PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Lane Johnson goes off on Patriots...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how your paraphrase at the beginning of your post relates to your token jab at the young folk. He wasn't asking for a safe space or a participation trophy, so I'm kind of at a loss for which strawman it actually is.

Is your point that he was taking credit for the good and deflecting blame for the bad? Because he played offense, which would make him correct to do so (which you may have acknowledged).

What token jab? It's widely acknowledged that the younger players and older coaches have conflicts over style and approach. It's also widely acknowledged that such conflicts happen in the normal business world, as well, and that the young Americans have a tendency to speak when decorum was the rule in the past. Johnson is serving as a prototypical example of it.

But you feel free to pretend there's some dastardly issue here, if you wish.

For now on we should not dignify his ideas with a response.

Not the most sophisticated and polite of speech patterns, but most everything he said sounded true.
It did?
How are the patriots arrogant? Because the media talks about the patriot way? You will never find a team more respectful of their opponents.
Do you really think the owner talked **** to the owner behind closed doors and B.B. talked shot to pederson behind closed doors? Seriously?

The stuff about being confident and not fearing the dynasty is a good approach to have but the other stuff is bs.

You win and you get to run your mouth, that's kind of the way it works. The bit about Kraft and BB talking smack is less than credible but is probably just an overstatement of something innocuous that got lost in translation. That said, wtf should we get worked up about what Lane PED Johnson has to say?

Last edited:
"Smack" is a term of perspective, like "respect", that is often used to fire up a team, regardless of how theoretically offensive the smack/respect issue really was. See Harrison, Rodney
If you want to believe Belichick talked smack to Pederson before the game, go ahead but you would be stranded on the island of wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone's being catty....

"Smack" is a term of perspective, like "respect", that is often used to fire up a team, regardless of how theoretically offensive the smack/respect issue really was. See Harrison, Rodney
I don't know Rodney Harrison's definition of the term "smack" but it means "talking sh**".

free rent in his head lol

Lane Johnson can talk all he wants but it's funny that even when teams beat the Pats, they are still in their heads.

And nobody is scared of the Pats any more. See the Jacksonville game, they had zero respect for the Pats. Teams were defeated before they even went on the field during their 20 win game streak at home and during the 2007 season. They have lost that mystique since then. Same with BB having "two weeks to prepare" and "rookie QB's struggle against BB".

Regarding the Patriots way of doing things, he should be mad at the media for creating the "Patriot Way" and using it as the gold standard of doing things. On the other hand, can you blame the media seeing the success the Pats have had? There's a reason teams try to copy the Pats.

And what is he talking about that the Pats are arrogant? Since when do they go around saying their way is the best way?

I have a hard time believing BB is now a sh** talker during games. I do believe he does it behind close doors though.

Well, the Pats do "say" that the Patriot Way is the best way, just not verbally:

- 18 seasons
- 15 playoff appearances
- 12 conference championship appearances
- 8 Superbowl appearances

***** 5 RINGS *****

Anyway, I think Mr. Johnson may have some serious daddy issues.

I don't know Rodney Harrison's definition of the term "smack" but it means "talking sh**".

Allow me to attempt to clarify for you. Rodney is one of 'ours' and therefore he talks trash/smack, Lane Johnson is not and therefore he talks sh!t.

Well, the Pats do "say" that the Patriot Way is the best way, just not verbally:

- 18 seasons
- 15 playoff appearances
- 12 conference championship appearances
- 8 Superbowl appearances

***** 5 RINGS *****

Anyway, I think Mr. Johnson may have some serious daddy issues.

That's the "We have Tom Brady" way. The "Patriots way" without Tom Brady has been nowhere near as successful.

He also calls us arrogant and says Kraft and BB were talking smack before the game to their owner and coach. That I don’t believe.
...unless you think, "Good luck, you have a great team" is "smack"...

They won, we lost. Sucks but it’s the crow you eat

Lane Johnson won a Super Bowl and he’s still upset. This guy needs to see a shrink. Sounds like a bully.

tenor.gif

To those saying they won, they get to talk...that is bs. Especially when you are obviously not being truthful (bb talking trash to pederson)

Ehh.... He effectively says "I like our way, and I hate their way, but we got lucky to win, because we couldn't do our job, which was to contain Brady. Thankfully, their defense sucked".

So he's an all too-typical example of the modern younger American, but he at least acknowledged the failure.

And what he's saying regarding the game itself is essentially the same thing that everyone is saying and/or has said.

Yeah, I don't get some of the stuff he said but his view of the game was pretty spot on.

Sounds like standard bulletin board material with maybe some embellishment that Johnson swallowed whole. They won so whatever. I hope they’re largely healthy but go 7-9 because they all believe their own hype now.

Unfortunately it may be bs, but that's how she goes. Take it as a compliment - even when they lose the Pats are still top dog. When it comes down to it, it's just offseason blah, meaningless.

G0exb_s-200x150.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft