’t get more criticism for that. It irked me twofold:

1) It was extremely selfish. His team just won the Super Bowl (and let’s set aside that he was carried through that season) and his priority is to shill beer as opposed to talking about his teammates or the game or just being genuinely ecstatic about having won.

2) It’s another example of how the Manning family thinks rules don’t apply to them. Athletes are not supposed to endorse alcoholic beverages, and I have no doubt that he knows this. So whether it’s sitting on a trainer’s face or scamming memorabilia, we see a family that will do whatever they want.

It's funny in retrospect how Peyton loomed so large while he was playing, but his legacy seems to diminish every year. Since Peyton left the scene, Brady went to 3 more Super Bowls and won 2 and Brees became the all-time (regular season) passing leader. Like half a dozen guys are ahead of him in career passer rating too, and some combination of Brady and Brees will probably break his regular season career TD record.

This is so true. At one point he was being talked about as the best to ever play that position, especially after his 2004 season when he broke Marino’s record. Over time it was acknowledged that he choked in playoffs and only got 2 rings on the back of mediocre performances from himself and sterling performances from his defences. But atleast he had all those regular season records. Now if he loses those as well it’s not clear what his remaining legacy is to put him in conversation with the all time greats. I suppose he still has those 5 MVPs that he openly campaigned for and sucked up to reporters/voters for.

I like that TB is still friends with Peyton

If that bothers any Patriot fans, too bad because there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Meanwhile, I think it’s pretty cool.

Let's hear from Peyton (to the Nationwide jingle):
Gosh, the wife picks out ugly ties.
My Tom looks so lean and pristine.
Why am I a big, fat ****?
Ironic I use teabags on my eyes.
Male pattern baldness really sucks.
I like chili on nachos and fries.

My forehead is really large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back