PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This guy got free tickets to the Superbowl........

Congrats on him changing his life around! But guess what man. In most cases, the victim is still suffering from the effects of this. In this case the victim is dead. And he gets to be rewarded for damaging another person's life, in this case ending it. How is that fair? it's not! I really don't give a **** about going to the Super Bowl. I'm not jealous man.

I love to not understand things on purpose.

Congrats on him changing his life around! But guess what man. In most cases, the victim is still suffering from the effects of this. In this case the victim is dead. And he gets to be rewarded for damaging another person's life, in this case ending it. How is that fair? it's not! I really don't give a **** about going to the Super Bowl. I'm not jealous man.

It’s not just the victim. It’s their whole family that suffers. Just thinking about someone killing our kids senselessly, that would destroy us. Future hopes and dreams and grandkids.. all gone.

Neither justice nor salvation are to be gained by attacking your brother.

Last edited:

Why do you care about fair? They weren't you're tickets to give out. Fair doesn't factor into it. Jenkins was given tickets to the Super Bowl that he EARNED for making the Super Bowl. He could give them to anybody and he gave them to somebody who he had a relationship who HE thought was deserving.

Everything else is just people passing judgment over the situation. And quite frankly, talking about what's fair and someone getting rewarded does make you come off as jealous, whether you are or not. It's only Jenkins prerogative who got the tickets. And this talk of people not being deserving is just judgmental and petty.

Here's just the facts, no matter what you think of this guy, he went through our system and did his time.

You're missing the point. I can't help you.
The point you're making is glib. You're trying to say he's getting rewarded (by receiving tickets that Jenkins had every right to give to anybody) for killing someone. He's not. If that was the only component to the story he would not be getting tickets.

He got them because a player who does works criminal justice reform found out that this guy turned his life around and changed and he built a relationship with him. That's the primary reason he was given the tickets. Again it's really nobody here's business why Jenkins gives tickets to anybody.

Why do you care about fair? They weren't you're tickets to give out. Fair doesn't factor into it. Jenkins was given tickets to the Super Bowl that he EARNED for making the Super Bowl. He could give them to anybody and he gave them to somebody who he had a relationship who HE thought was deserving.

Everything else is just people passing judgment over the situation. And quite frankly, talking about what's fair and someone getting rewarded does make you come off as jealous, whether you are or not. It's only Jenkins prerogative who got the tickets. And this talk of people not being deserving is just judgmental and petty.

Here's just the facts, no matter what you think of this guy, he went through our system and did his time.

I don’t think wheelman’s idea of fairness even involves the super bowl tickets. It’s about one guy out enjoying his life while the person he murdered is dead.

I don’t think wheelman’s idea of fairness even involves the super bowl tickets. It’s about one guy out enjoying his life while the person he murdered is dead.
He didn't enjoy his life for 30 years. He has to live with the label of what he did forever. What's 3 hours vs 30 years. Please

He didn't enjoy his life for 30 years. He has to live with the label of what he did forever. What's 3 hours vs 30 years. Please

Don’t be condescending when someone has different views from yours. This is senseless murder and we just have different views concerning what a murderer deserves after he kills someone’s kid because he deliver food late. Then stuffing him in trash bags like garbage.

Don’t be condescending when someone has different views from yours. This is senseless murder and we just have different views concerning what a murderer deserves after he kills someone’s kid because he deliver food late. Then stuffing him in trash bags like garbage.
It's not condescending. It's a fact your weighing a 3 hour game vs 30 years in prison. In the grandscheme of things that's nothing.

If he bought the tickets you wouldn't be able to say anything. If he went to any football game in the country and paid his own way you wouldn't be able to say anything. In this case somebody he knew that he was working with decided to give him the ticket. And realistically it was 100% Jenkins decision on who to give that ticket away to and it's really nobodies business. You don't know what 99% of the people in Gillette any given Sunday might have done in their past.

I'm not even getting into the fact that he was 15 when it happened and if your killing someone at 15 realistically so many things beyond your control went wrong in your life at that point that it's kind of stupid to act like he's some hardened criminal like all the other murders in prison. I'm not even getting into the fact that really he spent his time in jail and paid his debt so other people's opinions on what he deserves actually don't matter anymore.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that someone wants to get all butthurt about somebody that he knows gave him tickets to a football game for free as if the joy of those 3 hours even dents 30 years behind bars.

It's not condescending. It's a fact your weighing a 3 hour game vs 30 years in prison. In the grandscheme of things that's nothing.

If he bought the tickets you wouldn't be able to say anything. If he went to any football game in the country and paid his own way you wouldn't be able to say anything. In this case somebody he knew that he was working with decided to give him the ticket. And realistically it was 100% Jenkins decision on who to give that ticket away to and it's really nobodies business. You don't know what 99% of the people in Gillette any given Sunday might have done in their past.

I'm not even getting into the fact that he was 15 when it happened and if your killing someone at 15 realistically so many things beyond your control went wrong in your life at that point that it's kind of stupid to act like he's some hardened criminal like all the other murders in prison. I'm not even getting into the fact that really he spent his time in jail and paid his debt so other people's opinions on what he deserves actually don't matter anymore.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that someone wants to get all butthurt about somebody that he knows gave him tickets to a football game for free as if the joy of those 3 hours even dents 30 years behind bars.

You don’t get it. It’s not about tickets or a football game. It’s about him being able to do whatever he wants while the person he killed is deprived of do anything.

You don’t get it. It’s not about tickets or a football game. It’s about him being able to do whatever he wants while the person he killed is deprived of do anything.

Yeah because he served his time....

We have a system. We aren't going by Hamurabi's code here. Not every murder is equal in the eyes of the law. In this dudes case he was a minor when he murdered someone. The Supreme Court decided minors can't be sentenced to life in prison. He did his time. There's really not much more to be said.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back