PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on DeVante Parker

Does Parker just draw coverage that opens things up for the rest? That's all I can figure at this point.

What can be said for Parker so far? Not good. I don't think it's just him though, he and Jones just aren't clicking. That week one interception came out of a stupid play-call from the sideline. The pick yesterday was entirely on Mac, poor vision, poor throw. Parker should get more productive but I think they have enough depth at WR to be an overall reliable unit. I'm more concerned with the TEs so far... just nothing there yet.

Here is every Parker target through two games:

Well when they start using their #1 CB on J Meyers: Patricia and Judge will have them just where they want em. Parker should exploit CB's two and three.:cool:

Okay, I get it, this is the week everyone complains about Parker and the way the coaches use him. Next week who will it be?
Come on people, last week at this time hardly anyone thought they would beat the Steelers. A grind it out win are the best kind and the norm for most games in the NFL. Can't we have one day where people are content with the victory and then on Tuesday, we can pick the WR that everyone wants to siht on?

What can be said for Parker so far? Not good. I don't think it's just him though, he and Jones just aren't clicking. That week one interception came out of a stupid play-call from the sideline. The pick yesterday was entirely on Mac, poor vision, poor throw. Parker should get more productive but I think they have enough depth at WR to be an overall reliable unit. I'm more concerned with the TEs so far... just nothing there yet.
I thought the throw was fine, looked like it would've fallen right into Parker's hands and let him keep running at full speed all the way to the end zone. Parker had his man beat by a couple steps. Just what you want. Obviously the problem was Fitzpatrick was also there and took it. Don't think Mac saw him which is, indeed, poor vision. But I don't have a lot of criticism for the throw.

That week one interception came out of a stupid play-call from the sideline.
Opting to throw to a blanketed receiver is the play caller's fault?
No other route runners on that play?
Throwing it away not an option?

Teflon Corky

Parker is the deep threat on a team that cant throw deep.

On the endzone INT in Miami, throw the ball higher and further so Parker is the only guy who can put a hand on it. The Agahlor TD pass was erringly similar to the Parker INT.

New England Patriots wide receiver DeVante Parker was held in check with zero catches on two targets in a Week 2 win against the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's been a disappointing start to the season for Parker, who was brought in via trade by the Patriots early this past offseason. Although he has been playing on the majority of snaps, he simply has not been receiving targets from quarterback Mac Jones. Jakobi Meyers has been the team's clear WR1 through two weeks and Nelson Agholor has seen seven more targets than Parker so far this season. Until he proves to have a role in New England's offense, he will not be on the fantasy radar and can be left on the waiver wire.--Jorden Hill - RotoBaller

Parker isn't a deep threat WR. He is more of a big possession WR. If anything, the Patriots have miscast him as more of deep threat. He should be used more as a sideline threat 8-15 yards down the field. The guy is 6'3", 218 LBs. He isn't a guy you should want to rely on consistently for 30-40 yard passes.

And the Agholor TD was a 50-50 pass that Agholor caught. If Brady made that same pass, people would be drooling all over themselves with praise. There was nothing wrong with the pass. It was just low percentage pass. Hence why it is call a 50-50 ball because both the receiver and defender have a shot to catch it.

Teflon Corky
Oh I get it borg.:cool:

I thought the throw was fine, looked like it would've fallen right into Parker's hands and let him keep running at full speed all the way to the end zone. Parker had his man beat by a couple steps. Just what you want. Obviously the problem was Fitzpatrick was also there and took it. Don't think Mac saw him which is, indeed, poor vision. But I don't have a lot of criticism for the throw.
The reply I saw didn't look like Parker was making that catch... he was looking to his left and the ball was coming down over his right shoulder. The pass had no chance anyway right out of Mac's hand with the way Fitzpatrick was tracking it. Mac got away with another bad throw on the dropped INT... not sure what Mac was looking at there.

It was 1st down on a long drive where they hadn't faced a 3rd down yet. The call was dumb. Granted it looked worse after the players executed it poorly but it wasn't the right call in that spot at all.

