PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Lane Johnson goes off on Patriots...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge problem with anything he said here, except its very hard to believe that bb was talking trash to peterson or kraft was talking trash to their owner. Hard to take anything he says seriously with comments like that, unless bb has a secret twitter account or something

He’s right. The Patriots have gotten so deep into other teams heads that you beat them by testing them like any other team and try to outmatch strength and weakness. The examples of teams clenching their nuts at the most critical moments are extensive, and the Eagles went for the win and got it. Props to them, they deserved it.

Not a huge problem with anything he said here, except its very hard to believe that bb was talking trash to peterson or kraft was talking trash to their owner. Hard to take anything he says seriously with comments like that, unless bb has a secret twitter account or something

I have kind of problem with the "arrogance" thing. I mean, arrogance is partly having an exaggerated sense of importance, ability. I don't know how the Pats' record over the past 18 seasons is some sort of exaggeration. If Lane means acting superior or conceited or egotistical, doesn't that kind of apply to every team? Doesn't that kind of go along with being competitive?

He should take Teddys advice and shut the **** up and worry about his own team and try to win another one. My bet is they dont.

Talking **** AFTER beating them...this is a new low for another team all but admitting we have taken out space in their heads. Wow.

For someone who says how much "fun" he has on the Eagles, he is awfully angry all the time.

Let the "fun" team have their win every now and again. Just like in life, hard work and dedication win 9/10 times. I'll take those odds any day.

For someone who says how much "fun" he has on the Eagles, he is awfully angry all the time.

Let the "fun" team have their win every now and again. Just like in life, hard work and dedication win 9/10 times. I'll take those odds any day.

Fun gets you 1 Super Bowl. What BB gets you is a dynasty.

If we had Jules, Bulter (playing), and High that azzhole wouldn't be so mouthy. We'd have tarred and feathered the Iggles. But please go on beating your chest because you won't be getting back to the big dance anytime soon.

That defensive line.

He cant talk about Malcolm Brown like that. While Brown will, well, do nothing.

I expect some of what annoys other teams and fan bases alike is the Pats don't spend a great deal of time discussing or celebrating the teams they beat (almost a "one night stand" effect). The season begins, and nobody seems to care about last year.

The Iggles went a long time without a title, and now get to experience what the Pats already know - it is tough to win titles every year and tougher to repeat when you are Goliath. The pre-season hype sounds a little like the Pats last year, and all the wanted posters on the wall with the new additions and stupid off field stuff doesn't bode well for team chemistry. He can chatter away about being fun, but see how much fun things are if they don't live up to expectations this year.

Let's see if we actually care what he has to say by midseason,

Training Camp can't get here soon enough.

Still living in their heads rent-free.

Basically, he said, let's stop Brady but it's okay if we don't because their defense sucks.

And he was proven correct.

Mods, please turn this into the Lane Johnson Megathread. Clearly a number of out fellow Pats fans cannot get enough of this fool.

Not the most sophisticated and polite of speech patterns, but most everything he said sounded true.
Bull. I don’t believe for a single second Kraft or Belichick trashed talked anyone before the game.

As for calling them arrogant.... one man’s arrogance is another man’s confidence. Usually the difference depends on which team you root for.

You have to wonder how mad Lane Johnson would be at the Patriots if his team lost the Super Bowl, especially if the New England scored a TD on a play that could have been called back due to penalty. He'd make the 2001 Raiders and Rams players seem respectful and magnanimous.

I could see being emotional and still fired up about the game back in February, but 3 months later is a kind of obsessive. I don't recall anyone from, say, the Broncos still talking trash about the Panthers months after SB 50.

A little anecdote about Johnson: I was reading tweets from Patriots fans I follow about a month ago and there was an exchange where one person mentioned Johnson. I forget exactly what they said, it was probably like "You could be a sore winner like Lane Johnson." It's not a compliment, but it's also not vulgar or hugely insulting. They also didn't "@" Johnson, they just mentioned his name. Anyway, not too long after that tweet went out, Johnson himself posts in the thread, insulting those guys. Lane Johnson searches Twitter for anyone mentioning his name and possibly saying something negative about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back