PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on DeVante Parker

He seems to be scared of/not very good at the seam routes. Brady and Gronk lived off that route for a decade.
Jonnu Smith should be feeding off those and chill with those bread basket screen passes my grandmother could catch those. I am seeing some serious flaws in Mac I hope some are correctable I think Jimmy G is way better than him and its' not even close.

Parker open at the bottom (Mac went over the middle instead and got 4 yards to someone else)...

View attachment 45513
That's Mac not seeing the field or he has happy feet real nice four yard pass there. :rolleyes: I am sure the Coaches sees the tapes yeah it's Mac.

Jonnu Smith should be feeding off those and chill with those bread basket screen passes my grandmother could catch those. I am seeing some serious flaws in Mac I hope some are correctable I think Jimmy G is way better than him and its' not even close.
I still wonder if Bill would have invested that much money in those two tight ends if he would have know Mac has trouble with the seam routes.

I still wonder if Bill would have invested that much money in those two tight ends if he would have know Mac has trouble with the seam routes.
Interesting Mac doesn't throw the best footballs and they hang up there forever hospital balls?? I would be probably scared to catch his footballs over the middle too lurking LB's and Safeties Hit hard!

That's Mac not seeing the field or he has happy feet real nice four yard pass there. :rolleyes: I am sure the Coaches sees the tapes yeah it's Mac.
Unless you see the full play it’s tough to call Mac out on this. Was there a defender near Parker who left him when he saw the play go to the middle? What was the progression for Mac, is Parker his 4th option on the play? Is it a play designed to go to someone in particular? What was the coverage and rush?

To much unknown on a still shot to put the blame on Mac for missing an seemingly open receiver.

Unless you see the full play it’s tough to call Mac out on this. Was there a defender near Parker who left him when he saw the play go to the middle? What was the progression for Mac, is Parker his 4th option on the play? Is it a play designed to go to someone in particular? What was the coverage and rush?

To much unknown on a still shot to put the blame on Mac for missing an seemingly open receiver.
"Seemingly"? You could have landed a 747 with the space LJ had.

Hopefully some good home cooking does him well Mac needs to have a good pick free game. Also Parker have been a decent WR in this league 9 yards in two game with a ridiculous amount of snaps is unacceptable something is wrong with his QB.

Hopefully some good home cooking does him well Mac needs to have a good pick free game. Also Parker have been a decent WR in this league 9 yards in two game with a ridiculous amount of snaps is unacceptable something is wrong with his QB.

Parker can't get separation, and Mac has been told to throw the ball to him anyway. Blaming the QB for the resultant problems is ridiculous.

Parker can't get separation, and Mac has been told to throw the ball to him anyway. Blaming the QB for the resultant problems is ridiculous.
Parker seemed to be a poor fit from the get go. Not sure Mac is comfortable throwing into tight windows.

"Seemingly"? You could have landed a 747 with the space LJ had.
We are seeing a picture after the ball has been thrown and the tackle made. You can clearly see the DB running towards the ball carrier. Where was he before the ball was thrown?

Parker runs a go and keeps running straight after the ball is thrown as he doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head. DB is facing the play and leaves Parker when ball is thrown to go to the ball carrier. Now we see a still where Parker looks wide open as he’s run another 10 yds down field while the DB is running towards the middle of the field. Doesn’t mean he was open when the ball was in Macs hands.

Parker seemed to be a poor fit from the get go. Not sure Mac is comfortable throwing into tight windows.

With his (relatively) weaker arm, it's common sense that he'd want to avoid throwing to covered receivers downfield, as the degree of difficulty is very high. Even guys with howitzers usually try to avoid making those throws, but the Patriots are, apparently, trying to make them a staple of the offense.

We are seeing a picture after the ball has been thrown and the tackle made. You can clearly see the DB running towards the ball carrier. Where was he before the ball was thrown?

Parker runs a go and keeps running straight after the ball is thrown as he doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head. DB is facing the play and leaves Parker when ball is thrown to go to the ball carrier. Now we see a still where Parker looks wide open as he’s run another 10 yds down field while the DB is running towards the middle of the field. Doesn’t mean he was open when the ball was in Macs hands.
True but he was wide open on this play when the ball was in the air over the middle. Edit: tonight I'll see if I can get the whole play in a gif. I believe it was 2nd and 12. The next play was 3rd and 8.

1663691887311.png

Last edited:
Let's face it. Mac is not there just yet but I am hoping he does improve. It does seem to me that he has regressed from last year though. He's a lot of the reason the offense is mediocre at this point. Not the entire reason but a lot of it. The offense management is just as culpable, IMHO.

True but he was wide open on this play when the ball was in the air over the middle. Edit: tonight I'll see if I can get the whole play in a gif. I believe it was 2nd and 12. The next play was 3rd and 8.

View attachment 45542

Ball went to Stevenson for a 4 yard gain. It could have gone to Parker at the bottom or Meyers at the top. I only saw a couple of these on All 22.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
The receiver is covered until the defender comes off because he reads the screen.
Parker and Meyers are open and a pump fake would have demolished the Steelers on that play.

Parker and Meyers are open and a pump fake would have demolished the Steelers on that play.
TE H Henry was open over the middle too should have had more than four yards on that play.

I am not impressed from what seen from Parker. I hope we see him improving soon because he is supposed to be our star receiver but it seems right now he is falling behind both Myers and Agholor and to some extent Bourne who has barely played.
So, the goal is for Agholor, Myers, Bourne and Parker to ALL be in the top 3 in the depth chart.

One of these is the #4. I don't care who it is.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back