And the Agholor TD was a 50-50 pass that Agholor caught. If Brady made that same pass, people would be drooling all over themselves with praise. There was nothing wrong with the pass. It was just low percentage pass. Hence why it is call a 50-50 ball because both the receiver and defender have a shot to catch it.
The best part of that play was made by Agholor. Not only was it a great catch but he turned it into a TD. I don't think anyone is ripping Mac for the throw.

Parker isn't a deep threat WR. He is more of a big possession WR. If anything, the Patriots have miscast him as more of deep threat. He should be used more as a sideline threat 8-15 yards down the field. The guy is 6'3", 218 LBs. He isn't a guy you should want to rely on consistently for 30-40 yard passes.

Jones was targeting Parker in the endzone on the INT.

Parker is the best downfield threat New England has had in quite some time​

The Patriots have lacked a true deep threat ever since the days of Brandin Cooks in 2017. While Parker and Cooks are two different players — the former wins with size, the latter with speed — they both possess the ability to challenge the deep parts of a defense

Parker should've had a better game against Pittsburgh's secondary. I had higher expectations for him this year.

The INT in game 1 was due to it being an underthrow, plus pass interference.

The INT yesterday was either a bad pass or a bad route, hard to tell but probably a bad pass.

The incompletion yesterday on the back shoulder throw was disappointing, it shows they're not working well together yet.

The TD pass to Agholor was also underthrown. I'm not sure I've seen Mac overthrow a deep ball this year which tells me he's not putting it out there far enough.

I have soured on Parker already.... and I am usually a "Positive Pete" in these parts (aside from Alamo's score threads, LOL).

Okay, I get it, this is the week everyone complains about Parker and the way the coaches use him. Next week who will it be?
Come on people, last week at this time hardly anyone thought they would beat the Steelers. A grind it out win are the best kind and the norm for most games in the NFL. Can't we have one day where people are content with the victory and then on Tuesday, we can pick the WR that everyone wants to siht on?
Lol what? I am more pessimistic than most on this board and I thought we could beat the Steelers. We aren't supposed to complain about a guy taking snaps while contributing as many catches as you and I while another guy who seems to make plays every time he gets on the field loses snaps? If we won this game 38-14 then I could see the whiny posts about calling out a player who did nothing but we weren't exactly lighting the world on fire and need to have our best players on the field.

The INT yesterday was either a bad pass or a bad route, hard to tell but probably a bad pass.

The incompletion yesterday on the back shoulder throw was disappointing, it shows they're not working well together yet.

The TD pass to Agholor was also underthrown. I'm not sure I've seen Mac overthrow a deep ball this year which tells me he's not putting it out there far enough.
That catch by Agholor was all Agholor saved a Mac pick.

At first I thought you meant he hasn't successfully thrown deep to Parker ... and then you said "the weapons" and "them".

You caught weeks 1 & 2, right? Deep shot to Bourne against Miami. Deep shot to Agholor against Pittsburgh for TD. 20+ yard over-the-shoulder fade to Meyers.

Mac has hit some deep shots this season; he's certainly missed some, too.
His deep shot to Parker really sailed on him. Took a good hook to the left. If it had stayed on course might have been a TD

They haven't successfully thrown deep this year but I think they eventually will. Mac has left it short several times now, but it's not because he physically can't throw it deeper, it's like he's afraid of overthrowing the receiver. He's got the weapons, he's gotta lead them more and let them go get it.

It IS because he physically can't throw it deeper right now... His arm still isn't strong enough; he isn't stepping into ANY of his throws; and his technique sucks... His pocket presence & decision-making aren't good enough right now either.

Thank Ganja for Mitch Trubisky & Gunner.

He did over throw Agholor on week one out of bounds seems like Mac is thinking too much.

That week one interception came out of a stupid play-call from the sideline.
Felger & Maz....aka......Squeaky and the Douche are going over the 50/50 end zone heaves by Mac in the last two games....
And based on audio from Mac who essentially said he was going for the jump balls no matter what....

"That's what we wanted to do on that play" ........(All or nothing mothafuc*kas!!!)

sony GIF

I stand corrected

I humbly beg for your forgiveness

the proposal beg GIF by ABC Network

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes