Eagles Lane Johnson goes off on Patriots...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Eagles Lineman Lane Johnson Still Annoyed by Patriot Way

Not sure why he continues to talk about us. I honestly hope we get these guys again.

Some interesting quotes:
Here's what pissed me off," Johnson answered when asked by Austin about the differences between the Eagles and the Pats. "The Patriots, obviously, I respect their coach, I respect Bill (Belichick), I respect Tom Brady, but just because they won Super Bowls the Patriot Way, is that supposed to be how everybody else is supposed to do the same thing? No, it's not. And that's what I got mad at, the arrogance of them.

"There was obviously some stuff behind closed doors. Their owner talking s--- to our owner. Bill talking s--- to our head coach before the game. I'm not going to say it, but a lot of s--- built up to that and I just got tired of hearing about it, man, to be honest. I saw a defense that wasn't overly talented. It was all really about containing Tom Brady. We had a hard time doing that; he had 505 yards. But that was really it, man. Going into the game, I'm not going to be shell-shocked by it. That was kind of our thing going in. I think we had the upper hand on that."

"The way I try to approach the game, I try to approach it fearless," Johnson said. "We talk about the Patriots, I got in a lot of trouble running my mouth. But my thinking was they give too much respect to these f------ guys. Everybody is half-assed scared of them and they're beat before they get on the field. I ain't playing Tom Brady; I don't give a f--- about him.

"I know that defensive line ain't going to do s--- against us and that was kind of my approach. I'm out there talking s--- to them, but our meeting rooms, I'm telling our guys that and I think a lot of times before games, a lot of guys are beat mentally. I can tell you that first-hand from my rookie year. You look at guys on paper, size and speed, that s--- don't matter."

Last edited:
He's beating his chest because they won. TB put up 505 on them and he's talking Shi' about our Def. that weren't in their regular roles and Eagles were No.1 but you'd never know it unless you looked on back of a milk carton. They escaped with a win, now lets see how you do with a bull's eye on your back and everyone gunnin for you. Might just end up being a One Hit Wonder.

He's beating his chest because they won. TB put up 505 on them and he's talking Shi' about our Def. that weren't in their regular roles and Eagles were No.1 but you'd never know it unless you looked on back of a milk carton. They escaped with a win, now lets see how you do with a bull's eye on your back and everyone gunnin for you. Might just end up being a One Hit Wonder.

I cant stand Lane Johnson.

Ehh.... He effectively says "I like our way, and I hate their way, but we got lucky to win, because we couldn't do our job, which was to contain Brady. Thankfully, their defense sucked".

So he's an all too-typical example of the modern younger American, but he at least acknowledged the failure.

It was all really about containing Tom Brady. We had a hard time doing that; he had 505 yards.

And what he's saying regarding the game itself is essentially the same thing that everyone is saying and/or has said.

Not the most sophisticated and polite of speech patterns, but most everything he said sounded true.

He's right on basically all accounts tbh. I'm not sure if it's NE who says "their way" is the best and only way as much as it is the media who does it but the premise of having to be fearless is spot on.

He's right on basically all accounts tbh. I'm not sure if it's NE who says "their way" is the best and only way as much as it is the media who does it but the premise of having to be fearless is spot on.

He also calls us arrogant and says Kraft and BB were talking smack before the game to their owner and coach. That I don’t believe.

He also calls us arrogant and says Kraft and BB were talking smack before the game to their owner and coach. That I don’t believe.
That one was a little out of left field to me too

Out of the mouth of morons a small nugget of truth. To beat the patriots you can not play scared, you can't take the safe option, you have to score TD's not FG's. To the eagles credit they did that and it payed off. I thought it several times during the game "damn they are playing the right way to win this game. Gotta tip my hat to the coach He's got a massive pair of brass ones making that call"

Let me know when the Filthadelphia Egos attain a dynasty...let alone FIVE rings.

"Smack" is a term of perspective, like "respect", that is often used to fire up a team, regardless of how theoretically offensive the smack/respect issue really was. See Harrison, Rodney

This guy really has a screw loose.

They caught Bill and Peterson talking and there were nothing but pleasantries exchanged. For a minute there I thought they were going to french kiss.

Silver Spoon Lurie and Bend Over Bob might have had a little friendly back-n-forth needling but I'm sure thats as far as it went.

Ehh.... He effectively says "I like our way, and I hate their way, but we got lucky to win, because we couldn't do our job, which was to contain Brady. Thankfully, their defense sucked".

So he's an all too-typical example of the modern younger American, but he at least acknowledged the failure.

And what he's saying regarding the game itself is essentially the same thing that everyone is saying and/or has said.

I don't get how your paraphrase at the beginning of your post relates to your token jab at the young folk. He wasn't asking for a safe space or a participation trophy, so I'm kind of at a loss for which strawman it actually is.

Is your point that he was taking credit for the good and deflecting blame for the bad? Because he played offense, which would make him correct to do so (which you may have acknowledged).

We got our butt whooped - some will then talk a bunch of crap.

This is one reason why losing sucks ... we've done it ... so use it for fuel for this coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down