PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom and Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot my favorite “Peyton Manning is a sleaze” incident. After Super Bowl 50, he talked about how he was going to “drink Budweiser” afterwards. He actually specifically mentioned Budweiser twice. The second he said it, I knew it was a pre-prepared comment made for monetary gain. I am surprised he didn’t get more criticism for that. It irked me twofold:

1) It was extremely selfish. His team just won the Super Bowl (and let’s set aside that he was carried through that season) and his priority is to shill beer as opposed to talking about his teammates or the game or just being genuinely ecstatic about having won.

2) It’s another example of how the Manning family thinks rules don’t apply to them. Athletes are not supposed to endorse alcoholic beverages, and I have no doubt that he knows this. So whether it’s sitting on a trainer’s face or scamming memorabilia, we see a family that will do whatever they want.

As much I loathe Manning, I watched the end of the game to see that the great philosopher had to say after his last game. Part of me even succumbed to wanting to be happy for the guy, even winning despite playing like crap, after such a long and entertaining career and after being benched earlier in the season. That moment was one of cheapest, trashiest moments in recorded television history. What an phony, hyped up piece of garbage. That’s some gasoline soaked douchery.

Why Peyton Manning Gave Budweiser $3 Million in Free Advertising

In a post-game interview with CBS’s Tracy Wolfson, Manning said he planned to “drink a lot of Budweiser” to celebrate his Super Bowl victory. A few minutes later on the winner’s podium, the five-time National Football League MVP again brought up the popular brew, saying, “What’s weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth.”

https://www.americaninno.com/austin/peyton-manning-owns-budweiser-distributors-in-louisiana-report/

Last edited:
Uh...so rubbing genitals on a woman's face is "flashing"? You think he "showed her his package"? Let's see what Jamie Naughtright has to say..

‘Pulled his shorts down and sat on my face’

Jamie Naughright, who was an athletic trainer at the University of Tennessee while Manning was the star quarterback, spoke to American TV network CBS’ Inside Edition about the 1996 incident in which she alleges Manning exposed himself to her, then placed his genitals on her face.

Manning, who played in the NFL for nearly 20 years with the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos has admitted to “mooning” a teammate as a 19-year-old with Naughright present, but for decades has denied making contact with her, denials that his lawyer continued issuing on Monday.

Asked about Manning’s contention that he never touched her, Naughright said: “That’s a lie.

“I felt something on my face and Peyton had pulled his shorts down and sat his anus and his testicles on my face,” she said in her first TV interview, airing on Tuesday (AEDT). “So I pushed him up and out. He turned around, pulled his shorts back up.”

She added: “I was repulsed. I was scared. I was intimidated. … It was definitely a predator — intimidating, anger, violent eyes that he had.”

No offense Bob...but...YOU are full of fecal matter
Let's please compare and contrast with Zeke Mowatt, who was responding to being repeatedly ogled.

Let's hear from Peyton (to the Nationwide jingle):
Gosh, the wife picks out ugly ties.
My Tom looks so lean and pristine.
Why am I a big, fat ****?
Ironic I use teabags on my eyes.
Male pattern baldness really sucks.
I like chili on nachos and fries.
OK but what's wrong with chili?

Bill Russell regularly had Wilt Chamberlain over to his house when Philadelphia played in Boston. This may have been the most intense rivalry in the NBA (when Wilt got a record setting $100,000 contract, Red gave Russell a $100,001 contract. :) )
...and Russ had dinner at Wilt's family when he was in Philly.

We all know about Larry and Magic

Non-Brady elite QBs* of the Peyton/Brady era, and their playoff records:

Peyton: 14-13
Brees: 8-7
Rodgers: 10-7
Roethlisberger: 13-8
Warner: 9-4
Rivers: 5-6

So, really, postseason success, at least in terms of wins and losses, would indicate that Warner and Brady are alone above the others. Postseasons records (and the important point that the number of games is surprisingly low for players of such elite status) would also seem to indicate either that most of the 'elite' QBs aren't all that elite or that, even at the QB position, only a special player really holds up as a difference maker.

*Wilson, for anyone who might want to argue him, is 8-5.
Eli 8-3

Even with Peyton's off field behavior, he and Brady have enough in common that they can relate to each other in a way that neither can relate to their own fanbase.

Eli is not, and has never been, an elite Peyton/Brady era QB, though.
Nope. He had 2 miracle runs, and otherwise has been roughly at the Joe Flacco level.

I do not believe Rivers is elite but he has been a considerably better QB than Eli throughout their careers, Admittedly Eli came through late in 2 Super Bowls and that has moved him from the Flacco realm to borderline HOF for some reason. Have never seen a player get more mileage out of his post season play (which has actually not even been that impressive considering he has averaged under 20 points per game in the 12 games played) and that in his 2 Super Bowl wins he scored less points than Foles did in his one game. Look Eli came through with big drives late in both games and as much I do not want to I give him huge kudos for that. But in no way does that make him elite or HOF worthy in my book. Only selected twice for the Pro Bowl (made it twice more as an alternate)

Rivers has a career rating of 95.6 while Eli is 84.1 Rivers has averaged more points per game in postseason than Eli. Rivers lost 3 times to the Pats in the playoff and has not had big post season moments and that will likely cost him the HOF but if I had a choice who I'd want on the Past since they were drafted it would be Rivers w/o a 2nd thought.

You forgot my favorite “Peyton Manning is a sleaze” incident. After Super Bowl 50, he talked about how he was going to “drink Budweiser” afterwards. He actually specifically mentioned Budweiser twice. The second he said it, I knew it was a pre-prepared comment made for monetary gain. I am surprised he didn’t get more criticism for that. It irked me twofold:

1) It was extremely selfish. His team just won the Super Bowl (and let’s set aside that he was carried through that season) and his priority is to shill beer as opposed to talking about his teammates or the game or just being genuinely ecstatic about having won.

2) It’s another example of how the Manning family thinks rules don’t apply to them. Athletes are not supposed to endorse alcoholic beverages, and I have no doubt that he knows this. So whether it’s sitting on a trainer’s face or scamming memorabilia, we see a family that will do whatever they want.

They take after dear old dad.
Archie was the one who was yukking it up with PEDton in a book about the trainer. It led to another settlement.
Archie was also the one I heard on radio the morning of the 2007 SB who was complaining about Fran Tarkenton making the HOF.

Last edited:
I do not believe Rivers is elite but he has been a considerably better QB than Eli throughout their careers, Admittedly Eli came through late in 2 Super Bowls and that has moved him from the Flacco realm to borderline HOF for some reason. Have never seen a player get more mileage out of his post season play (which has actually not even been that impressive considering he has averaged under 20 points per game in the 12 games played) and that in his 2 Super Bowl wins he scored less points than Foles did in his one game. Look Eli came through with big drives late in both games and as much I do not want to I give him huge kudos for that. But in no way does that make him elite or HOF worthy in my book. Only selected twice for the Pro Bowl (made it twice more as an alternate)

Rivers has a career rating of 95.6 while Eli is 84.1 Rivers has averaged more points per game in postseason than Eli. Rivers lost 3 times to the Pats in the playoff and has not had big post season moments and that will likely cost him the HOF but if I had a choice who I'd want on the Past since they were drafted it would be Rivers w/o a 2nd thought.
This is a great post.

This stuff is subjective, and often doesn't make sense. Example:. Jim Plunkett was a great quarterback, but there's too much there to criticize (Hi Maust). Anyway, I've always hated the Giants, mainly because they suck. But Eli's just not going away.

They call the holding, and/or Wes hangs on, things are different. And I do like Coughlin.

Some things in life just suck, like the Giants. Best we can do is change the channel when the Mannings are on.

Manning over Graham is a crime against humanity. At least he didn’t go full moron and rank him over Montana. Top 3 is Brady, Graham, Montana without question. Brees at 6 shows this guy is a prisoner of the moment. The list isn’t horrible, but it’s clearly flawed.

Aikman over Young?..uh, okay..

Eli is not, and has never been, an elite Peyton/Brady era QB, though.

Eli is actually 8-4. Can we count Missed The Postseason as a postseason loss, since that’s exactly what it is? That would put Eli at 8-12, which better reflects his career. He has been the starting QB for 14 seasons and won at least one postseason game 2 times out of 14. Two really bizarre playoff runs is all this guy has. 0 postseason wins beyond 2007 and 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back